• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Return to the Land of Ghost Lorelei

So I heard you like mudkips.
mudkip.jpg

Crayolan

We have the same exact team that I had the first time I played Mystery Dungeon. Wow this is nostalgic. And our partner is named Charm. <3

Besides Cynthia, any other tough battles? I haven't played Platinum in years.

I can see us having trouble in at least a few gyms depending on who's our starter. Off the top of my head, Lucario on the 5thish gym leader (I know the 3rd-5th got moved around in Platnium), Bastiodon on the 6th one, Abomasnow in the 7th one and I think Electrivire is on the 8th one in Platinum. I don't remember the rival's pokemon at all.

Toxi

Banned
I can see us having trouble in at least a few gyms depending on who's our starter. Off the top of my head, Lucario on the 5thish gym leader (I know the 3rd-5th got moved around in Platnium), Bastiodon on the 6th one, Abomasnow in the 7th one and I think Electrivire is on the 8th one in Platinum. I don't remember the rival's pokemon at all.
Rival has Snorlax, Heracross, and Staraptor. Very badass team.

Haha flint has a Flareon. Cynthia has out nemesis Milotic also.

God I don't even know who is Cynthia's worse Pokemon from Milotic to Togekiss to Lucario or Garchomp. It's going to be ridiculous.

Toxi

Banned
Huge power Slaking would have beaten the Elite 4 on the second try (after the first where we lost to Lorelei ghosts).

a,,AOOOzz is the worst adventure partner ever.

Poor Mudkip just can't get to sleep.

Altaria pulled her weight and swept Lorelei.

Slaking demolished everyone else. Crits EVERYWHERE!

Just read through last few pages

And If I remember correctly, I was about the only person to have faith in our archangel

So HAH

kyo2004

Glad to see we beat E4 (almost missed TEH URN)... :D... Slaking withour Truant obliterated almost half E4 including Green (rememoring Red clean sweeps)...

Now... 6 Days to Platinum... hmmm never played that games... so it's gonna be a new world for me... :D...

Glad to see we beat E4 (almost missed TEH URN)... :D... Slaking withour Truant obliterated almost half E4 including Green (rememoring Red clean sweeps)...

Now... 6 Days to Platinum... hmmm never played that games... so it's gonna be a new world for me... :D...

If it wasn't for XY I'll say is the best Pokemon game in the series. It still has some things that the sequels failed to implement again.

Probably the best pokemon along with HG/SS

kyo2004

If it wasn't for XY I'll say is the best Pokemon game in the series. It still has some things that the sequels failed to implement again.

Probably the best pokemon along with HG/SS

Hmmm... interesting... almost make me want to buy a 3DS only for pkmn games... xD...

BTW...

by ZetsuTheFirst

http://dt.reddit.com/r/twitchplaysp...ll_sanctioned_shenanigans_hi_mr_dome_how_can/

and one mine (sorry for my lack of drawing/paint/photoshop/etc. skills)... xD

Crayolan

Don't listen to them, gen 4 is the worst gen. I still expect the run to be fun though.

Edit: To be clear, even the "worst" pokemon gen is still good in general. It's freaking pokemon.

Toxi

Banned
Awesome fanart.

Hyperbug was with us the longest... Poor fella gave it his all even as he fell behind.
Don't listen to them, gen 4 is the worst gen. I still expect the run to be fun though.

Edit: To be clear, even the "worst" pokemon gen is still good in general. It's freaking pokemon.
Gen 4 is the worst gen, but Platinum is the best game.

Not sure how it works out that way, but it does.

Gen 4 has the top tier Pokemon soundtrack OUTSIDE OF BATTLE and also up to that point had more variety and sheer number of Pokemon capturable than any game in the series before it. A decent storyline, but absolutely more compelling than the ones that came before it. And Platinum fixed the worst thing about the game, dat slowness

gen4 doesn't like fire Pokemon though. Game was like 'HERE'S PONYTA FUCK EVERYONE ELSE'

Crayolan

Wow, the comparisons are perfect. Except maybe for Mew to Helix, though they are both legends technically.

Gen 4 is the worst gen, but Platinum is the best game.

Not sure how it works out that way, but it does.

Nah. If I were to replay a main series game Platinum would be the last I'd play (excluding paired games of course, since the 3rd game in a gen is always the definitive version).

Gen 4 has the top tier Pokemon soundtrack OUTSIDE OF BATTLE and also up to that point had more variety and sheer number of Pokemon capturable than any game in the series before it. A decent storyline, but absolutely more compelling than the ones that came before it. And Platinum fixed the worst thing about the game, dat slowness

gen4 doesn't like fire Pokemon though. Game was like 'HERE'S PONYTA FUCK EVERYONE ELSE'

Platinum is still too slow. Gen 4 has the least original pokemon I like. Pokemon music has always been top tier, and tbh IMO it's at it's worst in Gen 4 (once again: still not bad, just comparatively worse). Sinnoh is my least favorite region for various reasons-I felt like there was too much going through the same places, the region was too big, and the landmarks were mostly bland. And Team Galactic was just plain stupid. I mean, Magma and Aqua were stupid too, but at least they looked cool, felt like a threat, and had good music. The only good music associated with Team Galactic is in their HQ,which is admittedly fantastic. Platinum also had the 2nd least memorable gym leaders (this is a big deal for me), though they weren't that awful, unlike in Gen 6 where I've forgotten more than half of the leaders already.

What Platinum did do right is the quality of life changes (praise physical/special split), introduction of online, lots of pokemon available in the main game (though when you compare it to BW2 or XY it still feels small), a ton of cool legendaries, Distortion World, and a proper difficulty curve.

I foresee an Emerald Elite Four 2.0 coming up for Platinum
how many attempts until they even reach best champion for the first time, let's take bets

Toxi

Banned
Don't worry, Platinum has awesome shit like Houndour (in fact, it's the first game and for a long time the only game you could get Houndour befor beating the Elite 4 in). It fixed a LOT of Diamond and Pearl's issues, even if a few too many remain.

Don't worry, Platinum has awesome shit like Houndour (in fact, it's the first game and for a long time the only game you could get Houndour befor beating the Elite 4 in). It fixed a LOT of Diamond and Pearl's issues, even if a few two many remain.
On that note. We better get that demon doge.

Top Bottom