• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Platinum: Twitch Develops a Gambling Addiction

That Cyrus fight
Wow

VcLNiHA.jpg

by RemusSheperd

30 Xanatos Pile Up

Ummm

Twitch Dates Pokemon with Burrito Protagonist (I Dont Even)
Lololol. A WHORE!

Crayolan

I was thinking of suggesting the title Twitch Plays Pokemon Platinum: Getting Kicked Off Mountaintops since 2014, but then we went and beat Cyrus. Darn.

Crayolan

Wait to see if they get healed or not
If they dont, change it

The exit to the distortion world is in a completely different place, we're not on Mt. Coronet anymore.

Also can I change the title myself? Pretty sure it can only change if a mod reads it and likes my idea (or just changes it whatever they think it should be).

The exit to the distortion world is in a completely different place, we're not on Mt. Coronet anymore.

Also can I change the title myself? Pretty sure it can only change if a mod reads it and likes my idea (or just changes it whatever they think it should be).

no
Change it should be "Try to get it changed"

We're down to one pokemon now, but he's the most defensive with the best defensive typing of our team

I actually don't know where we are, this area always gives me foggy memory because I typically fly out to a pokecenter as soon as I leave Distortion World

backlot

Bibarel critting Gyarados with Superpower is really what made the run. Flareon wouldn't have been able to finish off Gyarados otherwise. It's amazing how everything lined up for us.

Bibarel critting Gyarados with Superpower is really what made the run. Flareon wouldn't have been able to finish off Gyarados otherwise. It's amazing how everything lined up for us.
I really hope it goes up on YouTube. I unfortunately missed it. We really need to dump Shinx ASAP though.

Crayolan

Yea we got pretty lucky there. Flareon not getting affected by Gyarados's intimidate also made a pretty big difference; without intimidate his strength changed from a 3hko to a 2hko.

I really how it goes up on YouTube. I unfortunately missed it. We really need to dump Shinx ASAP though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7nSPomch3c

A nice fellow has been recording all the gym battles and a few other special moments this run. He uploads the battles pretty quick too!

Missed the dance riot, but at least I can listen to the music

Holy helix this theme is GOAT

Besides the one Kanto theme remix in it, everything about it makes it the best Game Corner music, including all the G/S/C/HG/SS themes

TrickRoom

Well... the end result of that last battle...

I sure didn't see that coming.

Apparently the chat was moving fast enough for all of the button presses to get accepted as a "hold". The game thought the balls button was being pressed and held the whole time.

You know, the one area where Sinnoh music DEFINITELY wins is consistently great route music

EDIT: Chucked 3 balls at Azelf and left
Chat was pretty determined about catching it too, and I love Azelf

Temathael

We came closer than expected thanks to some tactical heals with moomoo milk. Though Volkner's Fire Fang and Fire Punch coverage was too much for Bronzonger and Roserade.
Yes that was a good attempt.

Should be pretty easy on second try if everything goes even somewhat as planned.

Poison point victory... that was pretty hilarious. We didn't even use bronzong, golbat, or flareon that run.
Edit: Accidentally used a rare candy on Shinx and it still managed to not evolve. Incredible.

How is this game compared to previous ones? Anyone have that chart tracking playtime and gym badge acquisition?

Funny, it was just updated

We're tracking behind every single run so far
vltks3N.png

We had the largest or 2nd largest gap of no progress in all of TPP history between the ledge and losing to Cyrus and time paradoxes and game crashes and daycare and dance riots though

We made pretty good time considering we have never used demo and probably never will.

Just realized you're right. Iirc, we've gotten past ay obstacles that may have forced it to come back

Espada

Wow, that is a giant gap between the 7th and 8th badges. Must've been a hell of an experience fighting Cyrus and dance riots. When do you guys think you'll beat the E4 and Cynthia?

I'm looking at that chart and wonder what the hell happened with Drake. Goddamn, was Salamence really that bad?

Wow, that is a giant gap between the 7th and 8th badges. Must've been a hell of an experience fighting Cyrus and dance riots. When do you guys think you'll beat the E4 and Cynthia?

I'm looking at that chart and wonder what the hell happened with Drake. Goddamn, was Salamence really that bad?

Shiftry and Phoebe

woen

The gap between the 7th and 8th badges is here when you play the game without TPP though.

Could we beat the E4 with our current team ?

The gap between the 7th and 8th badges is here when you play the game without TPP though.

Could we beat the E4 with our current team ?

Flareon can take out Bug guy, Roserade can take out big bertha, bidarel is out best bet against Flint (infernape can take him out though) and our team doesn't have much to damage Lucian.

Then Cynthia wile destroy us. We are so not ready for her.

Anybody expecting evolution is crazy. Viewers and therefore trolls always flock to victory road and elite 4.

Its also more people and inputs to drown out b's
Maybe if everyone in the stream, not just 10%, worked together for an evolution, with the higher viewcount, we could do it

Or something really hype could happen, like Sunshine being our last pokemon, using thunderbolt to take out Milotic, beating Cynthia, and she finally evolves afterwards

I would go insane if that happened or some evolution after Cynthia in general

Takashi

TPP wouldn't be TTP without trolls imo. Adds to the victory.

And why is the streamer bringing back demo for HG/SS? It seems like a game can be beaten just fine without it based on Platinum. It's even lessened the anarchy vs democracy spam the chat devolves to and people have focused more on actually playing and working together.

woen

Anybody expecting evolution is crazy. Viewers and therefore trolls always flock to victory road and elite 4.

Don't lose hope my friend.

And why is the streamer bringing back demo for HG/SS? It seems like a game can be beaten just fine without it based on Platinum. It's even lessened the anarchy vs democracy spam the chat devolves to and people have focused more on actually playing and working together.

Keeping people entertained with new features/features coming back ?

I hope he'll let down the Stadium gambling system...

Crayolan

TPP wouldn't be TTP without trolls imo. Adds to the victory.

We dont have confirmation of demo being brought back for HGSS, but it's pretty much expected because there are some puzzles in the game which might be deemed "too hard" for anarchy, which is usually what brings democracy. In Red it was the Rocket Floor, in Crystal it was Morty's Gym (but we had it from the start anyway), in Emerald it was the Seafloor Cavern, in Fire Red it was the rocket floor once again, and in HGSS it will probably be Morty's Gym again.

The puzzle is changed from GSC, but it still requires a lot of walking in straight lines uninterrupted. If that doesn't do it then Ice Path might, and if not Ice Path then maybe Blue's Gym at the very end of Kanto will. Or he might just give us it from the start because it's like a Crystal redux, but I doubt that'll be the case.

Top Bottom