• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Platinum: Twitch Develops a Gambling Addiction

Takashi

I doubt the stadium thing is going away. It must keep some amount of viewers.

And I don't mind if it comes back for almost impossible portions, as long as it's not really used in anything aside from that. I don't think he will just add democracy temporarily and then remove it afterward since that's never happened. Once democracy shows up it stays for the rest of the playthrough in some form.

We dont have confirmation of demo being brought back for HGSS, but it's pretty much expected because there are some puzzles in the game which might be deemed "too hard" for anarchy, which is usually what brings democracy. In Red it was the Rocket Floor, in Crystal it was Morty's Gym (but we had it from the start anyway), in Emerald it was the Seafloor Cavern, in Fire Red it was the rocket floor once again, and in HGSS it will probably be Morty's Gym again.

The puzzle is changed from GSC, but it still requires a lot of walking in straight lines uninterrupted. If that doesn't do it then Ice Path might, and if not Ice Path then maybe Blue's Gym at the very end of Kanto will. Or he might just give us it from the start because it's like a Crystal redux, but I doubt that'll be the case.

Blue's gym in HGSS for those confused
30-gym.png

TPP wouldn't be TTP without trolls imo. Adds to the victory.

And why is the streamer bringing back demo for HG/SS? It seems like a game can be beaten just fine without it based on Platinum. It's even lessened the anarchy vs democracy spam the chat devolves to and people have focused more on actually playing and working together.

Also wouldn't be TPP without the first P :p

Adding to the victory part is completely true though
Anarchy vs democracy for the most part has been gone since Red. I actually somewhat miss the constant voting, weird as that is

Haha I can't believe I missed that

What ever happened to the stuff going around that Nintendo could step in once the games got to DS gen?

I think they might be able to with B/W and probably on B2W2, as those games (not sure about BW) are still on store shelves, which means Nintendo can still profit from them

The Life and Wiles of Brendan T. Birch- Part 3: Rough Waters by Everyle

Part 1
Part 2

Not my favorite series of TPP comics, but still pretty great
My favorite Brendan one by far is when he's watching A fish near Kyogre and Groudon, dont know where that is though

Crap, I just refreshed the main page to see the news and understand the jokes

Damnitt google, I like using my username for stuff

EDIT: Wait, Bill said he was only sending Zigzagoon to do this because he had things to prepare for HGSS
Now we know what he meant..

Crayolan

Azelf fight 1:
Xa4LhWg.jpg

Azelf fight 2:
leave_azelf_behind_by_mimigrape-d7ito22.png

I like how all our encounters with the pixie trio were quite unique. Dissapointed we didn't catch Azelf though, I'm confident we could've done it if assholes weren't spamming run.

So I googled these names and...

Good job
Should've done something like search "Unova gym leaders" or search them on serebii or something other than google images

B2W2 is likely impossible as of now as iirc Nintendo is still selling those two and making some money off of it

To be safe the streamer can play the game cube Pokemon games instead.

please :(

Hey it would mean more dance riots

PASTA, Abu Dahbi, ahaha

GOATs, both of them

woen

Hahaha perfect gif

Good job
Should've done something like search "Unova gym leaders" or search them on serebii or something other than google images

B2W2 is likely impossible as of now as iirc Nintendo is still selling those two and making some money off of it

I didn't know they were gym leaders !

The streamer talked about his plans after HGSS ?
It could increase the sells of BW2 btw, it's pretty good advertising for Nintendo (at a small scale)

Best part of B/W and B2/W2 is that Cynthia is in the post game of both of them! That should be a goal after beating the E4/Champ if we ever do Gen 5

Best part of B/W and B2/W2 is that Cynthia is in the post game of both of them! That should be a goal after beating the E4/Champ if we ever do Gen 5

And she has a DOUBLE TEAMING BULKY SPIRIT TOMB
WTF

Actually, that Spiritomb helped me a bunch once I had a method to defeat her with my underpowered team

Just spam Quiver Dance on my Volcarona and sweep
Problem was Spiritomb doubleteam'ed alongside me, so he took a VERY long time
After him was a clean sweep though

Besides, BW2 has the entire Pokemon World Tournament, would be so many hype fights
Even more if streamer somehow managed to get TPPRed's team in again

"Hey guys, is everyone level 100 yet?
OK let's do this!"
*fails 20 times anyway*

:p

Oh, and we also get Ghetsis's Hydreigon

That stupid STUPID Hydreigon
And Lenora without a rock or fighting type? No chance, Herdier or Watchdog have retaliate to screw us over with

AND, streamer could possibly set it up such that chat will decide which version to choose and as such has a 25% chance for easy and hard mode each in BW2

All of them are bad, Unova's starters are shit tier.

Edit: Great artwork. Hopefully he does evolves, because he is getting useless. Goldbat seems to be having fun being along for the ride.

All of them are bad, Unova's starters are shit tier.

No, definitely not the oshawott line
Oshawott is high tier, although not god tier

EDIT: Just read Napoleon has 700+ pokemon in the pc
If so then DAMN

Well that comment was off
Still, for someone who supposedly hates (read: "hated") Pokemon, Napoleon sure has a bunch of them

Well with YouTube and how Nintendo is about let's plays. This may be one of our latest. =(

I wouldn't be ready for it
I would never be ready for that

TPP is life
Hope buyout is stalled by something, maybe government might get its shit together on anti monopoly laws or something

No matter who owns it, Twitch will go to bat to keep the streams up. Because they have to; it's their whole business. Otherwise YouTube paid a billion dollars for nothing.

See, Im pretty sure a bunch of channels will be safe because of that
TPP, especially after it stopped being so huge and therefore a large concern of Twitch's, Im not nearly as sure about

Well judging by this run, by the time the buyout is done, we will still trying to beat Cynthia.

We have being hyping Cynthia so much, that I'm scared that we beat her on the second try.

Well judging by this run, by the time the buyout is done, we will still trying to beat Cynthia.

We have being hyping Cynthia so much, that I'm scared that we beat her on the second try.

We do have our bronzongers, which can wreck her Garchompfor the most part, alongside possibly Roserade outside of Sleep Powder, and iirc maybe Togekiss and probably Lucario

PBalfredo

Thats the thing about Cynthia, her team is stupidly well balanced and covers a lot of areas.

Which is bad for use because our normal Pokemon League "strategy" is to throw a mon into the ring and hope they can sweep.

But we're not addressing the real question regarding Cynthia:

What the hell are those things in her hair suppose to be?

Which is bad for use because our normal Pokemon League "strategy" is to throw a mon into the ring and hope they can sweep.

Grenades she stores in her hair
Nunchuks
Clubs
The handles of 4 guns

Idk

Well I can go into my long theory on how her whole appearance/persona takes from her various pokemon. (Her hair pieces being elements from her Lucario)

Top Bottom