• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Platinum: Twitch Develops a Gambling Addiction

PBalfredo

Nooooo TEH URNNNNN

Edit: YESSSS

Time for NAPOLEON VS RON MCDONALD

I wouldn't be counting on any of these to be THE URN until we get to the point that we can make it to Cynthia regularly. It's not like we're going to beat her the first time.

Nothing new there. People are too scared of the PC and willing to take a deadweight than accidentally box the whole team. Especially with 200+ pokemon in the PC, just refinding them would be impossible.

It's the smart move, since the potential downside far outweighs the benefits. We have four viable team members right now which is pretty good by TPP standards. When Flareon gets to level 100 it might be worth it to cycle Golbat into the top slot so he can level off bugs and hopefully evolve.

Shinx either evolve or get out. You are too immature bro, Flareon is rolling with Bieberel now, the voices don't like you either. Evolve or GTFO!!

Man, if only you had your old avatar, that would've been a perfect time for an avatar quote

All the sunshine hating is annoying me. She's our sunshine, let it be, we've had 1-2 useless pokemon every run except maybe Radomizer Kanto-2

Crayolan

I wonder how much money the guy who does these has made.

Very few people in the chat are subscribers and the streamer doesn't run ads (aside from the standard twitch ad you get when you enter any stream), so I'm guessing he doesn't make much anymore. During Red and even Crystal though, I'm sure he was making bank with 50-100k viewers for 2 weeks straight followed by 10-30k viewers for the next 2 weeks.

PBalfredo

Man, if only you had your old avatar, that would've been a perfect time for an avatar quote

All the sunshine hating is annoying me. She's our sunshine, let it be, we've had 1-2 useless pokemon every run except maybe Radomizer Kanto-2

Yeah our current party is pretty amazing if you compare it to our Emerald run which was also (mostly) anarchy-only. If we got instances of democracy like we did in Emerald we would evolve Shinx and Golbat and our team would be pretty damn good.

Very few people in the chat are subscribers and the streamer doesn't run ads (aside from the standard twitch ad you get when you enter any stream), so I'm guessing he doesn't make much anymore. During Red and even Crystal though, I'm sure he was making bank with 50-100k viewers for 2 weeks straight followed by 10-30k viewers for the next 2 weeks.

I remember when he was trying to talk to stop the chat to get a message through around the time democracy-anarchy was implemented, he made the chat subscriber only for a while, and people immediately subscribed

ko28VFb.png

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans- Communication Breakdown: by ZetsutheFirst

Yeah our current party is pretty amazing if you compare it to our Emerald run which was also (mostly) anarchy-only. If we got instances of democracy like we did in Emerald we would evolve Shinx and Golbat and our team would be pretty damn good.

Yeah our team is pretty solid, we need to evolve both Golbat and Shinx. But our biggest enemy is us. We made bad decisions so it's going to be very though against a no nonsense trainer like Cynthia. Who also has a milotic. Which like Geodude keeps being our nemesis in the games.

PBalfredo

Infernape is sweeping our team

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ FORGIVE US CHIMCHAR ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Espada

Infernape is sweeping our team

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ FORGIVE US CHIMCHAR ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Someone drew a picture waaaay back that showed Chimchar walking away after being released and then facing Napoleon during the Flint battle.

I really wonder if TPP will be able to beat Cynthia in 4 days.

Palmer is Cynthia on steroids. But there's no way we even come close to challenge him LOL.

Yeah, definitely not
Maybe if we have post game we will try battle frontier
Who am I kidding, all we'll do is buy a condo with our gambling money and sped the rest of our time fishing for level 100 gold Magikarp and having disco dance riots like its 10 pm

I like that he seemed very well put together even with the voices. The antithesis of A who chose the voices for herself and almost lost her mind in the process.

I like that he seemed very well put together even with the voices. The antithesis of A who chose the voices for herself and almost lost her mind in the process.

Lots of art have shown the voices especially appearing whenever he hears anything about gambling, enhancing his feelings

Lol
Leonys2: Dear chat, to view and give commands for the conclusion of Twitch Plays Pokemon Platinum, please login using Google+

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CYNTHIA BOUGHT OUT GOOGLE ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Crayolan

Not sure if I'm happy about the timer or not. On one hand, it'll make the next four days intense as hell and possibly make these E4 runs as great as Emerald (especially if someone evolves). On the other hand, people are dumb and will be calling to do stupid things which they think will speed up the E4 because they don't realize it's not a hard limit.

Yeah... I saw in the google doc, they are not beating her. Not in 4 days. Not in 4 weeks.

Oh we'll beat her. I have no idea how, but we'll do it! Probably not in 4 days though. The first 2 days will probably just be us training up Flareon and Bibarel using our current strategy, and then the next 2 days will be us trying to change our strategy and train up the other team members.

Napoleon is honestly my favorite TPP protagonist so far, he has such a distinct character. Not to say that others haven't, though his is definitely the best explored in the art and lore so far. Plus he's actually had character development, unlike most other TPP protags.

Edit: Wow, stream comes back online to Flareon doing a perfect sweep of Aaron. Hopefully these will become the norm as he continues to get closer to 100.

I actually don't know much about Napoleon, Even with all the Art Hyper brings. He used to hate Pokemon, and slowly learned to like them again right?

Man this E4 is tough. Golem with Thunder punch, Magmotar with Thunderbolt, Rhyperior with Megahorrn. They cover their weaknesses pretty well.

I actually don't know much about Napoleon, Even with all the Art Hyper brings. He used to hate Pokemon, and slowly learned to like them again right?

He also LOVES gambling, chose to show his development by giving Uxie a doll, had that whole backstory from the "My Name is" comics, etc.

He's also not insane or weird in some way for once. Somewhat tired of that plotline, Alice was actually a nice break too with her researcher stuff, but I felt we didnt see much development besides that after she became Bill's daughter

Top Bottom