• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TxK |OT| Feel Cosmic All the Time (aka next-gen Tempest 2000 on Vita)

I broke right on through my previous Pure high score on the exercise bike last night... now ranked 103 in the world! This is my GOTY so far.

Shaneus

So what happened to the PS4 version of this? I need some serious console TxK.
No idea. I tried tweeting Jeff a few months back and never heard anything, only things I tend to read about further development are regarding things he's working on for Oculus (and not necessarily TxK).

Shaneus

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD
pzRr4Rr.png

Edit: Oh, this is a great article and proof that Eurogamer hasn't quite entirely gone to shit just yet.

Shaneus

Couldn't see any mention of a PS4 version on his Twitter, dating back at least a month or two. I'd say developing a PS4 version is more akin to getting a PC version out than just "porting" the Vita one, so they'd likely be seen around the same time (not unlike the PC/PS4 versions of OlliOlli, which coincidentally came out around the same time as TxK on the Vita).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Couldn't see any mention of a PS4 version on his Twitter, dating back at least a month or two. I'd say developing a PS4 version is more akin to getting a PC version out than just "porting" the Vita one, so they'd likely be seen around the same time (not unlike the PC/PS4 versions of OlliOlli, which coincidentally came out around the same time as TxK on the Vita).
Take my money, please.

Shaneus

Take my money, please.
I almost wouldn't be surprised if it comes out exactly a year after it appeared on Vita. If it's this close to the anniversary, maybe Jeff will hold off a few more weeks and make a big deal out of it. I think it came out Feb 2014, so fingers crossed we'll see it soon.

This is all pure speculation though, don't get your hopes up too much just yet!

Duster

Two questions:

Now I'm better at the game I feel the need to work on my high-scores but one go can last a while, are you able to suspend a game and pick it up later and still have your score uploaded or is like Spelunky where if you disconnect it doesn't count.

Any Minter games worth playing on Android phones without sound? The audio in so integral to the TxK experience I doubt his other games are worth playing without it.
If not I may still occasionally play one with sound, is there any consensus on which is best (using touch screen not buttons)?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Two questions:

Now I'm better at the game I feel the need to work on my high-scores but one go can last a while, are you able to suspend a game and pick it up later and still have your score uploaded or is like Spelunky where if you disconnect it doesn't count.

Any Minter games worth playing on Android phones without sound? The audio in so integral to the TxK experience I doubt his other games are worth playing without it.
If not I may still occasionally play one with sound, is there any consensus on which is best (using touch screen not buttons)?

As far as I know you can. Sorry that's not much help. I've never had a problem.

I'm not sure about Android phones. I did enjoy Minotaur Rescue on the iPhone and that didn't need sound.

Duster

Cheers, I have tried to beat my score but came up short so couldn't check.
Turns out stopping a session right before the level called Electric Bill isn't a good idea as I lost most of my lives on it. I guess I'll have to work out the best places to stop playing.

Skyzard

Banned
TBH I was kinda surprised it didn't happen sooner. Sucks to have all that time wasted and an Oculus version too! :( . Really glad we at least got the Vita version.

jvm

Gamasutra.
TBH I was kinda surprised it didn't happen sooner. Sucks to have all that time wasted and an Oculus version too! :( . Really glad we at least got the Vita version.
The real question is whether it's going to be pulled from the store. Let's hope not.

Another question: Is he prevented from renaming/rebranding?

Agent X

I posted this information in another thread here earlier today, but thought it might be worth mentioning in the official TxK thread.

Although Atari has made efforts to block the release of TxK on other platforms in the future, it looks like there might be a glimmer of hope for those versions to come out after all.

First, take a look at the following post from AtariAge forums from October 10:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/221243-minter-txk-t2k-and-stuff/?p=3341445

Two things :-
- The good news is that the game looks damn good. Its a shame the lights couldn't have been dimmed for the presentation.
- The even better news is that he announced that the relationship with Atari has thawed and a release could now be possible.

Around that same time, Jeff Minter posted on Twitter a photo of a demo of the PS4 version in 3D.

https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/status/652530851352289281

Here's another more recent tweet from November 19. Expand the conversation, and note the references to VR.

https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/status/667386374354575362

i-Jest

I posted this information in another thread here earlier today, but thought it might be worth mentioning in the official TxK thread.

Although Atari has made efforts to block the release of TxK on other platforms in the future, it looks like there might be a glimmer of hope for those versions to come out after all.

First, take a look at the following post from AtariAge forums from October 10:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/221...uff/?p=3341445

Around that same time, Jeff Minter posted on Twitter a photo of a demo of the PS4 version in 3D.

https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/sta...30851352289281

Here's another more recent tweet from November 19. Expand the conversation, and note the references to VR.

https://twitter.com/llamasoft_ox/sta...86374354575362

Good stuff indeed.

Top Bottom