• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 2017 - Lineup Reveal Trailer

UrbanRats

Too bad, i thought Aisha Tyler did a good jobs.
Some shitty jokes here and there weren't really her fault, as she's not writing these things.

dex3108

So the statement that it has been "officially confirmed" is, as I said, not true at all.

I do think it will be out this year, but it has not been officially confirmed.

Ubisoft so far only has South Park for fall season so it is everything but officially confirmed that AC will be out this fall season. Ubisoft never had only one game for fall. They already moved Far Cry to end of February 2018. They won't move AC too.

My guess AC Origins is November release, The Crew 2 is December release.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ubisoft so far only has South Park for fall season so it is everything but officially confirmed that AC will be out this fall season. Ubisoft never had only one game for fall. They already moved Far Cry to end of February 2018. They won't move AC too.

My guess AC Origins is November release, The Crew 2 is December release.

Yeah, an October release isn't going to be Ubi's big Q4 game. There'll be something for November and AssCreed is the safest bet on account of it being Ubi's biggest franchise and, judging from the fact that GameStop is now selling t-shirts, slated to release in the relatively near future.

mishakoz

Aisha was great, kept the ball rolling smoothly for the entire conference which isn't easy to do. She will be missed, hopefully she's just busy this year and will be back but I doubt it :(

ZeoVGM

Banned
Super disappointed that Aisha isn't doing it this year. Happy to see all the love for her in this thread though.

(Seriously, Ubi, developers never speak well at these things. Please don't do this.)

Aisha was great. Managed to have fun without being annoying (see: Jamie Kennedy that one time for Activision, I think)

Otherwise it's a bunch of guys with very strong accents who are perhaps not ideal spruikers of their wares at an event held in English. They should just speak their now language like the Japanese devs and we then can have bored translator memes again.

No Aisha this year huh?

90a.gif

giphy.gif

Cool trailer for sure. The iconic part is cool too. Seeing this trailer you'd think Ubi really isn't in any trouble at all.

So new IP. Can't really be a new Splinter Cell then huh?

Surprised about all the Aisha praise here. I didn't like her at all and actually thought she was annoying more often than not.

Ramenman

Have you somehow missed the Mario and Rabbids thing? Or South Park?

Or the fact that their most successful game recently is The Division.
And that any and every of their recent AAA games features XP, crafting, purchaseable skills (sometimes in a clumsy and limitative way).
And that they claim everywhere that they want to "battle for player's time" and have you "spend hundreds of hours" in their games.
And that even when they make a *racing game* it's actually an RPG with XP and loot and parts quality and rarity (The Crew).

We'll see how AC Origins is looking, but if it's not already the case with that one, every single thing about Ubisoft right now indicates that in a few years from now, every single AAA game they do will be an RPG, wether you want it or not : D (except if it's an e-sports oriented multiplayer game like FH or R6).

Anyone thinking BGE2 will be a story driven action-adventure game is sorely deluded I think.

Blam

I agree. Although it may not last long since another company is gobbling up their stocks.

Yeah #FuckVivendi. I'm sure they are trying to prolong it as much as they can by throwing out all of the good products, etc and throwing their stocks up in price so Vivendi can't buy it as fast?

Top Bottom