• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft polls public on future Far Cry settings (Peru, Alaska, Western, Dino...)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-05-ubisoft-polls-public-on-future-far-cry-settings

Ubisoft appears to be considering both of these options - and several others - according to a recent survey that polled Far Cry fans on where a future game should be set.

The questionnaire was sent out to a number of Far Cry 4 players over the past few weeks, a trio of whom then contacted Eurogamer.

The poll mentions potential real-world locations such as Peru and Alaska, plus historical settings such as the Vietnam War and a Spaghetti Western-style tale in late 19th Century America (Far Cry meets Red Dead!).

Even more outlandish are ideas for "a Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires", or alternatively "a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic world", or even "a Far Cry game set in the modern day on a Jurassic Park-style island with dinosaurs".

And of course there's also the option for a Far Cry with zombies.

Peru, Alaska, Vietnam War (I would love Blood Dragon 3: Vietnam War 2 game), Western, Vampires, Mad Max Post Apo, Jurrassic Park Island, Zombies... They are shooting all out

More at the link.

Sync my tower if old

An island with dinosaurs? yes please.
Apocolyptic setting? yes please.
Spaghetti western with Good, the Bad, and the Ugly influence? yes please.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
If they're just going to clone Far Cry 3 again, then at least have an interesting setting.

Dinosaurs, please.

DVD88

Neo Member
Alaska sounds kinda cool. But God damn it has to be the dinosaur one.I want to craft a t-rex wallet.

iNvid02

i want to glide alongside pterodactyls in my wingsuit and ride a brontosaurus

is that too much to ask?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There is a Jurassic Park movie coming soon. You telling me that them just switching out the Cassowaries for Raptors and upping their aggressiveness would be an AWESOME companion game?

FHIZ

I'd be fine with Dinos or Max Max style (although, I'd hope for environments that were colored something other than brown). I think Far Cry should just transition into something ridiculous instead of trying to tell serious stories like the last two games, which just don't work in my opinion.

CHC

I feel like when you're polling people on where the game takes place it just speaks to a lack of creative vision. If their formula is so generic it can be applied to literally any setting, then what's the difference?

Far Cry 5 on Jurrasic Park island is so easy to make for ubi : just copy paste FC3 and 4, instead of riding elephant, ride triceratops.

Then make FarCry 5 Blood Dragon : Vietnam War 2 with the neon on the dino models. Free money ubi.

I feel like when you're polling people on where the game takes place it just speaks to a lack of creative vision. If their formula is so generic it can be applied to literally any setting, then what's the difference?

True ! It shows they have no precise focus, they can go anywhere because the formula is so generic now. You just need great outdoors and wild life. Create a new map, swap animal furs and make new trees

Alaska would be a nice locale, peru isn't bad either... Although a full on blood dragon style game would be the bees knees!

SeanTSC

I'd be fine with Dinos or Max Max style (although, I'd hope for environments that were colored something other than brown). I think Far Cry should just transition into something ridiculous instead of trying to tell serious stories like the last two games, which just don't work in my opinion.

Agreed. FC4's story was freaking atrocious, especially the ending(s). They should have just flipped the script and made you team up with Pagan Min for the whole game. He's less of a piece of shit than the two you were forced to work for in the end anyways.

So just Blood Dragon it up and go nuts or crazy or fun or just totally change things up (like being the "bad" guy with Min).

strafer

Imagine at night you're just chilling by your car in the jungle..suddenly

tumblr_m88tsfzGVG1qcb58yo3_500.gif

and then you be all like

tumblr_mpjc4jvph01s0teago2_400.gif

and BOOM

tumblr_mpjc4jvph01s0teago5_400.gif

spanks

DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO DINO

This could fill the gap that Turok left.

Post apoc would be cool too. The way Fallout 4 is going, they just might beat Bethesda to the punch.

xHiryu

Could totally see Far Cry 4: Blood Dragon being able to let you ride the blood dragons ala the elephants in the main game, that would be dope as fuck.

Vietnam or Peru would have been cool, but with Far Cry 3 already having an open-world jungle to explore, I'd rather not.

Although these all sound really fun:

Far Cry: Blood Dragon 2
Far Cry: Jurassic Park
Far Cry: Alaska
Far Cry: Mad Max
Sci-Fi Far Cry
Western Far Cry

CHC

True ! It shows they have no precise idea, they can go anywhere because the formula is so generic now. You just need great outdoors and wild life. Create a new map, swap animal furs and make new trees

Totally. That said, the formula is fine (I guess) if you only play one of these games a year or something, but I still feel like polling the community on something as major as setting is kind of.... wrong.

I'll be in day one if they give me dinosaurs or Vietnam. I would've said Western, but after Call of Juarez: Gunslinger I don't think it would be as good.

Definitely need another Blood Dragon. That's still the best FarCry game I've ever played.

Top Bottom