• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft polls public on future Far Cry settings (Peru, Alaska, Western, Dino...)

Javin98

Banned
Imagine at night you're just chilling by your car in the jungle..suddenly

tumblr_m88tsfzGVG1qcb58yo3_500.gif

and then you be all like

tumblr_mpjc4jvph01s0teago2_400.gif

and BOOM

tumblr_mpjc4jvph01s0teago5_400.gif
LOL, or imagine pointing your sniper rifle at a Stegosaurus, then suddenly a Velociraptor pops out of the bushes and growls.
And you're like "Clever girl!"
Before you can turn, BOOM! You're dead!

Dinosaurs with lasers k thx.

Instead if towers, climb brachiosaurus , instead if hunting honey badgers, hunt raptors. Instead of outposts, capture dinosaurs nests . Instead if a gyrocopter, fly pteradactyl .

cheezcake

Peru. It's an awesome region, unique landscape and has interesting mythology/wildlife. I can't think of anything that could be more possibly boring than Far Cry in a western setting. Dinosaurs would be a cool standalone like blood dragon, but eh as a main title.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I hope in ends up in a place with no towers.

I'd be fine with Dinos or Max Max style (although, I'd hope for environments that were colored something other than brown). I think Far Cry should just transition into something ridiculous instead of trying to tell serious stories like the last two games, which just don't work in my opinion.
Something evidenced by Blood Dragon being a phenomenal fucking game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh, and instead of carving stupid tattoos into your skin like a boot at his first duty station, you can like, hunt down dinos to get totem items from them to unlock new powers. Glide like a motherfucking Pterodactyl. Run with the swiftness of a Utahraptor. Smash shit down like a pissed of Stegosauraus or one of those dome-headed mothertruckers I can't remember the name of. Swim like the majestic Plesiosaurus.

Okay, let's go Kickstart this summbitch

Alienous

Ah fuck, another series goes the way of Saints Row.

I guess some people enjoy that tomfoolery. Blood Dragon wasn't terrible, I suppose.

Enco

I hope in ends up in a place with no towers.
It's going to be exactly the same game as FC3 and FC4, but with a different map.

Some type of missions. Some type of areas. Same type of goals/collectibles etc.

Ubi will always Ubi.

delSai

I'd like a Western Setting, Dinos sounds more like a Far Cry Spin Off (Blood Dinosaurs anyone?). Something cold and snowy would also kick ass.

Jurassic Far Cry seems like a logical step.

Keep the lush jungle stuff the series is known for but.... dinosaurs.

Franchise needs another reinvention. FC3 and 4 already felt too similar. Maybe its just that Ubisoft Open World Design starting to get old though

Alienous

It's going to be exactly the same game as FC3 and FC4, but with a different map.

Ubi will always Ubi.

Let the guys who designed Blood Dragon try their hand at a sequel. They seem to have some original ideas. They made a Far Cry game without towers, and with far more fortresses than Far Cry 4 (somehow).

Mazzo

Dinosaurs seem fun :D

I would love to explore an open world with a modern setting but with supernatural creatures everywhere, like the World of Darkness. Or maybe a cyberpunk world with a parallel virtual environment/augmented reality.

Amused

Post-apocalyptic dino-adventures. Secret dino-experiment, bombs dropped, dinos escaped.

It makes all the sense in the world.

Ubi will always Ubi.

Looking into it, FC can be annualized and be much more profitable than AC as it requires half the work.

leazo

Banned
I would love a Far Cry set in an Arctic Region, I hope they do not go for a jungle environment one as we already had that.

Lijik

Just roll em all up.
Dinosaur western ... with vampire cowboys ... in post-apocalyptic Mad Max-esque Alaska

I think what they do with the setting is more important than the setting itself. I found Far Cry 2 more engaging than Far Cry 3, and you could argue that 3 is a much more appealing setting and had more variety.

I'd even argue that Blood Dragon is the best Far Cry game yet because it had a fun aesthetic that complemented the gameplay and writing and had fun ideas and features to go along with them. Far Cry 4 outside of the easter egg endings just feels creatively bankrupt to me, I have zero interest in playing it.

In all seriousness, they need another remote location that is not typical for video games. We've had Africa, tropical islands and the Himalayas so far - maybe something like an abandoned city in Eastern Europe, an Arctic wilderness or a South American jungle. Then they can have another Blood Dragon-style spin off focusing on something wonderfully dumb like dinosaurs or zombies. Personally I'd like to see the next Blood Dragon be a satire on ridiculous monster and/or alien b-movies of the 1950s.

EDIT - when I say jungle, I mean a properly dense and vast jungle, not the crap that we usually get in videogames. The 'jungles' in Far Cry and FC Instincts were rubbish.

In all seriousness, they need another remote location that is not typical for video games. We've had Africa, tropical islands and the Himalayas so far - maybe something like an abandoned city in Eastern Europe, an Arctic wilderness or a South American jungle. Then they can have another Blood Dragon-style spin off focusing on something wonderfully dumb like dinosaurs or zombies. Personally I'd like to see the next Blood Dragon be a satire on ridiculous monster and/or alien b-movies of the 1950s.

As much as I would love dinosaurs, I agree save that as a blood dragon 2. I would love to see them take on a European setting, perhaps even a place like Chernobyl .

Top Bottom