• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft polls public on future Far Cry settings (Peru, Alaska, Western, Dino...)

Give them the Jurassic Park license and let them go nuts.

I rather not and it seems a bit pointless. You can easily have Dinosaurs without the license and i don't want Ubi to be shoehorned into having something or not having something because of a McDonalds toy promotional crossover. Besides we are getting Lego Jurassic Park which will do the license justice.

Dinosaurs + Far Cry? Hold on to your butts

j2wMUJd.gif

To me these questions just seem like "would you like Far Cry to imitate Turok, Call of Juarez or Fallout?"

I'd be happy enough with just a new setting, the wacky shit can be saved for DLC packs.

Damn they can't think of anything? We beg for Japanese era ass creed and don't give it to us, so why the fuck are they doing a poll?

My vote goes completely to a western setting; simply not enough games that tackle that particular setting/genre.

Dinosaurs; post apocalyptic; sci-fi; these are all very well tread (with perhaps the exception of dinosaurs) settings in videogames, and let's be honest, other developers will re-visit them again... and again... and again.

A western setting could mean hunting serves an actual purpose. It would also allow for first person horse riding; payday inspired robberies; payote trip alternate reality shenanigans; could even try and do something regards fps duels and nick some nemesis stuff from Shadow of Mordor. I also reckon a decent story could be crafted within that setting as well. Varied landscapes possible as well.

The other direction they could take which isn't mentioned is to try and outdo GTA and take it to the city and surrounding area, only make it you are an undercover cop. Guess that would be a big ask though and tone would be difficult to get right, along with a city-scape perhaps limiting the kind of nonsense one could get up to.

First post on GAF, so go easy folks :)

Its kind of funny that they mentioned the dinosaur one.

My friend and I were playing co op and figuring out silly ways to take out rhinos. And at one point I was in the back of a pickup truck while my friend was driving, and a rhino was chasing us and I kept saying "must go faster, must go faster!"

We even mentioned that night that they should just go full on dinosaur park and make it a real Turok dinosaur hunter game :p

Western, mad max, and dinosaurs are the only acceptable answers here.

there you go - a western with dinosaurs...now that shit right there is something that i can get into

they should create a new type of enemy other then zombies

maybe outlaw pack of werewolves...factions of old school horror groups like WARRIOR movie lol

Far Cry with Dinosaurs please!

I love the wildlife in FC4, and having animals on an even bigger scale than Elephants just roaming around sounds sweet.

Like, it's pretty opposed to the more realistic side of the series, but even as a Blood Dragon style standalone game, it sounds cool.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I feel like when you're polling people on where the game takes place it just speaks to a lack of creative vision. If their formula is so generic it can be applied to literally any setting, then what's the difference?

Yeah, have to agree with this comment. I'm playing FC4 right now and it's FC3 with a thick and shiny coat of polish. The fact that FC4 does almost nothing new and the protagonist is practically mute (we really never hear him react to what is going on) is really making it a struggle to get through the game. At least FC3 had a somewhat fresh approach to FC (although cribbed heavily from Ubi's other "open world" games). FC4 is basically FC3 set in the Himalayas with a slightly nicer protagonist (although I actually found Jason Brody's descent into madness in FC3 to be more interesting, honestly).

FC5 will actually have to do something new for me to pick it up day one.

Yes, Far Cry with Mad Max Post Apocalyptic scenario would be awesome.

I think Dinosaurs would make Far Cry sounds way too much like Turok. Hell, if people are so crazy about a dinosaur game, why don't ask for a new Turok game?

I saw this poll a few weeks ago on another site but I didn't want to make a thread because it was the only site that reported it and I didn't know the site.

however, many of those sound awesome. But dinosaurs please. Or wild west.

Vietnam is the one that interests me the most. Crawling through the jungle trying to evade the enemy as an entire battle goes on around you? Just imagine it.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
A westeb with horse riding and proper guns for the time qould be great, or give me feudal japan, emperor goes crazy etc. also would make for a alot of cool unique weapons for the time period

TimmiT

Quite a few of these actually sound like pretty nice ideas. I really hope that those who got the survey didn't just choose for the ideas that would be more of the same.

JayEH

No real interest in Peru since I feel it will feel similar to 4. Alaska could be cool.

The more fantastical elements would be nice but I feel Ubisoft likes to shy away from that stuff for the most part.

Roshin

If you're going nuts, then go really nuts and mash a couple of genres together. Dinosaurs, zombos, vikings, cowboys, ninjas, in a space opera setting.

Think big, Ubi, think big.

imBask

Banned
next step they'll ask us to submit concept art and texture packs so that they have to work even less on Far Cry 5 themselves!

Top Bottom