• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft will make a surprise - Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I hope Spies vs. Mercs returns. It make no sense that they removed the multiplayer from SC in a time when every game has multiplayer. Also, surely they heard all the complaints from the fans when they only had co-op in Conviction.

gdt

Enjoyed the shit out of Conviction. Mostly bored by the first three. I finished the first two, couldn't make it through Chaos Theory. Quit at the Japanese estate level.

Foffy

Banned
At least this time I will be prepared for the bludgeoning Ubi will perform on Splinter Cell's corpse. Conviction was entertaining as long as you pretend it's a 24 game.

Ubi has tarnished the entire Clancy brand with the last number of games. Seriously, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, and Ghost Recon have all fallen down various slopes (to different degrees) but there seems to be no incentive to rise back up.

It's amazing because last gen the Clancy games were my go-to games when I wanted some military games. Now I tend to not even care for whatever the hell they spit out.

plastic surgery done in Hollywood

Lsmcb.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vboPL127AU8

def sim

Double Agent bums me out because the OG Xbox version was apparently the better game compared to the HD version. What a piss poor decision that was.

Conviction was my first Splinter Cell game. It wasn't great, but I enjoyed it. Conviction kinda felt like a poor mans Batman: AA with guns. I'm interested in a sequel, but I won't buy it day one.

Lakitu

st5fu
They better have improved the 'stealth' mechanics from Conviction tenfold and make it more like the originals in terms of tone.

Conviction was terrible and everybody who says "No Nibel, you are wrong altough you smell good" hasn't played the previous installments - or, to be specifically: Chaos Theory. That game was god-tier in my opinion.

Having not played chaos theory.... who are you to say that I will enjoy that game more than I enjoyed conviction? can you guarantee that?

ohhhh god yes! I need me some more Sam Fisher. I wish Lambert was still around =(

Edit: AWWW YEA! Full Member now! only took me 4 years!
Edit 2: OVER 4 years =(

Even though CT will always be my favorite, I'm most excited to see what will be done on the Wii U controller with this game, perfect game to make the new controller useful.

Raide

Even though CT will always be my favorite, I'm most excited to see what will be done on the Wii U controller with this game, perfect game to make the new controller useful.

Hold up controller for the various vision modes. Will have a heart-rate monitor on there and maybe even light/shadow and sound sensors. Probably.

spanks

Give me Spies V.S. Mercs local play: PAC Man V.S. style on Wii-U and I am there day one.

Oh shit, you just reminded me about the Splinter Cell Gamecube/GBA connectivity (radar, sticky cam, etc). Ubi loves messing with gadgets. Plus, like you said, the tablet is perfect for asymmetrical multiplayer. Wii U confirmed for best version.

Sojgat

The sequel to conviction? Yeah fuck no thanks

Pretty much this. Unless Ubi change the gameplay back to something resembling Chaos Theory I just don't care anymore. The best thing to come out of Splinter Cell: Conviction was it's launch trailer.

But can you play upthe shoootbang with friendsd, or will the baaasheep forget the tearstime?

ibeJuAv4Gel5Ub.gif

I really liked Conviction. I thought it was a great game in its own right. I also loved the first three games and really liked Double Agent.

Hope Ubi has found a way to incorporate more of what made CT great into what made Conviction great.

ArjanN

Sequel to Conviction doesn't tell us anything about the game mechanics. It's could be a sequel to conviction and play exactly like Chaos Theory or exactly like Conviction.

I'm guessing they'll dial up the stealth elements a bit more compared to Conviction.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
If you loved Resident Evil 4 and hated Conviction then you're a hypocrite.

Both good games that weren't right for their franchise. As someone who greatly enjoyed Conviction though, I'm happy to get more of it.

I really liked Conviction, but it wasn't what I wanted out of a Splinter Cell game. Chaos Theory is still the pinnacle.

Honestly, they should just get a hold of the Bourne license and put Conviction's style to work there.

Tuck

I hope it isn't 360 exclusive I wanted to play conviction but I don't have an Xbox.

Haven't played a stealth game since MGS4 =(.

Jtrizzy

Isn't this being done by a different team than Conviction? I thought this was a new team with Jade in charge. Conviction had some ok ideas, but they need to find a middle ground between it and Chaos Theory. They also need to do a better job optimizing on PC.

Top Bottom