• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Udemy courses on sale for $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

alejob

So the courses are on sale for a few more hours at 15 bucks. Is this for real or are they normally this price?

ENDMARCH10 is another 10 buck coupon code, if anyone is interested.

I picked up the Web Developer Bootcamp and SQL Bootcamp courses today. Hoping to start some freelance or even use these skills open up new career paths.

Minamu

I ended up buying two new courses today for 10 each :lol I've been having a great time with Ben Tristem's Unity and Unreal courses so I figured, why not get two more of his courses, this time in how to use Blender and How to get a game dev job. They seemed highly recommended and hey, it's just 10 bucks.

Bumping this - they have another $10 sale. Most courses should be $10 as-is, but if not, try code LEARNFEST to get it down to $10. I bought a course last fall at $10 and haven't gotten to far into it yet, but it seemed nice so far. Might pick up another course soon for $10.

Red

How does this compare to paid mini degree programs like those from Udacity or EdX? I've always been wary of Udemy. It seems like a paid wiki, since contributors aren't always attached to a university or organization.

Violet_0

Banned
thanks for the bump, going for the Unreal 4 and Blender courses as well. Any particular recommendations? How long does this offer last?

I'm an EE major.

Looking at Matlab (which I am already decent at), Python (no experience), C and C++ courses.

Anything else to recommend or any specific courses I should take for the above?

Also is SQL even useful to non-data people?

Which Unity course is the best bang for the buck? The one by Ben Tristem?

I have the Unreal C++ one and although I haven't had time to start it yet, it looks very in-depth with some great example projects.

I'm constantly getting pings on my phone about these sales. I'm not sure if they are just generous or their courses aren't very good and not selling?

Looking to get into the WordPress development space (i.e. Designing WordPress based sites for clients) and Social Media strategizing / marketing; any recommended courses?

alternade

For someone who has never coded in their life but would maybe like to have a budding IT career in their back pocket, what classes would you recommend? Also do they expire if i buy a bunch while on sale?

Two Words

I am starting a web development internship in a little under 2 weeks and I have 0 web development experience. Do you think the web development course would be a good way to get up to speed a bit before the start of my internship? I don't expect to complete the course in that time.

gabbo

I am starting a web development internship in a little under 2 weeks and I have 0 web development experience. Do you think the web development course would be a good way to get up to speed a bit before the start of my internship? I don't expect to complete the course in that time.

The web development bootcamp might help, depending on what languages/frameworks you're going to be using in your internship

I ended up buying two new courses today for 10 each :lol I've been having a great time with Ben Tristem's Unity and Unreal courses so I figured, why not get two more of his courses, this time in how to use Blender and How to get a game dev job. They seemed highly recommended and hey, it's just 10 bucks.

How is that Blender course going? do you have a link?

Minamu

Here's the link: https://www.udemy.com/blendertutorial/

I haven't actually tried the course yet. I installed the program on my laptop but it was way too ancient and wouldn't even load the program at all, something about not having the 3d capabilities o_O Although Unity works perfectly :lol I haven't had the time to try it on my stationary yet, it's pretty low among my priorities, sorry :) The reputation is great though afaik.

Edit: Same as oxrock's above :)

Violet_0

Banned

I took a quick look at the course I bought, "Learn 3D Modelling - The Complete Blender Creator Course". It seems quite comprehensive and is likely a good place to start

keep in mind that there are lots of quality, free Blender tutorials as well
https://www.blender.org/support/tutorials/

tbh I'm not sure if the Udemy course(s) contain anything that you can't also learn from free tutorials and youtube, heh. But at $10 you definitely get your money's worth out of it

Thanks for the responses. It does seem great for 10$, I already know some basic hard-surface modelling in blender but the course seems to be more in-depth and I also find following a learning flow instead of learning specific stuff here and there works better for me. I also like Ben as and instructor from other courses.

Minamu

Thanks for the responses. It does seem great for 10$, I already know some basic hard-surface modelling in blender but the course seems to be more in-depth and I also find following a learning flow instead of learning specific stuff here and there works better for me. I also like Ben as and instructor from other courses.
Sounds like a no-brainer to me :) I had the same reasoning for buying it, pretty much. You'll likely never notice those 10$ are missing, yeah?

I took a quick look at the course I bought, "Learn 3D Modelling - The Complete Blender Creator Course". It seems quite comprehensive and is likely a good place to start

keep in mind that there are lots of quality, free Blender tutorials as well
https://www.blender.org/support/tutorials/

tbh I'm not sure if the Udemy course(s) contain anything that you can't also learn from free tutorials and youtube, heh. But at $10 you definitely get your money's worth out of it

I think the structure is valuable. When confronted by a sea of options, with no clear indicator of importance, or guidance, it can be hard to know where to start.

Picked up Blender tutorial on you guys' recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom