• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Udemy courses on sale for $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
Last call to pick up any courses you're interested in before the sale ends in a few hours. I don't know when the next sale will come around but I'll probably be at least a few months. Don't forget to use the codes in the OP to save more money.

Laieon

I've been slowly working my way through the Web Developer 2.0 Course, decided to pick up the Bootcamp one as well. Bootcamp sounds a lot more in depth. I'll probably work my way through both of them, reiteration is never a bad thing.

Going back and forth on picking up "The Ultimate Drawing Course". Has anyone tried it?

LogicStep

Last call to pick up any courses you're interested in before the sale ends in a few hours. I don't know when the next sale will come around but I'll probably be at least a few months. Don't forget to use the codes in the OP to save more money.
Still a day and 14 hours left.

Pau

I wish I could do these for a month or two as if I were a full time student. I ended up getting the Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp. Was debating between R and Python. I've already done some machine learning stuff in R so I figured I could see how it's done in Python and then continue with the language I felt more comfortable in.

Jhoan

Anyone want to recommend a graphic design course? I'm more interested in Illustrator and InDesign than anything else but it would be cool to learn something that I didn't already know in Photoshop. I'm also looking at a Perspective drawing class. I added in the Web Design Bootcamp since I did in in undergrad but I didn't feel like I learned at a good pace.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Got a few courses, specifically Python, R, and SQL. How long of studying these languages would you say is sufficient enough to list them as proficient on my resume? At what point can I consider them viable skills for a job?

Anyone interested in data science (including ML or DA) should just use Datacamp to get started, especially if you're not familiar with R or Python. Udacity also has free courses that range from okay to pretty good as well, and they have an active community. Once you feel comfortable you can start messing with Kaggle, which is also free.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
So glad I saw this post. I signed up to the SQL Bootcamp, Google Analytics Exam prep, Web Developer Bootcamp, and a Digital Marketing class.

sgjackson

I'm a CS student wondering what I should specialize in (currently taking a data structures/algorithms class) so I got the Unity C# course, Python/Data Science Bootcamp, and Web Developer Bootcamps recommended here. I'm also looking at Android app development courses but I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for which one is best or how they compare.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
CHANGEIT is definitely working for me.
When I try the other codes, they're still stuck at 15 dollars per course for me and it disables the other codes.

Although that's Canadian... I don't know if it's suppose to knock down the price to 10 dollars Canadian or 10 American. lol

khaaan

When I try the other codes, they're still stuck at 15 dollars per course for me and it disables the other codes.

Although that's Canadian... I don't know if it's suppose to knock down the price to 10 dollars Canadian or 10 American. lol

If you end up purchasing could you confirm if it charges you USD or CAD? I'm out of the country so it's charging me EUR. If the dollar prices are in USD the differences between it and CAD is small enough that I'll take the hit. If the dollar prices are in CAD I'd like to find some way to buy the courses in CAD.

Jhoan

ARH1C202 worked for me in the US. I got the following courses:

Discover How To Draw and Paint Comics
Drawing Perspective for Beginners
Web Developer Bootcamp (dabbled in HTML in undergrad)
Using C# Unity (I dabbled with with it a bit in undergrad as well as Javascript)
Character Design
Graphic Design Bootcamp
Digital Painting in Manga Studio 5

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If you end up purchasing could you confirm if it charges you USD or CAD? I'm out of the country so it's charging me EUR. If the dollar prices are in USD the differences between it and CAD is small enough that I'll take the hit. If the dollar prices are in CAD I'd like to find some way to buy the courses in CAD.
It looks like it wants to charge me in CAD.
How much is it in Euro?

Maybe it really is meant to be 10 USD and not 15 USD, which is why it's confusing.

Jazz573

Just thought people should know that the mobile app has exclusive deals that make some of these courses even cheaper ($9 USD/$13 CDN).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just thought people should know that the mobile app has exclusive deals that make some of these courses even cheaper ($9 USD/$13 CDN).
Do you just checkout from the app?

On iOS it looks like it uses your apple credit, which is taxed. Might explain why it's 13.99 there, but I'm not sure.

Wulfric

Did the sale just get extended? It says 2 days right now, when yesterday the timer was at 1 day 21 hrs. Perhaps they extended it, but idk.

What are some good CompTIA courses? I never really liked programming, so I figure IT or networks might be worth trying.

Damaniel

Banned
I'm not sure why, but the courses are all showing up as $10 for me without any coupons. I'm gonna have to buy a few (especially if I can stack the coupon codes on top of that).

EDIT: Looks like they auto-applied a coupon code (TRANSFORM202). Still, $10 each is dirt cheap - I just bought 6 more to go with the ones I already had.

I'm not sure why, but the courses are all showing up as $10 for me without any coupons. I'm gonna have to buy a few (especially if I can stack the coupon codes on top of that).

EDIT: Looks like they auto-applied a coupon code (TRANSFORM202). Still, $10 each is dirt cheap - I just bought 6 more to go with the ones I already had.
The same code automatically applied for me too. All courses as $10. Pretty great deal!

Do you have to buy one at a time or can you get them all at once and have the coupon apply to each one?
You can buy them all at once. Just add each course to your cart and all of them are discounted at checkout.

Ceres

Banned
I picked up 11 courses and also added 3 free Swedish ones (been following a swedish sports league so would be nice to learn some basics).
I've done a handful of intro courses in school so a lot are refreshers and hobby learning.

Minamu

The codes worked fine with Euors as well :D I'm now the owner of two Ben Tristem courses! Unity and Unreal, perfect.

Sandfox

What courses do you guys reccomend to someone who wants a competent understanding of Data Science for a potential career? I'm a Math major with experience in C++, and to a lesser extent C and Java.

Alright, I think I bought enough...

I got:
Cisco CCNA & NEW CCENT / ICND1 (100-105) Labs & More!
CompTIA A+ Certification 901. The Total Course
CompTIA A+ Certification 902. The Total Course
CompTIA Network+ Cert.; N10-006. The Total Course.
Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp with R
IT Security Fundamentals: CompTIA Security+ 2015
Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp
R Programming A-Z: R For Data Science With Real Exercises!
The Complete Java Developer Course. Learn Step by Step
The Complete SQL Bootcamp
The Professional Ruby on Rails Developer
The Ultimate Hands-On Hadoop - Tame your Big Data!
The Web Developer Bootcamp

I guess that'll keep me busy for a while.

What courses do you guys reccomend to someone who wants a competent understanding of Data Science for a potential career? I'm a Math major with experience in C++, and to a lesser extent C and Java.

Oh, hey, you're me.
Best of luck.

Slo

I'm a CS student wondering what I should specialize in (currently taking a data structures/algorithms class) so I got the Unity C# course, Python/Data Science Bootcamp, and Web Developer Bootcamps recommended here. I'm also looking at Android app development courses but I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for which one is best or how they compare.

The Android class that I linked to on the first page is fantastic.

khaaan

It looks like it wants to charge me in CAD.
How much is it in Euro?

Maybe it really is meant to be 10 USD and not 15 USD, which is why it's confusing.

Damn, it tries to charge me $15 EUR (haven't tried the coupon yet) which is about $22 CAD. Not the biggest of deals but when stretched over potentially multiple purchases it adds up. I guess the easiest option would be to give my credentials to a family member, have them buy it and then wire them the money.

I began CS50 last year and got about 40% through the course before I had to stop.

I'm still very much a beginner when it comes to computer science and programming and I want to continue my education. Should I re-enroll with CS50 or take one of Udemy's classes?

Specifically when it comes to data science which course offered by Udemy would be the most valuable?

Do both. Finish CS50, as it gives you some Python and web dev which supplements nicely with Udemy courses.

Udemy is nice for the practical aspect, but CS50 gives an introduction to data structures and algorithms and such, which most udemy courses skip. After CS50 look into other MOOC's for more on the theoretical parts of CS.

Grug

Damn, it tries to charge me $15 EUR (haven't tried the coupon yet) which is about $22 CAD. Not the biggest of deals but when stretched over potentially multiple purchases it adds up. I guess the easiest option would be to give my credentials to a family member, have them buy it and then wire them the money.

Or use a VPN.

Just bought 10 courses, I know I won't do them all, or some I might not start, but the prices are too good and I need to brush up/learn/sharpen my skills. So many skills.

In the same boat as you guys. Been doing some mobile game and web development at the company I work at, so there's always a million things new to learn.

You can always find the tutorials on youtube, but I find the udemy ones just go through them at the right pace and make sure you always understand the UI or basics or whatever you are learning, very well.

Gotta a buncha unity, web development, and also some figure drawing, and a cartooning one. More expensive for me since I am stuck in the UK.

Prices are parity now, pound for a dollar. Woulda cost me £60, now £100. Oh well, I figure the courses are worth it, and will be useful. Don't know how useful, but they will be useful.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
This is great. I've decided to go for more personal development styles courses, improve my memory and learn a bit about entrepreneurship!

Been keen to start writing a novel or a screenplay too so I bought a course on that!

Come on brain, we can DO THIS!!!!!!!

This is great. I've decided to go for more personal development styles courses, improve my memory and learn a bit about entrepreneurship!

Been keen to start writing a novel or a screenplay too so I bought a course on that!

Come on brain, we can DO THIS!!!!!!!

Which novel course?

Anyone have experience with the CSS courses offered on this site? I have two employees--one knows CSS basics and the other is a complete noob. Hoping to buy good ones for both of em. Thanks!

After farting about for a few months with code academy and other similar sites i've decided to pick up Learn Bootstrap Development By Building 10 Projects and The Web Developer Bootcamp.

Is SQL what people use to make sites that read and present player stats from games like Destiny? Once i'm more comfortable making a site that looks nice I wouldn't mind looking into something like that.

Having trouble deciding on an R course. The most popular beginner one there seems more focused on slowly introducing you to programming concepts and I'd rather kind of speed through those and get to putting it to use working some basic statistics problems. This one seems maybe more what I'm looking for, but it assumes some level of knowledge of R already. Maybe I'll just audit some of the courses over at coursera and see how that goes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Are these courses always on sale or something? Now they are a flat $10 without coupon codes.

Please be careful when buying courses from here. Despite their rating, which can be very misleading (some courses make users give high ratings so that you can access other courses at a discount) There are some very poor courses on here. For every one amazing course you find on here I guarantee you'll find 5-10 real shitty versions of the same course that you'll wish you never wasted the time or money on. Do your homework before buying guys.

B.K.

I bought a few courses during the sale. Does anyone know if there's any way to download the course, so I don't have to go to their website and use their video player, when I want to go through a lesson? I know you can download one at a time, but that will take forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom