• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 199 Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 |OT| Stupid Sexy Rockhold

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

Pu**y and fa**ot are some of the most used words in a sport where people put each other in the hospital sometimes.
These are words I expect in this type of sport.

Why the fuck would anyone go racists out of no where?

Do you go around getting offended by everyone bad word you hear on radio songs?

Being a racist or an homophobe is the same thing. People shouldn't use those terms. No matter the circumstance.

Making excuses for him is awful.

Levito

Banned
Do some research.

It's funny that you're insinuating that we're outraged, but really we were just having a discussion and you're now restoring to nonsensical 5 word replies and clearly getting upset.

Relax yo, we ain't selling wolf tickets~

The joke was made at seniors' expense. All part of the marginalization.

But he's not a senior. He's only 46. That's old in sports terms, but for a regular person that's pretty much prime of life. Nobody discriminates against 46 year olds because of their age.

kiguel182

Of course a bunch of these guys are homophobes, racists and misogenists but that doesn't mean we shouldn't call them out for it.

Being a racist or an homophobe is the same thing. People shouldn't use those terms. No matter the circumstance.

Making excuses for him is awful.

But is Bisping a homophobe???

It was still inappropriate even if he isn't but you can't necessarily link the usage of the word to such an awful title.

But he's not a senior. He's only 46. That's old in sports terms, but for a regular person that's pretty much prime of life. Nobody discriminates against 46 year olds because of their age.

I think what he's suggesting is that Luke Rockhold isn't a homosexual either, but using it as a pejorative is insulting to those who actually are homosexuals.

dem

And Rockhold isn't a homosexual.

Using age as an insult is the same as... Well.. You follow my ridiculous train of though I'm sure.

I didn't intend for it to sound that way. Calling somebody gay as an insult is offensive to actual gay persons. Calling somebody a senior citizen as an insult would therefore be insulting to senior citizens.

I get that, but it's also the same thing with the N-word. Like if he had called Rockhold a "nigger", would people be saying "Oh it doesn't mean anything, Luke Rockhold isn't even black"?

What was the age-specific term that was used to describe Hendo anyway? I must have missed that. Is there a slur for old people? Gramps?

I get that, but it's also the same thing with the N-word. Like if he had called Rockhold a "nigger", would people be saying "Oh it doesn't mean anything, Luke Rockhold isn't even black"?

What was the age-specific term that was used to describe Hendo anyway? I must have missed that. Is there a slur for old people? Gramps?

Well, it's only a slur because its usage disparages a group. You could use "gramps" as a pejorative too. A word having a history as a slur definitely elevates an infraction, though.

Haunted

Just watched.

Oh boy, it's a fine balancing act between confidence and arrogance.

MICHAEL FUCKING BISPING

This is such a good story. Either you die a villain or live long enough to see yourself become the hero.

Really great card, overall.

Haunted

ask, and you shall receive

sn_g_punk01jr_576x874.jpg
still undefeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom