• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 199 Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 |OT| Stupid Sexy Rockhold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fight Pass is streaming Fedor's next fight against Fab Maldanado. If he comes away clean I think Fedor vs Brock will happen. If not, I can see Mir being called to fight Brock.

Mir pissed hot.

He's not fighting anyone right now.

Even if Fedor comes away clean it's less than a month to 200. I don't see that happening.

It's either going to be Hunto, some weird left field sem-freakshow thing, or a sacrificial lamb.

Fight Pass is streaming Fedor's next fight against Fab Maldanado. If he comes away clean I think Fedor vs Brock will happen. If not, I can see Mir being called to fight Brock.

Fedor doesn't seem like a possibility. They're apparently announcing Brock's opponent tomorrow, and it's hard to imagine that they'd lock Fedor in given that he could very well lose and/or get a medical suspension.

Aryanos

Banned

Mir is suspended by popping for PED's from eating 'kangaroo meat' so he's out.

I'll just leave these here.

giphy.gif

IMG_5465.jpg

I imagine Dan's all "So Mike.......ready for that rematch?"

With Bisping as the champ, middleweight becomes a draw again for the first time since Anderson. People are either rooting for the Cinderella story (like they are for Lawler) or rooting to see Bisping get his head punched off.

The whole division is chomping at the bit to fight him, and while I think Mike can beat anyone in the division, there's a lot of people in the division who I think can beat him too.

I'm game for that Hendo fight, but I think he probably needs one more win to really deserve it, unless Mike is pushing for it too. Truth is Mike will fight anyone the UFC put up in front of him. He needs to watch his mouth sometimes, but he's always done what the UFC have asked of him. I'm sure Dana is very happy about Mike having the belt.

scabro

for as much bisping mouths off, hes always held it pretty much together in regards to crossing that line

what he said was awful and im sure it will bite him in the ass in some way, but its hilarious to see a feud where both dudes genuinely dislike each other to the point of losing their shit like this

luke's face during the whole presser was probably giffable

for as much bisping mouths off, hes always held it pretty much together in regards to crossing that line

what he said was awful and im sure it will bite him in the ass in some way, but its hilarious to see a feud where both dudes genuinely dislike each other to the point of losing their shit like this

luke's face during the whole presser was probably giffable

It's certainly over the line and he should get some sort of reprimanded for it but I don't think he should lose his Fox gig over it. People get heated and make mistakes in the moment. I'm sure we've all said something stupid we regret later when in an aggressive confrontation. He should come out and publicly apologize at the very least though.

It's certainly over the line and he should get some sort of reprimanded for it but I don't think he should lose his Fox gig over it. People get heated and make mistakes in the moment. I'm sure we've all said something stupid we regret later when in an aggressive confrontation. He should come out and publicly apologize at the very least though.

If there was a recording of Colin Cowherd calling someone that because they got "heated" would anyone be surprised if he was canned? Even if he immediately apologized? Or better yet what if Bisping had called him the n-word?

how many lost championship fights in a row is that now for Faber? dude should never get an opportunity again.

edit: 7, 4 in the ufc and 3 in the WEC.

dem

The guy is 37. You shouldn't be surprised that faggot is still part of his trash talk repertoire.. Especially in the heat of the moment.

Fag was THE go to insult in the 80s/90s. You can't just turn it off overnight. And.. You know.. These guys punch each other in the head for a living.

Levito

Banned
Nothing will happen to Bisping with regards to his comments, unfortunately.

Really wish Luke hadn't fucked around, Bisping is even more annoying and douchey than he ever was.

Aryanos

Banned
If there was a recording of Colin Cowherd calling someone that because they got "heated" would anyone be surprised if he was canned? Even if he immediately apologized? Or better yet what if Bisping had called him the n-word?

Are you telling us you've never called someone bad things in the heat of the moment?

Oh I hear you. Odds are it's going to cost him. I won't be surprised in the least.

It is just a bit hypocritical to throw him under the bus when every single person has said some bad shit to someone else in the heat of the moment. Maybe it wasn't what Mike said here but people are lying to themselves if they think they've never said something inappropriate to someone else in an argument.

But like I said many times since last night it's no doubt terrible what Bisping said

Are you telling us you've never called someone bad things in the heat of the moment?

I'm sure I have, not that particular word, at least not since i was like 12, but sure. Everyone who has gotten in trouble for using that word, or some other slur in the last decade, can probably claim it was "the heat of the moment". My point though is that Bisping isn't just a fighter, he's also a commentator/tv personality. That is where I think this could bite him. I'm not petitioning for Fox to do anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if they treated him the same way they would treat anyone else they put on television as a face of their network.

Levito

Banned
The guy is 37. You shouldn't be surprised that faggot is still part of his trash talk repertoire.. Especially in the heat of the moment.

Fag was THE go to insult in the 80s/90s. You can't just turn it off overnight. And.. You know.. These guys punch each other in the head for a living.

That's no excuse at all. I used to say 'fag' 'retard' and the n-word when I was a teenager too, but I grew up, 37 isn't old. He knew better than to say that, he's just a total buffoon. This is like when people say 'old people can say the n-word because they grew up in a differen't era'. You're always accountable for your own actions and words, regardless of how old you are.

The nice thing about our sport is we get to see idiots like Bisping get the piss beat out of them. Which is exactly what going to happen if he fights Weidman, Jacare, or Rockhold again.

Aryanos

Banned
I'm sure I have, not that particular word, at least not since i was like 12, but sure. Everyone who has gotten in trouble for using that word, or some other slur in the last decade, can probably claim it was "the heat of the moment". My point though is that Bisping isn't just a fighter, he's also a commentator/tv personality. That is where I think this could bite him. I'm not petitioning for Fox to do anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if they treated him the same way they would treat anyone else they put on television as a face of their network.

People use Fa**ot, c*cksucker, ni**er cause it's the easiest way to rile someone up. Most of the fights I've witnessed starts with someone calling the other that. True that he shouldn't have said it but getting fired for it would be extreme.

People use Fa**ot, c*cksucker, ni**er cause it's the easiest way to rule someone up. Most of the fights I've witnessed starts with someone calling the other that. True that he shouldn't have said it but getting fired for it would be extreme.

I mean, do you think Curt Schililng getting fired by ESPN was extreme?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
With Bisping as the champ, middleweight becomes a draw again for the first time since Anderson. People are either rooting for the Cinderella story (like they are for Lawler) or rooting to see Bisping get his head punched off.

The whole division is chomping at the bit to fight him, and while I think Mike can beat anyone in the division, there's a lot of people in the division who I think can beat him too.

I'm game for that Hendo fight, but I think he probably needs one more win to really deserve it, unless Mike is pushing for it too. Truth is Mike will fight anyone the UFC put up in front of him. He needs to watch his mouth sometimes, but he's always done what the UFC have asked of him. I'm sure Dana is very happy about Mike having the belt.

dwill.png
Hendo is 3-6 over the last 3 years. He's more like 5 wins away from deserving it. I know the UFC is a bullshit sports organization but come on.

Levito

Banned
Have a feeling middleweight is about to become what light heavyweight was before Jones came along. That is the belt will switch hands constantly.

Yeah I mean after seeing that video its clear its two giant assholes both fighting with each other and neither one is the "good guy".

I just want Weidman to come back and get the title.

Weidman seems to be a cocky guy too. As is Belfort, Romero, and Machida. 185 has - by far - the most amount of arrogant fighters in the UFC. I guess Hendo and Jacare are the down to earth 185 fighters.

The middleweight division is so old and tired. Bisping is 37. Souza is 36. Weidman turns 32 this month and can't stay healthy. Rockhold is the youngest in the top 5 and he's 1) An idiot 2) 31. Romero, Vitor, Machida, Silva and Hendo are all dinosaurs.

We need a dominant young buck to clean this shit out and start fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom