• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 199 Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 |OT| Stupid Sexy Rockhold

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really expect ESPN to have trustworthy sports journalism? They have a weekly feature about the WWE for Christsakes!

So do you think they had the news early or did they not? You can't argue there was an NDA on info ESPN had early and then say they reported bad info. Both can't be true.

NDA's with the press any time far in advance just isn't how UFC operates. This isn't an exception. They are just upset that Helwani has consistently scooped them the poast few months since they let him go.

Video game journalists work as promotional tools for those companies. That's not quite how most sports journalism works. if there was an NDA do you think a guy like Helwani, a veteran journalist, would be stupid enough to break it? Moreover, do you think the UFC, who fucking hates Ariel, would give him inside info and have him sign an NDA?

The equivalent to this is more like when Adam Schefter breaks injury news in the NFL, except when that happens the NFL doesn't get salty and suspend him.

If they fucking hated him so much before, why ban him now?

Admittedly, saying that is like saying why is Dave Meltzer allowed into WWE events, but still.

Levito

Banned
Calling it now:

They're going to do Rockhold vs Bisping 3 before anything else. This already has a big stoyline easy to sell hook for a PPV, Jacare isn't popular in the mainstream and Weidman is out for who knows how long.

If they fucking hated him so much before, why ban him now?

Admittedly, saying that is like saying why is Dave Meltzer allowed into WWE events, but still.

Because the UFC is run by bitter, unprofessional assholes.

anyway the Rockhold/Bisping heat is real and hilarious. The Cruz/Faber heat just makes me want for both of them to shut the fuck up.

Cappa

Banned
Calling it now:

They're going to do Rockhold vs Bisping 2 before anything else. This already has a big stoyline easy to sell hook for a PPV, Jacare isn't popular in the mainstream and Weidman is out for who knows how long.
Wouldn't it be 3?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby

anyway the Rockhold/Bisping heat is real and hilarious. The Cruz/Faber heat just makes me want for both of them to shut the fuck up.
Seriously. I guess I should feel good for Cruz for coming back but man he talks way too much.

Tonight's episode brought to you by......
UUG1CdW.jpg

1. Yes its true. I've always tried to give Dana respect even through his bull shit but I'll never forgive this

2. Also correct. Rockhold / Bisping heat is real as fuck. That's not show they hate each other. The Cruz / Faber beef just feels petty at this point. They just argue just to argue with each other. They should just get over it

Don't worry. When the UFC sells in a few months, the new regime will try and get goodwill by letting Helwani and Co. back in the door as one of their first moves. I'd imagine we'll get people who actually run business running this show as opposed to big man-children like we have now.

Calling it now:

They're going to do Rockhold vs Bisping 3 before anything else. This already has a big stoyline easy to sell hook for a PPV, Jacare isn't popular in the mainstream and Weidman is out for who knows how long.

I can see it happening. Both lost to each other and the trilogy will reveal who is better. Bisping got choked, Rockhard got kod. The trilogy will end with a decision and it's going to be close.

Don't worry. When the UFC sells in a few months, the new regime will try and get goodwill by letting Helwani and Co. back in the door as one of their first moves. I'd imagine we'll get people who actually run business running this show as opposed to big man-children like we have now.

What's funny is a couple weeks / months ago I was worried about the UFC selling. But Zuffa has shown their true colors and its time for real businessmen to take over the reigns.

I'm pretty sure Bisping says "I've knocked you out twice now, pussy" and he called him a "faggot" and asked the reporters to delete that comment.

I could be wrong.

Re watching it Bisping did indeed call him a "faggot". Wow Mike, not a good look. These two are bitter as shit with each other

Levito

Banned
That's some real ass heat. Between that, Conor/Diaz, Cormier/Jones and Ronda vs Holm/Tate whenever she gets back, UFC has some real juicy feuds to sell.

I think Cormier/Jones is the only other 'real' one like that. Ronda is just a child that hates all the women she fights. I'm not sure Conor and Nate actually hate eachother.

They're totally going to do Bisping/Rockhold 3, this is way biggest and easier to sell than Jacare.

Fox318

Part of me wants to see a bisping vs hendo rematch

The other part wants and hopes hendo retires and all I see is pics of him on Twitter drinking margaritas on the beach

They're really rallying behind Ariel here. Both sad and willing to take his calls.

I realize this is sarcasm but what do you expect? That they will jeopardize their own jobs? These athletes won't even organize to prevent shit like the Reebok deal and getting no cut off of the UFC's TV deals. I think its a nice gesture and cool and you will see more fighters come forward with it.

Levito

Banned
Does Rockhold have any friends???
Just seems like he'd be an unbearable person to be around.
When a jackass like Bisping looks like the better person, you must be the epitome of a complete fuckhead.

When Luke beat Bisping he helped him up and told him he had a lot of respect for him. When Bisping beat Luke he laughed in his face as Luke was waking up.

Rockhold is a total douche, but y'all Bisping has been a giant douche for a decade now. Hendo wanted to destroy him SO BAD cause of how Bisping acted on TUF.

It's a giant douche vs. fuckhead cocky mfer. Two giant egos, this is bound to happen.

Re watching it Bisping did indeed call him a "faggot". Wow Mike, not a good look. These two are bitter as shit with each other

Uh oh..... that's not good for The Count. Their beef is for real for real. The trilogy will be glorious lol.

But please, give our boy Jacare his chance to fight for the title. Dude deserves it.

When Luke beat Bisping he helped him up and told him he had a lot of respect for him. When Bisping beat Luke he laughed in his face as Luke was waking up.

Rockhold is a total douche, but y'all Bisping has been a giant douche for a decade now. Hendo wanted to destroy him SO BAD cause of how Bisping acted on TUF.

It's a giant douche vs. fuckhead cocky mfer. Two giant egos, this is bound to happen.

Yeah I mean after seeing that video its clear its two giant assholes both fighting with each other and neither one is the "good guy".

I just want Weidman to come back and get the title.

Luke should get Bisping fired from Fox to fuel the feud. That would be a tremendous angle.

If this gets reported wide spread it could happen. That is some pretty straight up hate speech he used there.

This is about as bitter of a rivalry as you will ever see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom