• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uh, I guess this is the official EGM thread now. Or something.

RumFore

Banned
- Sony may have talked Capcom into making Resident Evil 5 a PS3 exclusive... along with Dead Rising 2.

Would Capcom really make Dead Rising 2 exclusive especially after they annouced its the fastest selling 360 game? Either way I hope this doest come to be on both titles.

Surreal

RumpledForeskin said:
Would Capcom really make Dead Rising 2 exclusive especially after they annouced its the fastest selling 360 game? Either way I hope this doest come to be on both titles.

When there are moneyhats involved does it really matter?

Himuro said:
I don't think Moneyhats would do that for Capcom, given almost every one of their titles recently has bombed with the exception of Dead Rising, so if I were Capcom I would keep it on 360.

Capcom's not stupid.
capcom seem to be tending away from exclusives.

barring this being a Full Auto 2 (it's not really a sequel but we have to call it that because of the first game being an exclusive) I don't buy it. RE5 could certainly happen if the money hats are big enough... but what i don't get is why MS isn't doing more money hatting given that they have a lot more money on tap.

jjasper

RumpledForeskin said:

It is probably just the first game with a little bit extra added to it and labeled as "2" in order to put the game on the PS3 and by pass the "Only for Xbox 360" marker it first one has on it.

Alts

I'd like to read their reviews for Contact, Yakuza, and Rule of Rose. Too bad I'll have to wait forever to get my damn copy.

These numbers are breaking my heart.

Ceb

Himuro said:
I don't think Moneyhats would do that for Capcom, given almost every one of their titles recently has bombed with the exception of Dead Rising, so if I were Capcom I would keep it on 360.

Capcom's not stupid.

What, you think it wouldn't sell on the PS3?

android

Theoretical Magician
Mojovonio said:
I really wouldn't be suprised in DR2 became a PS3 exclusive. What better way to get 360 fans to get a PS3?
Or piss them off and lose the game's fanbase.

Bebpo

Banned
If people don't think that Sony is watching the X360 sales and trying to moneyhat any high selling game they can to their system...well then they're just being naive.

Not saying that Capcom will give the "ok", but it's very likely Sony is doing their damndest to snatch any popular game from the competition and put it exclusively in their lineup.

jjasper said:
It is probably just the first game with a little bit extra added to it and labeled as "2" in order to put the game on the PS3 and by pass the "Only for Xbox 360" marker it first one has on it.

Can you give an example where this has happened, ever?

Before you say Full Auto 2, I thought that it just included some of the original tracks and doesn't even have the whole original game...

Ceb

Himuro said:
It's not that. I just don't think Capcom would do that given their original target audience and fans.

You mean like when they moved Resident Evil 4 from the PS2 to the GC?

bengraven

EGM announced they were taking a much tougher stance on games from now on. Sequels especially are getting attacked, which could explain Lego Star Wars 2's scores.

castle007

Banned
_leech_ said:
Rumours
- Wii Sports will include over 30 different games.

- Street Fighter IV coming out next year (2007)
- Square Enix is going to announce a "huge" DS game this fall: a strategy RPG based on Final Fantasy XIII.

:D

- Several big-time third party publishers are giving up on the PSP.

hmmmmm.

- Sony may have talked Capcom into making Resident Evil 5 a PS3 exclusive... along with Dead Rising 2

I doubt it

jjasper

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Can you give an example where this has happened, ever?

Before you say Full Auto 2, I thought that it just included some of the original tracks and doesn't even have the whole original game...

I don't know if it has ever happened, it just seemed like a way for Capcom to get away with porting DR to the PS3 without breaking any deals with MS. I just don't see Capcom make the sequel to a game that sold well on one system exculsive to another.

jjasper said:
I don't know if it has ever happened, it just seemed like a way for Capcom to get away with porting DR to the PS3 without breaking any deals with MS. I just don't see Capcom make the sequel to a game that sold well on one system exculsive to another.

And I don't see Microsoft contracting for an exclusive where you can just go add another character and a couple of areas and then sell it as a 'different' game. There's no reason paying one dime for the exclusive, otherwise.

Remember, we have official confirmation that 'Only On Xbox 360' on the box means that there's a deal in place, and that it's not just a timed exclusive. Nintendo never made such a claim with RE4. For there to be a deal, there are Microsoft lawyers involved, and they aren't going to leave a giant hole in the deal like you described. I know Capcom's tendencies, but I still can't see it.

On the Dead Rising rumor, remember they probably went to print before all these stories of good sales came out and stuff. I don't doubt the franchise will likely go to PS3, but an exclusive sequel, I don't know. Resident Evil, I could see that although I think Lost Planet is going to hit big as well and it will be hard for Capcom to ignore putting RE on 360 and PS3 (just like Lost Planet and DR will likely make their way in some form to PS3 probably)

[Nintex]

Dead rising 2 and Re5 to PS3?
I dont think capcom will risk going exclusive, supporting the wrong console last gen really hurt them , but releasing games on the 360 seems to go well. Maybe some Wii titles but I don't expect them to develop exclusive titles for PS3 anytime soon, the PS3 isn't even released yet and the press isn't very positive about Sony's new machine.
I do expect ports when both the 360 and PS3 are succesfull. Capcom creates awesome games but they have a hard time gaining profits from them.

Ceb

Himuro said:
And remember how ps2 got a ps2 RE4 port?

Yes, but for the longest while, Capcom's company line went "Sorry, no RE4 for you. Please enjoy Devil May Cry instead!".

It pissed off a lot of the RE fan base back in the days.

What would REALLY be a kick in the balls to X360 owners would be if Capcom announced "DEAD RISING 2 - It's coming......" only to move it to the PS3 or Wii a while later. ;)

Mojovonio

Banned
GitarooMan said:
On the Dead Rising rumor, remember they probably went to print before all these stories of good sales came out and stuff. I don't doubt the franchise will likely go to PS3, but an exclusive sequel, I don't know. Resident Evil, I could see that although I think Lost Planet is going to hit big as well and it will be hard for Capcom to ignore putting RE on 360 and PS3 (just like Lost Planet and DR will likely make their way in some form to PS3 probably)

exactly. if Xbox 360 starts to lose their exclusives, and they don't have much in way of first party games, its going to be hard to sell a 360 when the PS3 is avalilabe. Prices change, brand recognition takes more time.

1. EGM not putting their mags in baggies for safe shipping is definitely EGM's fault. It doesn't take a genius to know that the post office has a bad reputation for damaging mail during transit. Why do you think they offer "insurance" :D

2. Those scores are absolutely brutal overall. A lot of games got far worse scores than I figured they would.

3. When Mielke interviewed Q Entertainment in one of the last 1up shows, he mentioned Rez and, IIRC, the general feeling was that they knew there was a fanbase for the game and to stay tuned. I'd say Rez would be a better fit on Wii than the PS3 but I wouldn't complain either way just as long as it happened :)

Mr_Furious said:
I'd say Rez would be a better fit on Wii than the PS3 but I wouldn't complain either way just as long as it happened :)

I think high-def visuals and true discrete surround fit Rez well.

Dammit...a Rez sequel would be one of those things that I would like to think would compel me to sell a kidney so I could buy a PS3, but really I would just be sad about it. Please come to Wii instead....

jjasper

beermonkey@tehbias said:
And I don't see Microsoft contracting for an exclusive where you can just go add another character and a couple of areas and then sell it as a 'different' game. There's no reason paying one dime for the exclusive, otherwise.

Remember, we have official confirmation that 'Only On Xbox 360' on the box means that there's a deal in place, and that it's not just a timed exclusive. Nintendo never made such a claim with RE4. For there to be a deal, there are Microsoft lawyers involved, and they aren't going to leave a giant hole in the deal like you described. I know Capcom's tendencies, but I still can't see it.

True, we will have to see.

jgkspsx said:
So... reasons for Contact and MMZX scores? (Not that it'll stop me.)

Contact
Good: Interesting story keeps you coming back for more.
Bad: Badly in need of a quest log or hint system.

Megaman ZX
Good: Collecting different forms, nifty anime bits.
Bad: Short levels, horrible map system.

Mau ®

I can totally see RE5 being PS3 time exclusive. Wouldn't surprise me.

As for Dead Rising 2, I can see the sequel being on PS3 but also on 360.

Top Bottom