• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uh, I guess this is the official EGM thread now. Or something.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Bad: Short levels, horrible map system.
levels are exactly like they are in any megaman game

and the map system is easy to understand, those complaints are pretty ****ing stupid.

then again it's EGM I wont expect any better from them.

jgkspsx

_leech_ said:
Contact
Good: Interesting story keeps you coming back for more.
Bad: Badly in need of a quest log or hint system.

Megaman ZX
Good: Collecting different forms, nifty anime bits.
Bad: Short levels, horrible map system.
So, in other words, you need a functional memory for Contact and the map system is problematic. Fine by me :)

Error2k4 said:

and the map system is easy to understand, those complaints are pretty ****ing stupid.

Didn't they rate the Zero games pretty low as well?

squatingyeti said:
NHL2k7.....My old friend why have you fallen so? You were once the best hockey game and now look at you. You're all washed up. Please tell me, what the hell happened to you? I once thought Madden was the only game that could actually get worse, but my how you showed them.

Probably the same reason MLB2k went downhill, or that College Hoops never went uphill in the first place.

Kush sucks

You know, I've been seeing a lot of EGM hate lately. Maybe if they didn't turn their magazine into a God damn 15-minute read, packaged it properly to subscribers and stopped handing out free subscriptions like candy on the internet, we wouldn't have so many reasons to think it's worthless.

FightyF

Banned
squatingyeti said:
NHL2k7.....My old friend why have you fallen so? You were once the best hockey game and now look at you. You're all washed up. Please tell me, what the hell happened to you? I once thought Madden was the only game that could actually get worse, but my how you showed them.

My guess is that it's EGM. :p

It could be one of those reviews that start out like, "Now, I normally hate hockey, but I've played hockey videogames in the past..."

Ceb

Az987 said:

I think most people who are interested in Rule of Rose are aware of the fact that the gameplay sucks balls. I'm still thinking it should be worth a budget purchase for the story's sake. :D

Father_Brain said:
What else is in the magazine, besides the reviews and rumors? How's Spider-Man 3 looking?

- Little sections on Bully and Vice City Stories.
- Afterthoughts on Dead Rising.
- Afterthoughts on Okami.
- Hands-on with Resistance.
- Hands-on with Phantasy Star Universe.
- The World's Most Dangerous Gamers.
- Preview of Forza 2.
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance vs Justice League Heroes.
- Guitar Hero II feature.

And that's about it. Nothing on Spiderman 3 because, according to Shoe:
...you'll have to ask movie director Sam Raimi why he's such a jerk and pulled our story at the last minute.
:\

[Nintex]

koam said:
And while the person is at it, they might want to inform them that there is a resident evil game from capcom coming out on the wii.
That will be reggie Miyamoto or Iwata's job while shaking hands with some high profile capcom designer.

Hero

Himuro said:
I don't think Moneyhats would do that for Capcom, given almost every one of their titles recently has bombed with the exception of Dead Rising, so if I were Capcom I would keep it on 360.

Capcom's not stupid.

I had to "lol" here. This is the same company that announced RE4 would be ported to PS2 a week before the Gamecube version was supposed to be released.

Amir0x

Banned
- EA developing a next-gen survival-horror title.
- Wii Sports will include over 30 different games.
- Several big-time third party publishers are giving up on the PSP.
- Sony may have talked Capcom into making Resident Evil 5 a PS3 exclusive... along with Dead Rising 2.
- Rez sequel coming to either the PS3 or Wii.
- Street Fighter IV coming out next year (2007)
- Square Enix is going to announce a "huge" DS game this fall: a strategy RPG based on Final Fantasy XIII.

Rez 2 is coming to Wii, that was heavily hinted at by 1up a month+ back or so. That's no question, it's probably one of the few titles that would just naturally click in the new control scheme.

The SquareEnix rumour is pretty suspiciously specific, so I'm pretty sure that's gotta be true. It makes sense, too - if you're gonna make a crap cellphone game like Agito, you might as well make a good handheld game that'll sell a million for Japan's biggest system.

And dear God I hope Street Fighter IV is true :D

Dante

EA developing a next-gen survival-horror title.

God EGM sucks, how is this even a rumor? This has been confirmed some time ago, It's called Dead Space, it's basically Resident Evil in Space.

Foil

Fight for Freeform said:

It could be one of those reviews that start out like, "Now, I normally hate hockey, but I've played hockey videogames in the past..."

Or perhaps, EA's ground up next gen game, is better than Kush's ugly cinemotion foggy arena breath game.

Tellaerin

DarienA said:
EGM has no love for us Dynasty/Samurai Warriors fans.

I know, and it's a perfect example of why I think game reviews should be about more than the 'real personal feelings' of the author.

See, I don't care if reviewers think this subgenre of slash-'em-up is 'boring and repetitive' or 'needs to evolve' or whatever the bitch du jour happens to be. I like these kinds of games. All I want to know is how new offerings in the genre stack up against the current high-water mark (arguably DW5), preferably with a numeric score reflecting that ranking. Keep your personal genre preferences out of it, guys. :p

kenta

Has no PEINS
Capcom, just release the entire Dead Rising franchise across both the PS3 and 360.

Unless you hate money

Also WOW at the 21 titles for PSP in the works, I can't wait to see some more 2.5D action babay

Bebpo

Banned
Error2k4 said:

I sort of agree about the map thing. I wouldn't dock a whole lot of points for it, but I'd agree with that the layout of the areas is really really confusing for a while. I had no clue how to get around in the early missions and the map sure didn't help.

Bebpo

Banned
btw, I'm surprised the main issue of the rumors section discussion isn't revolving around PSP developers dropping support. If true, PSP is gonna become the next Dreamcast.

koam

_leech_ said:
Heart Shaped Box.

Wow, I really expected smells like teen spirit or you know you're right. Still Heart shaped box rocks.

Can you possibly list all the songs they have in EGM?

_leech_ said:
- Little sections on Bully and Vice City Stories.
- Afterthoughts on Dead Rising.
- Afterthoughts on Okami.
- Hands-on with Resistance.
- Hands-on with Phantasy Star Universe.
- The World's Most Dangerous Gamers.
- Preview of Forza 2.
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance vs Justice League Heroes.
- Guitar Hero II feature.

And that's about it. Nothing on Spiderman 3 because, according to Shoe:

:\

What happen to the Metroid Prime 3 preview? Almost forgot Rayman Raving Rabbids, was supposed to be included.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Bebpo said:
btw, I'm surprised the main issue of the rumors section discussion isn't revolving around PSP developers dropping support. If true, PSP is gonna become the next Dreamcast.
If it's true then it's those own publishers' fault for not creating good freaking games. The systems are selling well enough and there are only good things coming for it

koam

* Arterial Black - Drist
* John The Fisherman - Primus
* Madhouse - Anthrax
* Psychobilly Freakout - The Reverend Horton Heat
* Shout at the Devil - Mötley Crüe
* Strutter - KISS
* Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots
* War Pigs - Black Sabbath
* Who Was in My Room Last Night? - The Butthole Surfers
* You Really Got Me - The Kinks, as performed by Van Halen
* YYZ - Rush
* Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the Machine
* Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
* Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana

Here's what we know, can you list the ones missing if any

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
_leech_ said:
Street Fighter IV coming out next year (2007)

This rumor gets printed somewhere every year but I think it has a good chance of happening now because next year is the 20th anniversary of the SF series.

Cool @ DQH getting GOTM. I just pre-ordered it today and got my lovely keychain. :D

I'd like to believe the rumor of that FFXIII game coming to the DS, but I still don't trust any of EGM's "rumors" at all.

demi

koam said:
* Arterial Black - Drist
* John The Fisherman - Primus
* Madhouse - Anthrax
* Psychobilly Freakout - The Reverend Horton Heat
* Shout at the Devil - Mötley Crüe
* Strutter - KISS
* Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart - Stone Temple Pilots
* War Pigs - Black Sabbath
* Who Was in My Room Last Night? - The Butthole Surfers
* You Really Got Me - The Kinks, as performed by Van Halen
* YYZ - Rush
* Killing in the Name Of - Rage Against the Machine
* Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
* Heart Shaped Box - Nirvana

Here's what we know, can you list the ones missing if any

* The New Black - Every Time I Die

Fight for Freeform said:

Play them for yourself. You'll see.

koam said:
Can you possibly list all the songs they have in EGM?

I should get paid for this :p

Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
Primus - John the Fisherman
STP - Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart
Anthrax - Madhouse
Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
The Police - Message in a Bottle
The Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
Cheap Trick - Surrender
Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Going to Rock You Tonight
Heart - Crazy For You
Allman Brothers Band - Jessica
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
Dick Dale - Misirlou
Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Reverent Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
Black Sabbath - War Pigs
KISS - Strutter
Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night?
Van Halen - You Really God Me
Guns 'n Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
The Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Rush - YYZ

koam

_leech_ said:
I should get paid for this :p

Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
Primus - John the Fisherman
STP - Trippin' On a Hole in a Paper Heart
Anthrax - Madhouse
Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
The Police - Message in a Bottle
The Pretenders - Tattooed Love Boys
Cheap Trick - Surrender
Spinal Tap - Tonight I'm Going to Rock You Tonight
Heart - Crazy For You
Allman Brothers Band - Jessica
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot
Dick Dale - Misirlou
Lamb of God - Laid to Rest
Alice in Chains - Them Bones
Reverent Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
Black Sabbath - War Pigs
KISS - Strutter
Butthole Surfers - Who Was in My Room Last Night?
Van Halen - You Really God Me
Guns 'n Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
The Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Rush - YYZ

You are now my favorite poster ever. And not because we share the same singer in our avatars.

Top Bottom