• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Tearaway - £5 @ Tesco

NeoGash

1. It's Vita. Sales are dire in the UK and it has a tiny presence in retail stores which is vanishing fast.

2. Next to no advertisement.

3. It released around the same time as PS4/XB1 and probably got dwarfed by the hype and mindshare for them.

This is sad. A great developer makes a great game and it sells sweet FA, yet assholes can make ass-y games and sell millions and millions. Man this stuff depresses me.

Vashetti

Banned
People may laugh and say "lol Tesco", but the truth of the matter is, in the UK a huge amount of games retail is sold in supermarkets.

Parents picking up games off shelves as they do their weekly shop.

If Tesco (the biggest supermarket in the UK) is planning to drop the Vita, then you know shit's bad.

Vashetti

Banned
This is sad. A great developer makes a great game and it sells sweet FA, yet assholes can make ass-y games and sell millions and millions. Man this stuff depresses me.

Seems only the annualised "AAA" games seem to do well here.

Everything else either scrapes by or bombas.

Ugh lucky bastards. I'm in a country where I can only buy Vita games from the PSN store and I don't want to drop $40 for it right now. I'd buy it for £5 in a heart beat.

Theecliff

Banned
Well, this is depressing. The general public in the UK really are just a bunch of lowest common denominator idiots nowadays.
Cool.

-

I sort of want to buy it at this price, despite not actually owning a Vita. Maybe if I actually see it I'll pick it up.

Bought it day one digitally and don't regret it, it's embarassing to see it at £5 though, the devs deserve all the support and acclaim for this title which for many will be their GOTY.

Son Of D

Well, this is depressing. The general public in the UK really are just a bunch of lowest common denominator idiots nowadays.
Yay for generalisations. I should be surprised at this kind of comment, but based on other GAF posts I've read I'm not to be honest.

RaikuHebi

Banned
To be fair to the generalisation comment, Tearaway probably would've done better in years gone by. The market has definitely become CODified and FIFAified in a way it wasn't in the PS2 days and before.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Damn I don't have a Vita, but I feel like buying. Then again I do pay for PS+, and this looks like a likely candidate.

You really need to get a Vita. Plus will end up paying for the console itself.

I hope you already collected the Vita deals that have happened since you subscribed?

At £5 it's stupid to wait for Plus.

Rainy Dog

I work 5 mins walking distance from my local Tesco but I don't think they sell Vita stuff. Bollocks. I'll pop on at lunchtime anyway, fingers crossed.

PirateKing

Bought it for $37. Finished it in one day. Not a single regret. One of the best handheld and originals ideas in a game to this date. All dem feels at the end man :(

You really need to get a Vita. Plus will end up paying for the console itself.

I hope you already collected the Vita deals that have happened since you subscribed?

At £5 it's stupid to wait for Plus.

Nah I'll probably have a decent backlog by the time I get a Vita, which will probably be by the end of this gen.

I wonder how much is shipping though, as I may end up buying one for a Vita owning friend.

So much for expecting Braverly Default to outsell it this week...
...they were selling a load of DS/3DS games at £5 like Paper Mario Sticker Star,...
Paper Mario was £10 months ago (could not find a copy then) so I'm assuming a lot of that is leftover stock from then (they found some in storage or something).

Hotukdeals will probably ensure I won't get a chance at these sales. Wondering if it is worth checking 1 Tesco store or 3...

Dantis

My nearest Tesco is 15 - 20 minutes away. It seems like a lot of effort to go to if they don't have it. Is there any way to check stock?

red731

My nearest Tesco is 15 - 20 minutes away. It seems like a lot of effort to go to if they don't have it. Is there any way to check stock?

wow :lol

I would and will buy this for Vita when I have one for whatever price they will stick on it.

One thing I will say is in-store deals like these are usually store specific, to the point they get a bad rap on HUKD since there's maybe 2 copies in the entire country at that price. If it's nationwide though, that's damn depressing.

Edit: just read the full quote. Damn. Even more annoying is I think my wife got it for me at full price for Christmas :/

Amir0x

Banned
holy fuck at this price

HOLY FUCK

this is probably the greatest value for a game this new and this good ever :p

I've only bought one physical game for my Vita and that was because it came with it.

But Im getting this. Was waiting to get paid but for a mere. £5 mega bomba!

Dougald

This deal is so good I'd almost go buy it just to own a physical copy, despite having already bought and played through it digitally

Easily the best game the Vita has to offer and should be a system seller in its own right.

decaf

tumblr_mdk4alfMI21qltqg1.gif

Top Bottom