• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Tearaway - £5 @ Tesco

Bah, just went to the tesco's near me (massive one with a huge entertainment & electronics section).

And they don't even have a vita section any more. Has a PS3 & Vita shelf which now just has ps3/ps4 peripherals.

Yes we do. We have discussed this previously :)

Hopefully I will not be living there much longer. Stolen car, people trying to kick my door in, getting our front door locked superglued, racist graffiti on our car, car wing mirror smashed, someone shot about 50 yards from my front door. I think its time to leave.

Isn't that a largely Muslim area or am I thinking of a neighbouring area?

Proudly bought on full price! 19.99! Worth more, IMHO.

Shame. This is one of the best games this year. I hope MM made some ROI on this.

dc89

Well, this is depressing. The general public in the UK really are just a bunch of lowest common denominator idiots nowadays.

FIFA and Call of Doody reign supreme.
The UK can't appreciate good games.

Inb4 some retort. I'm from the UK so I can say this.

dc89

Bummer. My local store (pretty big one) said "oh we don't have any vita games. You download them don't you?"

Well, they're not wrong.

When my brother went to pre-order GTA V at a Tesco he was told "oh this is delayed"

"Nope. It comes out on Tuesday, I'll preorder if I can."

"No I think this is delayed."
"But your display box says September 17 (I think that was the date)"

And it went on and on.

The Cowboy

The nearby Manchester branch to me had 5 copies, will make nice stocking fillers for friends/family who own Vita's.

Thanks TC for the heads up.

I don't own a Vita so I didn't buy it obviously, but why isn't everyone who has one buying one?

You want the truth?

1 - Sony has trained people not to buy first-party games on Vita as they become freebies on PS+ in a few short months

2 - Many people prefer downloadable versions on Vita

3 - Not that many have a Vita in the first place

4 - The art style in this game is a turn-off for a lot of gamers in the Vita's target demographic. Only teh hardcore like GAF will appreciate the style and charm

RoyalFool

Banned

It's especially depressing considering the game is made in the UK.

Went to a few of my local stores, £22 still.

decaf

If anyone could pick up a spare copy for me I'll be your best friend FIVE-ever.

Home in Gibraltar right now D:

Violater

I hated these kind of comments in the PSP days and I hate them now.

Quickest way to show you know nothing of the game beyond it's name. Bravo.

Also I'm sure Media Molecule won't suffer; I can't imagine this game took that much to make, and LittleBigPlanet is a valued franchise to Sony.

Tearaway would not work on PS4. It uses every function of the Vita (touchscreen, backtouch, camera, etc.).

This begging of Vita games to come to PS4 needs to stop. You bought a PS4 for exclusives right?

Then pony up and get a Vita for the exclusives and Remote Play.
Jesus you all need to relax.

Violater

What a wonderful way to respond to a rebuttal. Research before you make posts I guess. You'll come off a lot less abrasive.
Goddamn. Everyone needs to buy this...even if you don't own a Vita...
The OP itself opened the door to the request .
I merely said I would like to experience the game since I will never buy a handheld.
The ones who got up in arms and attacked me for my opinion were abrasive.
I get that "port begging" can be annoying to some, but as its one of the first times I have been even remotely interested in a vita game u can forgive me or not doesn't matter.
Saying I know nothing about the game, or you hate these kinds of comments does nothing to improve any kind of awareness of what the game is about.
Furthermore its just a video game, so yea relax.

Mr-Joker

Banned
It's a shame that there's no Tessco near me that sells game otherwise I would have picked this game up.

Sooo true.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
You want the truth?

1 - Sony has trained people not to buy first-party games on Vita as they become freebies on PS+ in a few short months

2 - Many people prefer downloadable versions on Vita

3 - Not that many have a Vita in the first place

4 - The art style in this game is a turn-off for a lot of gamers in the Vita's target demographic. Only teh hardcore like GAF will appreciate the style and charm

I unfortunately agree with every single one of these, it paints a pretty accurate picture.

Makes me so sad. £5 for Tearaway would be an insult to Media Molecule at any time, but a month after coming out? That's just cold. I was astonished and delighted to get it for $20.

Zutroy

Played this a bit after getting it today. It's incredible! Definitely worth making the effort to try and find it!

Qassim

Got any country that does 'appreciate good games' with evidence from their sales charts?

I think you'll find the UK is fairly typical.

I'd go buy it but I'm very sick :(, timing sucks.

Why so bomba? This game got an 87 on metacritic, which is an amazingly high score, but people aren't buying it? I don't own a Vita so I didn't buy it obviously, but why isn't everyone who has one buying one? This is tragic, especially for a top notch developer.

87 isn't really amazingly high, just high.

And I think it was the demo's fault, it was stupidly boring until you got jump.

They really should have given it from the outset, I can imagine a lot of people not finishing the demo because of it.

That and it has an unconventional art style.

It was released on at a similar time period as PS4/Xbone/Zelda/Mario/CoD/Fifa.

And it's on the Vita.

It has everything it takes to bomb, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised.

PS: Anyone checked the Hounslow asda if they had stock?

BraXzy

God that's so sad. I checked to see if there was any stock at my local but there isn't, I don't even own a Vita.

I wonder if they could get permission to port it over to the PC? Surely with sales that bad it'd be their best bet at this point? I'd pick it up in a hearbeat on Steam for full price.

Bsigg12

I wonder what kind of loss they're taking on it.

That said, damn. I'm waiting until after Christmas to get a Vita to see if I would get one but this sucks for a game with so much character and life. It sends the message that it's a pile of junk, which it truly is not.

panda-zebra

God that's so sad. I checked to see if there was any stock at my local but there isn't, I don't even own a Vita.

I wonder if they could get permission to port it over to the PC? Surely with sales that bad it'd be their best bet at this point? I'd pick it up in a hearbeat on Steam for full price.

And what would you do, stroke the underside of your keyboard to pop your fingers through the screen, or reach around the back of the monitor? :)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Bummer. My local store (pretty big one) said "oh we don't have any vita games.

8f70c6ea.gif

Jokes aside, it's never a good thing when great games do badly. Fingers crossed it'll have legs; I think ICO did very badly too (28,000 copies or something) but I'm sure it must have sold more by now.

Tesco in Coventry (the major Richo) and they had it. Bought two copies, one for my nephew. He's getting a Vita for Xmas so this is perfect stocking filler pricing and an absolute steal.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
WTF picked it up yesterday for £22 from my Tesco

Smurf

Banned
I got the impression that Tearaway was marketed to be a loss leader sort of tech demo for the psuedo-relaunch of the console considering it's been bundled with the vita for no extra cost since it's release.

Top Bottom