• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK GAF: Tearaway - £5 @ Tesco

Atrophis

I'd buy it tonight if my local Tesco stocked Vita. Alas, alas. The good people of Top Valley can't afford such hardware methinks.

Paid full price for this on launch day, no regrets. Excellent game, you owe it to yourself if you own a Vita.

If you don't own a Vita we can't be friends.

Certinty

Probably all gone now.

Not too fussed though as I think it won't take a huge amount of time for it drop to £10 somewhere else though.

Atrophis

Dude. We must live pretty damned close to each other. Muhahahahahaha.

Yes we do. We have discussed this previously :)

Hopefully I will not be living there much longer. Stolen car, people trying to kick my door in, getting our front door locked superglued, racist graffiti on our car, car wing mirror smashed, someone shot about 50 yards from my front door. I think its time to leave.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I won't be able to get to a Tesco until 4.30pm...I doubt there'll be any left by then. :'(

Damn all your worrying has me worried. I'd be shocked if it sells out in my area, it seems like a really esoteric set of circumstances; 1. Have a Vita 2. Browse the internet for deals.

Hopefully I will not be living there much longer. Stolen car, people trying to kick my door in, getting our front door locked superglued, racist graffiti on our car, car wing mirror smashed, someone shot about 50 yards from my front door. I think its time to leave.

Wow, 'Shotingham ain't no joke. I'm sure there are parts of London that there are similar but I'm fortunate to live in a very pleasant, almost countrysideish/ruralish part of the city.

SmokyDave

Oh yeah, we did!

Sorry man, short term memory ain't what it used to be. That definitely sounds like Top Valleh. You should... Tearaway.

RickD

I go past a massive one on my way home from work. I'll pick a couple up for Gaffers if there are still any in stock.

Vashetti

Banned
I wish it were on PS4, makes no sense why all these games are not.
Yes I know they don't want tip cannibalize vita sales but at this point only the developers are suffering.

Tearaway would not work on PS4. It uses every function of the Vita (touchscreen, backtouch, camera, etc.).

This begging of Vita games to come to PS4 needs to stop. You bought a PS4 for exclusives right?

Then pony up and get a Vita for the exclusives and Remote Play.

I wish it were on PS4, makes no sense why all these games are not.
Yes I know they don't want tip cannibalize vita sales but at this point only the developers are suffering.

Quickest way to show you know nothing of the game beyond it's name. Bravo.

Also I'm sure Media Molecule won't suffer; I can't imagine this game took that much to make, and LittleBigPlanet is a valued franchise to Sony.

FranXico

Quickest way to show you know nothing of the game beyond it's name. Bravo.

Also I'm sure Media Molecule won't suffer; I can't imagine this game took that much to make, and LittleBigPlanet is a valued franchise to Sony.

Speaking of LBP on the Vita, that game is also brilliant. Loving it to bits. In some aspects, it is better than the console versions, in my opinion.

Ulumsk

That's a really good deal. I have to echo the download sentiments though. I only buy physical when it's a special edition for Vita or there's some store exclusive preorder shit so I don't really blame retailers like Tesco for not stocking them, though visibility in stores is importart.
Fantastic game though. I think it's in my top 5 this year.

Fabrik

Banned
Not even for £99.99 from HMV and PS Plus? (assuming they still have stock).

I have a PS3 so I'm fine with PS Plus.
Only games I can't get anywhere else are Tearaway and Gravity Rush that really interest me so that's 7 + 12 hours of gameplay?
I'll be sad having a device sitting around with no visibility on original games coming in 2014.

Skeff

None at my local Tesco Extra (Batley - maybe it will save someone the trip) Would have made a nice stocking filler for the girlfriend.

I bought the Tearaway PSV bundle. Completed the game last week. Just went to my local Tesco. They don't sell it. I want to buy a couple more just because Tearaway.

Would Sony still make money on that considering it's £5?
Yes, as Tesco bought it for more than that. Unless Sony have done some sort of deal (sell tearaway for £5 and we'll give you £xxxx of stock) Tesco is the one paying for this (but having an item on the shelf that does not sell costs more money than taking a hit on a few copies of tearaway).

broony

Just been to my local big Tesco (Kingston Park in Newcastle) and they don't stock Vita games. Will buy this over Christamas at full price anyway.

Top Bottom