• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election 2017 |OT2| No Government is better than a bad Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

There are so many figures that are sharpening their daggers right now, it's not funny. Or is it.
Has in-fighting ever been a thing for the Tories? I've seen it happen a lot with left-wing parties (Democrats in the US, Labor in Australia) but not sure I've seen it happen to a right-wing party anywhere.

Commiserations, Huw. Clegg was a talent for your party, I know that's a real loss.

He'll be a big loss during the whole Brexit process, by far and away one of the most qualified and educated MPs on the subject of the EU.

Big hold for Labour in Darlington.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Darlington:

UKIP - 1,180
LABOUR - 22,681
LIB DEM - 1031
CON - 19,401

giphy.gif

gdt

Wait what's going on? I haven't been keeping up all day because of Comey.

Is there progressive hope now?

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Is Phillip Davies the mens rights loser? If so his defeat would be great. He is worthless to the country. I don't like Amber Rudd's politics but she clearly has ability. Id rather she stays and he goes. Or both!

DJKhaled

Has in-fighting ever been a thing for the Tories? I've seen it happen a lot with left-wing parties (Democrats in the US, Labor in Australia) but not sure I've seen it happen to a right-wing party anywhere.

The right wing party in Australia has had massive in fighting for years.

VegiHam

I was very impressed by people in his campaign office but also how lovely people were on the doorstep. Even people who admitted they weren't voting for Labour were perfectly friendly towards us. One guy went off about nuclear weapons but otherwise a really good day. Really hope Chris is returned, everyone working for it today deserves the good news!

Yeah, I vaguely know a couple of his guys and I heard they've worked their arses off. It's a really nice city in general tbf.

I don't know enough about UK politics (American here!), but based on what I heard on what I heard on NPR, this is looking good, right? Like, very good? Exact opposite of the Trump election good?
Not quite. This is shaping up to be the equivalent of the Republicans getting a bloody nose in the mid-terms, but still controlling one or two branches of government.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
from Yougov? BritainElects says it should have been a Tory seat

From YouGov, yeah. Second seat after Basildon they've not hit.

EDIT: Derp, I can't read, was looking at upper end not median.

I don't know enough about UK politics (American here!), but based on what I heard on what I heard on NPR, this is looking good, right? Like, very good? Exact opposite of the Trump election good?

Not exact opposite, I am afraid. That would be Corbyn looking set to 'win'. This is merely the signs that Teresa May and the Conservative's unchecked majority falling apart (by their own doing no less), so any and all damage they can do domestically and with Brexit is minimised, plus it is a HUGE shake in confidence they felt they had months ago.

kess

I wonder if there's going to be some oddity in the UUP/DUP marginals, considering Brexit hits NI more than most.

Lo-Volt

Labour's sources to the BBC are sounding a bit more and more optimistic as the night moves on.

BBC: the exit poll is missing a bit in the north east but the poll is probably not off throughout England.

Meadows

Banned
I think there's a good chance that a Con and DUP pact will take it over 326.

Hot take, you don't want that. That's much worse than a slim Con maj.

Oh, fuck yes. The initial Brexit vote was at least in part an attempt by David Cameron to throw a bone to a rebellious, awkward arm of the Conservatives.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I think there's a good chance that a Con and DUP pact will take it over 326.

Hot take, you don't want that. That's much worse than a slim Con maj.

Honestly, agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom