• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO™;36623149 said:
Thanks. I'll check this out tomorrow.

Too fucking angry right now.
In life, parents cannot be depended on. Nor should they be. It sounds childish, but the satisfaction you get from booking (and completing) your first holiday by yourself is actually great.

Same goes for everything in life that parents have helped you with in the past.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
took of my new black socks and all this blackshit is all over my cream carpet FUCK MAH LIFE!

il need to hoover that in the morning. Why would anyone want to go to the US lol. One of the most boring places on earth. Getting tasered to death for going 1mph over the speed limit.

Fuck that shit.

Cambodia-Beach-2.jpg

I'd love to visit Cambodia.

took of my new black socks and all this blackshit is all over my cream carpet FUCK MAH LIFE!

il need to hoover that in the morning. Why would anyone want to go to the US lol. One of the most boring places on earth. Getting tasered to death for going 1mph over the speed limit.

Fuck that shit.

Cambodia-Beach-2.jpg

I'd love to visit Cambodia.

Didn't go to the coast when I was in Cambodia but saw Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh etc. Found it depressing as fuck, poverty was off the scale. If you've got the money you can allegedly blow up an Aids ridden hooker with a bazooka or a cow if hooker killing isn't your thing.

Lirlond

How can your parents stop you going abroad? I mean, you're a grown ass man.

Edit: I'm with nevasleep, travel about the states, loads of varied scenery.

Nevasleep

CHEEZMO™;36623036 said:
Anyone wanna go to Boston for just under 2 weeks from May 25th?
Organise it yourself! Much more fun.
If I had the money I would.
Don't stay in Boston for two weeks. Make a trip of it!! Start Boston for 2/3nights then move around.....New York, Washington, Philly....maybe even catch a flight somewhere.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
How can your parents stop you going abroad? I mean, you're a grown ass man.

I have literally no idea what I'm doing. Hardly know where to start.
Seeing what options I have open though.

Organise it yourself! Much more fun.
If I had the money I would.
Don't stay in Boston for two weeks. Make a trip of it!! Start Boston for 2/3nights then move around.....New York, Washington, Philly....maybe even catch a flight somewhere.

I'm going there to stay with someone.

Lirlond

CHEEZMO™;36624501 said:
I have literally no idea what I'm doing. Hardly know where to start.
Seeing what options I have open though.

First port of call is your Visa. You'll need a B-2 American Visa.

Second, prices, go to various airline sites and check the prices to the states, London, Manchester, and Glasgow all go to Boston. Go for whatever is cheapest.

After that it's just making sure you bring everything you need. I don't think you need any extra immunisation, but I'd get some form of travel insurance. There's no equivalent to the EHIC iirc, so any hospital trips are out of your pocket. GET INSURANCE.

If you drive you'll need an IDP, but otherwise you're fine.

Bring more money than you think you'll need. Bring entertainment for the plane.

Hixx

Power cuts in the North East coz of the weather, all the lights are flickering. I'm scared... hold me, GAF.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I wanna see some of Manchester and Newcastle too. But those are beautiful pictures.

I'm not going to quote the pics because I really hate it when people do that.

But I just wanted to say that all I thought when I looked at these was what an absolute waste of electricity and energy. I've never understood why commercial buildings insist on having all their lights on at night when no one is there. Climate change anyone? Helloooooo???

Right now that's out of my system, morning UK Gaf! The bitch boss has been leaving me alone the last couple of days, is it possible my breakdown actually did some good? Still looking for another job though.

The Star Wars Xbox arrived yesterday, the bloke absolutely loved it and was super surprised, then spent the whole night playing Forza and wouldn't let me try out the kinect at all. I know it's his present but still.....

You can bet that - for a lot of these buildings - if the lights are still on, there are either still people working, or everyone's done for the day and cleaners are going through.

You should have stood up for yourself and got some time on the thing you bought him, that's not unreasonable!

Kentpaul

The_Big_One-Blackpool.jpg

Going down to blackpool with my homeboys/girls at the end of April. I don't usually leave the north to head across borders into the south but for blackpool i will.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
qUb1A.jpg

Going to have a pie for lunch, there's a fantastic pie shop opened up in town. Hmm, Jalapeño and cheddar sausage rolls today. Decisions.

daviyoung

Banned
Haven't been to Blackpool since I was a wee nipper. I remember it being pretty desolate then, can't imagine it got any better. Locals are friendly though, so there's that.

Kentpaul

MASSIVE PHOTO ALERT

this is 2012 bro, If your still using a 15 inch crt screen then that's on you.

Haven't been to Blackpool since I was a wee nipper. I remember it being pretty desolate then, can't imagine it got any better. Locals are friendly though, so there's that.

The nightlife is pretty lively with so many people visiting from all over the UK.

also the themepark is pretty good as far as theme parks go. (I get afraid when i'm waiting in line for rides)

this food ain't had a fast food discussion in a few days

mcdouble-from-mcdonalds.jpg

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
There's a Krispy Kreme opening in the nearby shopping centre. If we're going to Americanize this country, why don't we have more Taco Bells?

Xun

Don't tempt me to buy a burger Kentpaul.

I always regret my decision after.

Speaking of which, how long has the Quarter Pounder Deluxe with Bacon existed?

mcdonalds-Quarter-Pounder-Deluxe-with-Bacon.png

Don't tempt me to buy a burger Kentpaul.

I always regret my decision after.

Speaking of which, how long has the Quarter Pounder Deluxe with Bacon existed?

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/content/dam/mcdonaldsuk/item/mcdonalds-Quarter-Pounder-Deluxe-with-Bacon.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

They've been doing them for the past few weeks, since they stopped doing the big tasty.

Kentpaul

I'm in the mood for spagball with cheese toast and garlic bread

Food%20Shots%20April%2005%20008.jpgp

I'l get some oven chips for a side dish.

Kentpaul

Fuck that looks tasty.

Nostalgia.

Its so good that i give it my time at least once a week. I tend to always make to much and that means i have to reheat a plate for my breakfast the next day. Win/win situations all round.

We went last week with the little one just for a day out. It's a massive cesspit IMO.

It's even worse on a night out its like there's some sort of cuntcatcher that travels the UK rounding up Our cuntiest cunts, puts them in fancy dress, injects some steroids then throws them into some shitty bar and tells them 'that lo over there said he shaggd your mum'

Seriously it's full of nobs fighting and acting like dicks. My mates are trying to drag me there in June the night befriend mates wedding but I'm fighting it

Meteorain

Damn, those overly huge pics are making me peckish. Lunch is so far away :(

I'd also like to add, working in Edmonton sucks...this place is a shithole!

We went last week with the little one just for a day out. It's a massive cesspit IMO.

It's even worse on a night out its like there's some sort of cuntcatcher that travels the UK rounding up Our cuntiest cunts, puts them in fancy dress, injects some steroids then throws them into some shitty bar and tells them 'that lo over there said he shaggd your mum'

Seriously it's full of nobs fighting and acting like dicks. My mates are trying to drag me there in June the night befriend mates wedding but I'm fighting it

^^^^^^^ This right here. If I never go to Blackpool ever again it'll be far too soon. What a shit tip.

And the "theme park" is also a big pile of turd. Crappiest rides I've ever been on. You want a decent theme park, go to Alton Towers or Thorpe Park.

The Alton Towers hotels are also excellent and get you into the park an hour early the next day, definitely recommended.

Damn, those overly huge pics are making me peckish. Lunch is so far away :(

I'd also like to add, working in Edmonton sucks...this place is a shithole!

:lol Shanktown is shithole of the highest order. I remember when they opened the Ikea there and people were getting stabbed over £35 sofas.

But I just wanted to say that all I thought when I looked at these was what an absolute waste of electricity and energy. I've never understood why commercial buildings insist on having all their lights on at night when no one is there. Climate change anyone? Helloooooo???

I learnt a few years back that the lights on Big Ben go off at midnight - but can be kept on after for a fee. So foreign broadcasters in satellite studios who want it all lit up in the background pay for it.

Meteorain

:lol Shanktown is shithole of the highest order. I remember when they opened the Ikea there and people were getting stabbed over £35 sofas.

I'm tucked away in a random industrial warehouse office....so I'm kinda safe?

As a....not council house person, every time I pass Seven Sisters and get to Tottenham Hale, I half expect to be attacked. Guess the reputation of these places precedes them! I think I am maybe too sheltered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom