• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel I've missed out. :(

In terms of fast food, was it as good as BK burger?
I think so, nothing in McDonald's even comes close to the size of it. They'll probably be back soon enough, I'm pretty sure they've had them as every other promotional burger in the past year or so.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
SPAGHETTI FUCKIN' HOOPS. Gotta be Heinz though, before xmas when I had a fiver to my name I tried Tesco's own spaghetti hoops and you would NOT believe how horrible they are. Ended up throwing it all away and buying Heinz.

However, lunch with the grandparents today, had another Gourmet Burger from 'spoons. Love'em.

Oh yes, it's spaghetti with sausages. Day has been made.
#simplepleasuresofanortherner

Plans for Easter: erm, econometrics and micro economics revision. Maybe an egg or two. Roast on Sunday!

Plans for Easter holiday folks?

I have such a busy weekend, but in a good way.

Tomorrow the bloke and I are going to the Imperial War Museum by Waterloo, then going to do a spot of caching after. Tomorrow night we're at Big Red on Holloway Road for a friends birthday.

Saturday morning the bloke has to work, so I'll be catching up with True Blood and finally checking out the kinect I've not been allowed to play with yet. The afternoon will be spent in ikea (I really love that store), then back to Big Red in the evening for another get together with some different mates.

Sunday we're popping over to the in-laws, then going to the Bull and Vic in Dartford for the Metal to the Masses semi-final which my friend's band is playing in, after that going to Project Mayhem in the Garage, Holloway Road.

Monday my friend has planned some celebrations for her birthday, laser quest in Trocedero then Namco.

Hectic but fun times ahead! Just have to make it through these last few hours in work.....

Yen

Oh yes, it's spaghetti with sausages. Day has been made.
#simplepleasuresofanortherner

Plans for Easter: erm, econometrics and micro economics revision. Maybe an egg or two. Roast on Sunday!

I haven't had spaghetti with sausages since the time it gave me worms. Not cool.

SteveWD40

Easter:

Friday: York for the day / night

Saturday: York till late afternoon, then night in with missus and watch Drive from Lovefilm

Sunday: Mums for dinner with gf, mum and gran

Monday: Turn 32, get spoiled, waited on hand and foot, open pressies and my gf is cooking me a 3 course meal where I got to choose the dishes from a choice of 4 regions. I mixed and matched so it's Thai Fish Cakes to start, Steak with chips and home made Bearnaise sauce and then her home made Tiramisu she learned to make in Florence...

I fucking love that girl :)

Qasiel

Plans for Easter holiday folks?

Working night shifts all over this weekend, starting tonight. Got lots of studying to be occupying my time whilst I'm there though.

Oh, as for Spaghetti/Beans on Toast; put some grated cheese on that stuff and melt it under the grill for the ultimate * on toast experience.

Easter:

Friday: York for the day / night

Saturday: York till late afternoon, then night in with missus and watch Drive from Lovefilm

Sunday: Mums for dinner with gf, mum and gran

Monday: Turn 32, get spoiled, waited on hand and foot, open pressies and my gf is cooking me a 3 course meal where I got to choose the dishes from a choice of 4 regions. I mixed and matched so it's Thai Fish Cakes to start, Steak with chips and home made Bearnaise sauce and then her home made Tiramisu she learned to make in Florence...

I fucking love that girl :)

Love York, the place is great, even if you're just walking around theres plenty to see and do.
Wish I had a DSLR to take into York Minster and Cliffords Tower for some great pictures.

Last time I went in the Minster there were loads of Japanese teenagers pretending to be crucified in a round hall at one end of it. Was pretty funny.

SteveWD40

York is one of my favourite citys, last time we were there we said it was gutting to not be staying over as the eateries looked awesome.

Lirlond

I'm just having dinner at my Aunts. Little brother broke his wrist and fractured his collarbone. Will be hilarious to see him in the two slings.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Be working the Giants games tomorrow and Monday and Town game on Saturday, that's my easter.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm going to practice doing wheelies on my bike. I have to perform at least one in my life before my bones seize up! If the weather's fair, I'll be going up and down the Wolds until I crash, stopping off at country pubs to fill up on pints of hop-based energy drink.
Other things on the agenda:
-Finish watching Breaking Bad
-Prepare a bike frame for spraying
-Teaching myself mySQL and PHP
-Sunday Lunch

SmokyDave

I'm going to practice doing wheelies on my bike. I have to perform at least one in my life before my bones seize up! If the weather's fair, I'll be going up and down the Wolds until I crash, stopping off at country pubs to fill up on pints of hop-based energy drink.
Other things on the agenda:
-Finish watching Breaking Bad
-Prepare a bike frame for spraying
-Teaching myself mySQL and PHP
-Sunday Lunch

So easy. Apply power, throw yourself backwards, find your balance point and feather the back brake just as you approach it.

Also, make sure to strip the bottom bracket out of that old frame before you respray it!

No. Heinze.

1277674144_heinze-camera-punch.gif

Jill Sandwich

It's the throwing myself backwards that hobbles me, I fear scraping the skin off my spine! BUT I HAVE TO OVERCOME THE FEAR.

SmokyDave

It's the throwing myself backwards that hobbles me, I fear scraping the skin off my spine! BUT I HAVE TO OVERCOME THE FEAR.

If shit goes belly up you can just step off the back of the bike. Your balance point is a lot further back than you think. Really though, it's all in the brake usage. Feather it to maintain your angle.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I drove a moped for a few years.

Having to cut my steak bake with a plastic knife. Life's a bitch.

My easter plans are playing mass effect3, working my bicepts/tripects and Maybe a shift at work.

Meadows

Banned
Love York, the place is great, even if you're just walking around theres plenty to see and do.
Wish I had a DSLR to take into York Minster and Cliffords Tower for some great pictures.

Last time I went in the Minster there were loads of Japanese teenagers pretending to be crucified in a round hall at one end of it. Was pretty funny.

York is one of my favourite citys, last time we were there we said it was gutting to not be staying over as the eateries looked awesome.

York is fucking awesome....to visit.

Pro-tip: never live here, it's full of tourists and way too expensive because of London cunts with 2nd homes here fucking up the housing stock (isn't it always the case!).

Betty's is awesome and not actually that expensive. For cheap eats go to Il Paridiso on Walmgate. Fantastic Italian food. Oshibi is good for lunch on the back end of Goodramgate, tell them Matt sent you and I said that they'd get a 10% discount.

Jill Sandwich

I love Betty's. You can't beat it for pinky-out Englishness. I'd love to go to one of those piano evenings but I don't have a house to remortgage. Have you ever been to El Guacho, the Argentinian steakhouse? I hear mixed reports about it.

Meadows

Banned
I love Betty's. You can't beat it for pinky-out Englishness. I'd love to go to one of those piano evenings but I don't have a house to remortgage. Have you ever been to El Guacho, the Argentinian steakhouse? I hear mixed reports about it.

No, never been, sorry.

People should walk along Gillygate too, it's the trendy area of York with some really good independent shops (Tarts and Tid Bits is fucking amazing). I also may or may not live on Gillygate ;)

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
yup, view from my bedroom window in my parent's house in Llandudno just now

YuyGd.jpg

Just took this right now.

There's still quite a bit of snow in areas that are in the shade, like parts of my garden.

Bright sunshine aaallll day has melted most of it though.

Suairyu

Banned
So I'm now employed in the television industry.

I GOT A FUCKING JOB doing something I enjoy in an industry I've always wanted to work in.

Thanks for being there for me during all this, guys.

edit - and The Last Story for Wii arrived from LoveFiLM while I was out. This is the best day ever. Going to be an amazing long weekend.

So I'm now employed in the television industry.

I GOT A FUCKING JOB doing something I enjoy in an industry I've always wanted to work in.

Thanks for being there for me during all this, guys.

edit - and The Last Story for Wii arrived from LoveFiLM while I was out. This is the best day ever. Going to be an amazing long weekend.

FUCK YES! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom