• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Nope, just got my facts wrong as usual.

Anyone been to the Handmade Burger Company? The Blue Cheese & Bacon ones are meaty orgasms.

Went to the one at the MetroCentre. Think I had the blue cheese, whatever it was it was fucking amazing.

Is the big tasty with bacon the best burger maccies have ever done? I think so. Just had one for lunch, they also do wedges in there instead of chips nowadays. It was quality. I bet I'll be on the bog for the rest of the afternoon though.

Any uk-GAF on the piss tonight? I am off into Liverpool city centre for a few ales now that I've been paid finally, hope everyone has a good weekend!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
uIFAz.jpg

Yup.

Coming down really quick. Came out of nowhere too.

Lirlond

It snowed in glasgow last night, must have been heading south, don't worry it was pretty light up here, gone by morning.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The IT Crowd - Okay so it's not current TV, but it's pretty much aimed at the kind of people that read GAF. Not my cup of tea really but really rated (the episode where the Irish guy pretends to be disabled is probably the best thing ever)

I saw that episode for the first time just last night and I was laughing until I could no longer breathe. The bit with Mos at the bar just put me right over the edge.

OK, this is me:

Where do you live: Aldershot, Hants
Where are you from: Aldershot, Hants
University: Surrey Institute
Sports team of choice: Fuck sports
Current political party of choice: Fuck politricks
Barm, batch, cob or bun: I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Bun? That's what I have my bacon in at least...
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Celebrity Wedding Planners? It's jepic! (I don't watch much live TV)
Oasis or Blur: Oasis!

xxczx

Where do you live: Preston
Where are you from: Preston
University: College
Sports team of choice: n/a
Current political party of choice: honestly, i have no idea who is who and what who is for.
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Barm
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Mostly watch American shows but if I have to say, Misfits and Him & Her
Oasis or Blur: Oasis.

Also I'm going to Manchester tomorrow (Dad giving me late Christmas+Birthday money), haven't been in ages and can't remember what's there. Any good places to check out?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Where do you live: Aldershot
Where are you from: London
University: Unseen
Sports team of choice: None
Current political party of choice: None
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Narn
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Earthflight
Oasis or Blur: Iron Maiden

Holy crap, we live in the same shithole of a town! What end are you from? I live near the stadium.

Inversive

Where do you live: Hartlepool
Where are you from: Hartlepool
University:
Sports team of choice: Man united
Current political party of choice: lol politics
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Sherlock was the last i watched and enjoyed.
Oasis or Blur: Florence and the machine

sohois

Where do you live: Northern China currently, previously Reading
Where are you from: Outer London/Surrey, it was right on the border
University: University of Reading
Sports team of choice: Liverpool FC.
Current political party of choice: Voted conservative at the election, don't keep up with it as much now i've left the country
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bun I guess, i've never heard the other options.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Even when i was in England i would rarely watch English TV, the only show i like that currently airs is Harry Hill's TV Burp.

It's strange seeing UK people discussing the strange weather back home, given where i am living now it has not dropped below -15 Celsius since November. Sunny all the time as well, which is bizarre.

SteveWD40

Where do you live: Preston
Where are you from: Preston
University: College
Sports team of choice: n/a
Current political party of choice: honestly, i have no idea who is who and what who is for.
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Barm
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Mostly watch American shows but if I have to say, Misfits and Him & Her

Also I'm going to Manchester tomorrow (Dad giving me late Christmas+Birthday money), haven't been in ages and can't remember what's there. Any good places to check out?

What are you after? Shopping, booze or food?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yup. XLBDC is massive. Sounds like someone has been getting ripped off. :D

If anything the XLBDC is too big, I start to get meat sweats halfway through them, and I feel all clogged up with cheese and beef.

Subway for lyfe yo. Footlong BMT on herb and cheese, lettuce, onion, southwest and mayo. It's kinda pathetic that I walk in and they start getting it ready for me now...

If anything the XLBDC is too big, I start to get meat sweats halfway through them, and I feel all clogged up with cheese and beef.

Subway for lyfe yo. Footlong BMT on herb and cheese, lettuce, onion, southwest and mayo. It's kinda pathetic that I walk in and they start getting it ready for me now...

Change that to a 6 inch with double meat and it'd come quite close to being the best thing they do.

Sup UK GAF

Where do you live: West London
Where are you from: Leicester
University: University of Huddersfield
Sports team of choice: http://www.londonrollergirls.com/...
Current political party of choice: Used to be Lib Dem... :/
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Cob.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: I don't watch much TV. QI, I guess. Come Dine With Me is my guilty (?) pleasure.
Oasis or Blur: Overall, probably Blur.

Come Dine with Me would be shite (and therefore a valid guilty pleasure) if it wasn't for the amazing narrator. His presence makes it golden.

Chinner

Banned
god i've watched so many episodes about come dine with me that im apathetic about life in it's entirety. i mean it's pretty watchable, but it's like smoking ten cigarettes at once.

operon

Where do you live: Belfast.
Where are you from: Galway - ROI
University: Trinity College Dublin.
Sports team of choice: Liverpool.
Current political party of choice: NI politics sucks ass. Am very Anti Tory
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Bap.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: MasterChef
Oasis or Blur: Oasis

TCRS

Banned
Where do you live: Croydon (Surrey, Greater London, whatever, I still don't get it)
Where are you from: Germany
Occupation: part time retail, but afaic unemployed until I find something related to my degree or something half decent full time.
University:
Sports team of choice: /
Current political party of choice: Conservatives.
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Rolls (Schnittbroetchen)
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Motorway Cops (srsly).
Oasis or Blur: Neither.

Xun

Where do you live: Bromley (Kent)
Where are you from: Bromley (Kent)
University: Ravensbourne College
Sports team of choice: McLaren (F1)
Current political party of choice: N/A
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Eh? Cob.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: QI I guess.
Oasis or Blur: Out of the two I'd have to go with Oasis.

Also we've still got to attempt to get a meet-up going, but it never happens... :(

SteveWD40

Shopping!

Selfridges, Harvey Nicks, The nicer end of the Arndale (opposite Selfridges essentially), the strip alongside M&S where some other nice places are (Ted Baker, Reiss). St Annes Sq across the way where French Connection and the like are.

You can' go wrong in that part, it's all the shops you could want within a square mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom