• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 available on PS4 now, PC/XB1 in March

Nice! Very promising indeed. Hopefully we get some more in depth analysis before too long

I'm pretty sure the in-depth analysis is going to be "rock-solid 60fps, but hey look at these port-only bugs we found". This is the same old Marvel we've been playing since 2011.

Needlecrash

So, I downloaded it. The port is solid. Loads quicker than before. Sounds are a little off. Netcode is actually decent, no lag.

Blackage

dead2.gif

Dabanton

Something about his proportions are off. I can't quite put my finger on it. And no comma it's not because I'm used to Street Fighter 4. He looked fine and Super Smash Bros. 4

His head looks wide. I'm sweating waiting on this gameplay vid as all the characters looked pretty bad.

onionfrog

Seems solid. Nothing mind blowing. I noticed some of the sound effects are a bit off. Online is the same as 360 version.
Glad it wasn't just me. Some of the sound effects sound quite different. Frank's plunger attack sounds like it's using a completely wrong sound effect.

NexusCell

Damn, got to get used to doing DP motions on DS4. My Nova and Dante combos keep getting dropped since I'm not always holding diagonal.

oops, sorry for the mistake. i knew it was someone royal haha

No need to be sorry, I'm just being pedantic. :D

The cover and photo in question, in case anyone's curious:
600mags2.jpg

Yes, the artist copied even the wallpaper. :D Or more likely, was running out of time, ran a couple Photoshop filters through it, drew Mags' head on top, and called it a day.

Marvel

could never
It's on the EU store but told me it was in maintenance just as I went to download it lol

Edit: nvm its downloading now

So is this game a good entry point if you never played a MvC game before, or should I just wait for the new one? I'd imagine everyone that will play this will be great and I just would get destroyed.

ZeroX03

Banned
So is this game a good entry point if you never played a MvC game before, or should I just wait for the new one? I'd imagine everyone that will play this will be great and I just would get destroyed.

MvC: Infinite is completely different. However, MvC3 is insanely fun and you should definitely try it out.

Zissou

You'll be destroyed by vets (as with any fighting game that isn't brand new). It's not impossible to learn a game later in it's lifespan, but you have be somebody who can persevere while taking mostly Ls for a while.

Low, as you should always assume for ports to Nintendo platforms (no matter how much indication you get pre-launch that Nintendo cares about third parties this time around).

It's not the entire company hating 3rd parties. It's the people from the company who used to be in charge of running it (being Hiroshi Yamauchi & Satoru Iwata).

MvC: Infinite is completely different. However, MvC3 is insanely fun and you should definitely try it out.

You'll be destroyed by vets (as with any fighting game that isn't brand new). It's not impossible to learn a game later in it's lifespan, but you have be somebody who can persevere while taking mostly Ls for a while.

It's a good place

Alright, might as well try it out at this pricepoint. I'll probably wait for the steam version though. Thanks.

Raitaro

This game is propably not for noobs? When I'm watching Maximillians streams, I can barely keep up.

Same here. Seems like you need superhuman reflexes for this one. In light of that, having only 2 characters in MVC: Infinite might lead to a slightly easier game to get into perhaps due to having less variables. That said, I believe that characters are more similar to each other in UMVC3 in terms of their combos than in the SF series, and that long combo's in general are easier to pull off.

Top Bottom