• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 available on PS4 now, PC/XB1 in March

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Does it include the DLC or is the DLC sold seperately?

Maybe the OP will take a minute to edit the first post with more information rather than fire and forget in a rush to be first.

twisteh

Not played a fighting game since the Tekken games on PS1, but GAF has me all hyped up for this.

Anything a newbie should know before jumping in? Impatiently waiting for it to appear on the store.

Kinsei

Banned
Not played a fighting game since the Tekken games on PS1, but GAF has me all hyped up for this.

Anything a newbie should know before jumping in? Impatiently waiting for it to appear on the store.

There's a mission mode that teaches you some combos.

I may not be new but I totally suck so if you want to fight against someone you can probably beat then feel free to add me on PSN (Kinsei1).

notworksafe

What does this mean?

magneto had a costume from the "house of m" comic that was released, but it was a direct ripoff of a picture of the prince of spain so they got capcom to remove the costume from umvc3 and it hasn't been back since. yes, seriously lol.

The game's button layout is LMHS, which is light, medium, heavy, launcher. 90% of the cast share the basic combo of LMHS in order, holding up to jump after your opponent, and then pressing MMHS. To make it even simpler think of it as ABCD BBCD. If you get that down then you'll have a go-to for any hit you get with almost any character.

GeoNeo

I disagree.

Have fun. :)

what team you thinking of making?! Wonder if you're first ever team ends up being godlike :D

I may not be new but I totally suck so if you want to fight against someone you can probably beat then feel free to add me on PSN (Kinsei1).

I suck at fighting games and will be new to this game, so I'll take you up on that. :)

(not sure which PSN account I'll get it on yet - depends on Canada price compared to UK)

his DLC costume was never released because it upset Spanish royalty

Actually it was released and pulled back, if I remember correctly. But yeah, it apparently looked like a copy of one of Spanish king's attires and that was found to be passe somehow.

Liamario

Banned
magneto had a costume from the "house of m" comic that was released, but it was a direct ripoff of a picture of the prince of spain so they got capcom to remove the costume from umvc3 and it hasn't been back since. yes, seriously lol.
I don't even...

twisteh

Cheers for the replies guys,appreciated. Feel free to add me (from UK if that matters for online) if you want to play a few casual games. PSN: UKtwisteh

Thanks for the offer, have added!

Have fun. :)

what team you thinking of making?! Wonder if you're first ever team ends up being godlike :D

I literally have no idea where to start, will just mess around I guess until I find a team I like :p just hyped to start playing!

so will this mean:

1. The UMvC3 will get a boost in popularity again because of the ports? Talking in tourneys here.

2. Can Capcom officially support this game again? At least until Infinite comes out.

Sheroking

so will this mean:

1. The UMvC3 will get a boost in popularity again because of the ports? Talking in tourneys here.

2. Can Capcom officially support this game again? At least until Infinite comes out.

Yes to both.

There was some vague hinting in my twitter feed about an hour ago that led me to believe that UMVC3 might be part of the 2017 Pro Tour.

Top Bottom