• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

Raw64life said:
Nova, Iron First & Rocket Raccoon over Thanos, Venom or any X-Men and/or female character. Seems like they actually listened to the fans for the Capcom side but then decided to just troll the Marvel side.

The last thing this game needed was more fucking X-Men.

ReiGun

Platy said:
In the first Smash brothers, Mario moves is based on Ryu's ...... so... what are the odds of this Racoon person have moves based on Fox Mcloud ? xD
Level 3 is a Landmaster. Mark my words.

Also not liking no female characters. I was looking forward to them digital Emma Frost titties.

The only characters I'm considering right now from aesthetic point of view are Dr. Strange, Strider and Virgil.

Everyone else looks like poison to me on the looks basis. Ghostrider looks pretty sick though.

sleepykyo

notworksafe said:
1. Hawkeye
2. Ghost Rider
3. Strider
4. Firebrand
5. Dr. Strange
6. Phoenix Wright
7. Vergil
8. Frank West
9. Iron Fist
10. Rocket Raccoon
11. Nemesis
12. Nova

So....that's it? Wow. That was quick.

I can't fap to this. Might pick it up when it hits 20-30 for Ghost Rider, Nemesis, and Iron Fist though.

dat badass

ie1bwA.gif

Raw64life said:
Nova, Iron First & Rocket Raccoon over Thanos, Venom or any X-Men and/or female character. Seems like they actually listened to the fans for the Capcom side but then decided to just troll the Marvel side.

I believe Marvel pushed for these characters that no one has heard of (by this I mean the general population who hasn't read any comic books outside of a copy or two of x-men) for free (actually, profitable) advertising.

Now, they'll have exposed these characters and spike interest in the comic books.

Also, only 10 people would buy Dr. Strange or Iron Fist as DLC but 1000x more will buy Venom or any X-men.

Makes perfect sense for Marvel.

Gravijah

SmithnCo said:
I am hoping for a remix of "cornered." Or a medley.

Has to be Cornered, it would even fit in with the style of the MVC3 music. I can already hear it in my head.

I swear if it isn't Cornered THIS GAME SUX.

No X.... No Venom.... No Psylocke? @_@;; I really hope they actually do DLC this time around... I cant believe Phoenix got in... what the hell???

Besides that, Im feeling Strider. But I am more excited about the added features then anything...

Dehyped...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The only one I think is overkill is Nemesis, since we already have a full 3 person RE team in the game.

Otherwise I'm good with this list and really like the one or two total left field surprises. Characters like that keep the game fresher than just a list of everyone's absolutely most popular picks.

.la1n

Frank West was a given although I really held out hope they would choose the superior Chuck but what ever. Most of those reveals are useless just like the first game but they had me at strider. Rocket Raccoon instead of Squirrel girl? SMH.

edit: Actually now iv'e really let this sink in, even Strider can't save it for me.

evil ways

This morning the roster was full of hype but now with the rest leaked, it's just meh.

Looks like Capcom wants to erase Mega Man from existence.

This is F'n ridiculous. "adding fan requested spectator mode" They knew damn well that should of been in the original but held it out so they could release this shit. I was lucky and dodged the bullet with MvC3 knowing something like this would happen. My advice, skip this one too and pick up Ultimate MvC3 Tournament Edition when they announce it next year.

Fucking Cap-Con...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
spindashing said:
Well, since Capcom is racist, they included Rocket Raccoon.

BADUMTISH

AND HE HAS GUNS TOO! CONSPIRACY!
Watch his Alt be SD Bishop! (-_-;)

The Alt colors for these characters better be ricidulously awesome.

Man, all these dudes... I woulda loved to have seen Jin Saotome (...Mecha Fist?!) VS Iron Fist...

Trite... err... Nick... errr... Phoenix number 2 aughta be fun to see.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I am very pleased and happy with roster list expect nemesis which is came out of no where.

I hope that we will get dlc characters that would include few women characters; such as Roll, Ms. Marvel and etc.

gwarm01

CriterionDog said:
WHERE'S MEGAMAN?
Seriously, he is next to Ryu as Capcom's mascot!

You must have missed that thread. Megaman is DEAD now.

I'm digging Dr. Strange, but WHAT?! Not a single girl? I absolutely have to play as hot babes in fighting games.

Oldschoolgamer said:
I hope Rocket Racoon has something like AVHB. He's pretty good in the Thanos comics.

Still, smh @ no females.

I can't wait to beat down Nemesis for the absolute HELL he put me in, during my recent RE3 run on Hard...
I honestly can't see myself buying the game at the full $40 at all anymore just for this reason. I don't go out of my way to pick females, but I've really been picking them lately for no reason and I wanted more options. Some of these characters look sick and play sick, but wow at the lack of options here.

I can't understand how people can look at me like a weirdo for wanting five females or so when the cast is already overwhelmingly male. This whole situation looks just as weird as the guys who fall head over heels for those moe girl fighting games from japan in my eyes.

N4Us

On one hand, really disappointed how Capcom's handling this release.

On the other, I really want to play Firebrand.

Also where the heck is Strider's Ourbouros.

robot

Shadowlink said:
Maybe, but Captain Commando>C. Viper all day!

Oh you don't have to tell me, but now that the full roster is leaked - I'll take Captain in any form at this point. My favorite VS character by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom