• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - PS4 Edition |OT| Logan's Last Ride

Mesoian

Are people having constant disconnects after matches or are people just quitting out immediately after my matches are over?

Had fun playing this tonight. Still don't have a fucking clue how punishes or defense worKS in this game. Just go wild on offense and hope for the best.

IbukiLordSA

Yes, it's live in South Africa busy downloading now, take an hour to download :(

A bit more expensive than I expected it to be, it's $30 here instead of $25 but worth it. If I could buy $5 or $15 PSN cards I'd have got it on the US store instead.

//DEVIL//

So they didn't change the online at all? That's kinda a deal breaker :(

i find comments like this very funny. less than 24 hours ago people were dreaming of having marvel vs capcom port to the point they would have settled with the PS3 version being on playstation now.

now that there is an actual PS4 version for 25$ only, and people are complaining about the online segment of the game since its actually just a port with a higher resolution image quality.

people always find something to complain about i guess.

Dranakin

No PS3 stick support? I can't buy this then. My BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Fightstick Tournament Limited Edition deserves better.

Man, quite a few audio bugs. Here's what I've found so far:

Frank's air normals make zombie noises and hisses
Iron Fist whispers everything
Sentinel, Rocket Raccoon, and others who have multi-hit supers make different sounds

And I swear a certain combo I'm trying to do doesn't work anymore.

Trace

Banned
Hopefully I can play this sometime and have fun with it :(

Tried to play an online match and immediately got perfected, haven't played it in years and wasn't good at it then.

Nyx

When I had this on the 360 my ass got kicked online so hard, every damn time.

Still bought this version though, cause it's Mahvel.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I barely played this game last-gen but can already tell the audio mix is way off. It just sounds really muted and distilled. Not surprised that GAF Ninjas are also noticing sound bytes being completely wrong in some cases too.

Man, quite a few audio bugs. Here's what I've found so far:

And I swear a certain combo I'm trying to do doesn't work anymore.
For it to be a straight pretty I've also had problems with bnbs I haven't had a problem before with. I chalked it up to controller difference but now I think something may be wonky with the hit of certain dive kicks.

Heh, funny if they JUST patch the audio issues out and nothing else lol

lupinko

The PS3 game suffered from a bunch of frame drops due to enabled v-sync which was to rid the game of tearing. The 360 didn't have v-sync so it did tear but that wasn't much the case usually, so the 360 version had less frame drops. With that it became the defacto version of the game.

But both versions cannot be purchased completely anymore since the dlc has been delisted.

Slaythe

So the netcode...

It's hard to gauge, supposed 4 bars being unplayable and intercontinental connection less laggy.

I think it might be one of those games that require high quality lines and cabled.

Maybe Capcom could actually work this game a little if it sells ?

Something i noticed is audio problems:
-Voices dont echo aafter being KO'd like in the ps3/360 versions (a choice to leave out?) But i noticed it on wesker herald but not dormammu.
-Some assist voice audio is too low to hear and can't make out what they are saying. Ex. Iron fist
-during THC, point character hyper sound effects is slightly louder than the rest
Is anyone else haveing this happen too?

lupinko

So is this another bad port from Capcom a la USFIV?

Outside of the sound issues which should be patched, it's a better than original port. Higher Res, and no frame drops unlike last gen. Faster loading too.

Capcom didn't port Ultra to PS4, Sony hired some ex Backbone Devs to port it.

Scans from a book of assorted art work from all mvc titles. Sketches, development drawings, bios of all mvc character from the titles.
Didn't get a look at everything in it though, nor got the title of it.
Also gallery has stills from the trailer used
in the vita version. Which isnt in this.

Edit:
Can anyone confirm that Galactus mode is still playable? It's not showing up.

Anyone else no what else is in the gallery? Did they put the Mvc3 Cg trailer in this and the whole version of the UMVC 3 3-d picture art trailer?

JJShadow

I'm thinking about buying this one, I'm not a huge fan of fighting games but I'm in the mood for one and well, it's Mahvel

Is it accessible for newcomers/casuals like me?

Tizoc

I'm thinking about buying this one, I'm not a huge fan of fighting games but I'm in the mood for one and well, it's Mahvel

IMO yes. It even has an easy input option for casual mashing fun. If you've got friends or family over, this'd be a decent game to spend time on.
Plus it has Space Tacos~

GeoNeo

I disagree.

You can have a lot of fun at low level playing your friends. If later on you wish to learn the game deeper you have a wealth of videos that can help you out.

Top Bottom