• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers |OT| Retro Salt At Twice The Price!

When playing with classic graphics, I only get the side borders with half the Switch box art and...some kind of instruction poster. There's no way to switch it like the themes in the menus? Maybe I just can't find it.

In replays, it shows the ultra SFII titles like in the pic of choosing the graphics.

I think for arcade mode that is normal, VS mode or online has the lettering on the sides.

radcliff

Still playing this every day. I like to play online for about an hour, fiddle with the sprites in edit mode for a bit, then take my new creation through arcade mode. Easily worth the $40 for me.

kingslunk

Sitting at about 2k PP playing Guile on a pad. I think I could be top 20 if I had stick and could play boxer. Game is not ST but it's ok.

Still playing this every day. I like to play online for about an hour, fiddle with the sprites in edit mode for a bit, then take my new creation through arcade mode. Easily worth the $40 for me.

I really wish you could add a few custom colors to choose from easily instead of just having to pick one to add to the selection screen.

I almost feel kind of bad that I enjoy this game given the price.

It could really benefit from an instant retro filter for the graphics/music and the ability to mix the old and new, much like the Wonder Boy 3 remake.

If someone really knows what they're doing, Akuma/Evil Ryu/Violent Ken are a REAL problem.

Thinking of learning one of them just out of self-defense lol.

Until then, its regular ol' Ken Masters for me.

BizzyBum

I don't mind the dpad on the Pro Controller but can't use it for this game. Analog is okay. I know Hori is making a Switch fightstick but I can't justify the purchase just for this.

Rmagnus

Banned
I don't mind the dpad on the Pro Controller but can't use it for this game. Analog is okay. I know Hori is making a Switch fightstick but I can't justify the purchase just for this.

There's lots of great fighters from neogeo but ya... I am on the same boat as you.

Best thing the game with Sagat last night. The pro controller D-pad is a bit too smooth in texture/slippery for my liking. I find it hard to do dragon punches/fireballs whenever I want, they fail often. Need to get the 8bit Do!

I don't get what the damn issue is with the pro controller. Seems like a design flaw at this point.

It absolutely is. I noticed it in Puyo Tetris. Everyone I've mentioned it to says the same thing. I actually haven't heard one person that says their d-pad works without random up and down presses. So glad I dropped $200 (Canadian) for a pair of these ;P

mebizzle

It absolutely is. I noticed it in Puyo Tetris. Everyone I've mentioned it to says the same thing. I actually haven't heard one person that says their d-pad works without random up and down presses. So glad I dropped $200 (Canadian) for a pair of these ;P

I don't have this issue with mine?

I had issues with my dpad and thought i was alone until I saw this thread. Mine will issue down commands at random while I use left or right.

8bitdo dropping an new bluetooth stick

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVSnR8dn8V8/
19051981_1550899791588362_488156529640341504_n.jpg

Hey everyone this is my first post here and I'm so excited to talk about games with you all!

I actually purchased this game today! However I have it on my kitchen counter wrapped...I know it shouldn't, but the $40 price tag I paid for this still irks me.

Would you guys open it? I feel like I should return it for now.

Hey everyone this is my first post here and I'm so excited to talk about games with you all!

I actually purchased this game today! However I have it on my kitchen counter wrapped...I know it shouldn't, but the $40 price tag I paid for this still irks me.

It's pricey, but it's great. If you can hold out for a sale then sure. I bought my Switch mainly to play a portable SF2 so that was my thing. Plus I got from Amazon Prime at $32 which softened the blow a bit.

It's my 2nd longest played game on the Switch besides BotW tbh. All in all though, it depends on how much you love SF2 or it being 1 of the only online fighters on the Switch besides ARMS. If so, go ahead and open it but if not, there's plenty of other fighters on the Switch you can get for cheaper but without online play like Garou, SamShoIV, etc. You can always trade it back in, get it again in the future for cheaper but the online community might be diminished afterwards. SF2 is my absolute favorite series plus I love adding to my fighting game collection so I bought it without hesitation but I definitely agree with everyone else that it should've been around $15-20. Like the poster above though, I got Amazon Prime so the price doesn't hurt as much at $32.

Codiox

It's pricey, but it's great. If you can hold out for a sale then sure. I bought my Switch mainly to play a portable SF2 so that was my thing. Plus I got from Amazon Prime at $32 which softened the blow a bit.

There are waaay cheaper and better solutions to play SF2 portable...

The Hermit

Is it just me, or has the online population dropped off immensely already?

ARMS happened.

Also there are few people with the console, relatively.

It's my second most played game and I hope Capcom have a great discount later this year when newcomers finally bought their Switches.

With the SNES classic announced and the game being part of that collection is anyone feeling a bit remorseful about the $40 for this.

I still have it on my counter haha ugh capcom why do you do this!

Ninja Dom

With the SNES classic announced and the game being part of that collection is anyone feeling a bit remorseful about the $40 for this.

I still have it on my counter haha ugh capcom why do you do this!

SNES Classicis getting Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting.

With the Street Fighter II series of games the one coming to the SNES Classic is the third in the series. The Switch game is the 7th in the Street Fighter II series.

Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES Classic Mini)
Super Street Fighter II
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD
Ultra Street Fighter II (Switch)

Violent Ken/Evil Ryu/Akuma have kinda taken a little of my enthusiasm away for playing online...i guess i just need to GIT GUD but i hate facing the same guys over and over with normies.

Top Bottom