• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV trailer

sf3-3alex-13.png

I bet only 2% of the posters ever seen this. Lol

I WANT CHARACTER MUSIC SELECT! STOP ANCHORING TO 2ND PLAYER ;-;
Speaking of music I hope they get rid of the change in music when players have ultras stocked or are low on life. I forget that I actually like some of the music in the stages when my lasting impression of them are their highly repetitive endings. I realize it's not something that'll happen though.

vg260

Only Juli and Juni have been playable.
Welcome the new character, DECAPRE.
A mix of Claw and Cammy.

aWxbULz.jpg

This is absolutely the kind of character I'd expect for the apparent level of resources going into this. Model done with swapped parts. Pretty good guess, I'd say.

They should add a Shadaloo Soldier to USF4.

blade-sfstance.gif

Not the same exact one, it just bugs me that Bison has Vega and Balrog, sometimes Sagat, the Dolls, but no actual foot soldiers.

He could be the Stryker of SF.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
They didn't say a brand new character? They said one who hasn't been in an sf or fighting game? That could be a new character or it could be Claire. Do we need a venn diagram in this thread?

Actually, when they made the announcement the dude said exactly those words... "brand new character". Also "never been in Street Fighter before".

Now we can add to that "never been in a fighting game before".

Skilletor

Actually, when they made the announcement the dude said exactly those words... "brand new character". Also "never been in Street Fighter before".

Now we can add to that "never been in a fighting game before".

Brand new character by default would have never been in a fighting game or street fighter. Those modifiers would be redundant. That they keep using them says to me the character is not brand new, only new to fighters.

I WANT CHARACTER MUSIC SELECT! STOP ANCHORING TO 2ND PLAYER ;-;
I hope for SFV everyone at least gets their own song played every time they fight i single player, if not their own stage.

The nameless music was really generic in IV while the theme music tied to characters was pretty good. What a waste that you barley ever heard it.

What if, with those UDON costumes for the 4 SFxT characters, the new character is an original character from one of the UDON Street Fighter comic books?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still rooting for these 3 maybe 4 ideas for the 5th character.

Gouken's daughter
1cb7be679cd4b15274678e3017b71943.jpg

Gouken has a daughter? Thought the dude was inverse.

Still, would be pretty cool if she played like a weird Gouken-Makoto hybrid or something.

Edit: Oops, thanks to notworksafe for the correction.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gouken has a daughter? Thought the dude was inverse.

Still, would be pretty cool if she played like a weird Gouken-Makoto hybrid or something.

For a brief period before they revealed Hakan before Super came out, there was a rumor that the other new character besides Juri would be Gouken's daughter. Completely forgot about that.

so what do you guys think about them updating the challenge mode 'trials'?

they didnt for AE so whats the chance of this?

It was useful for learning character basics, but I won't be upset if I don't see them. Then again, I'm fully expecting them to be neglected again. The entire trials system may be outdated if the new mechanic is something major and offensive, so they would possibly have to update everyone if they went that route.

Isn't that just Rose? Not story wise, presumably a mother or grandmother, but the design.

If I remember correctly from the comic, when Bison splits his soul into good and evil, the good half inhabits this woman's body after he kills her (instead of just materializing into Rose).

But the two fighting moves she uses (shooting those crystals and making her beads tie Bison up) are kind of different from what's in the game already, and having a similar design just makes it more likely (less work, just change the outfit and color scheme on Rose, but with different moves)

Top Bottom