• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

jett

D-Member
alr1ghtstart said:

Does the cash cap gone matter without an increased multiplier anyway? :p You only get about 30k out of 5-0 plunder matches using deposit, in the other objective matches you get nothing no matter what, and deathmatch is a pain with negboosters.

MadraptorMan said:
Is this game's mp region locked? I've got the Japanese version, just hoping to play with NA players at some point.

Nope, you're good to go.

Massa

MadraptorMan said:
Is this game's mp region locked? I've got the Japanese version, just hoping to play with NA players at some point.

What jett said, but keep in mind if you buy DLC it must be from the JP store.

Levi

Banned
Cash is still kinda capped because Objective games don't give you money for kills, and non-objective games end too quickly to really rack up the cash. :/

Combine this with permanent double-cash and we'll talk.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
alr1ghtstart said:
That's pretty good news, but I don't even max out in deathmatch games yet alone Plunder. Maybe if it was double cash it'd be more effective. Still, a step in the right direction although a small step. Also, for some reason I think this is just going to make those kill/death ratio whores even worse and annoying. We'll see.

gdt

Holy bejeezus what a game. I've played 2 1/2 hours of the campaign, and it's been blowing me away. EVERYTHING is improved from UC1 (especially the stealth elements, oh boy stealth rocks in this game), and the visuals are jaw dropping.

Loving the campaign so far, and what a narrative too.

gdt5016 said:
Holy bejeezus what a game. I've played 2 1/2 hours of the campaign, and it's been blowing me away. EVERYTHING is improved from UC1 (especially the stealth elements, oh boy stealth rocks in this game), and the visuals are jaw dropping.

Loving the campaign so far, and what a narrative too.

Bless people like you. Keep playing and commenting back here. It's the closest some of us will get to playing the game for the first time again. I love reading fresh play by play opinions. :D

*Not meant to be sarcastic*

gdt

I've played a ton more. 80% complete/6h 51m. Love love loving it. It'll definitely reside in my "all time" list.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I was able to get this to finally work by deleting all game data, disabling internet, and playing on a dummy profile... but no matter what I do, it will not work on my main profile. Just so disappointing.

I think I've easily spent $100+ on this game now, trying to get it to work... and all the time deleting/downloading/installing/redeleting/redownloading/reinstalling/re-redeleting etc...

fuck.

CozMick

Banned
I bloody love this game and it's multiplayer but for gods sake stop matchmaking me against the Japanese, it ain't good for them or me so why do it?

It just makes me not want to play this game anymore and that makes me sad :(

Melfice7

CozMick said:
I bloody love this game and it's multiplayer but for gods sake stop matchmaking me against the Japanese, it ain't good for them or me so why do it?

yep playing with north/south american and asian players usually makes the mp just not fun

for uncharted 3 if it's still just gonna have matchmaking, please naughty dog do the same that guerrilla does.. the option to choose the region! T_T

gdt

DONE.

What a fucking game experience.

Typical TPS end boss fight though (fight the indestructible bad guy, usually with explosions) I'd hope they go for something a bit different. Pretty much the only complaint I got. Wonderful, wonderful game. One of my favorites. I'll replay UC1 and this soon, maybe over X-Mas break.

Now, lets try the MP!

Melfice7 said:
o_O you're not even trying to get the treasures are you? :p

Don't really care about the treasures honestly. Looking around a room for that stuff kind of breaks the flow. Now, if I see one blinking, I'll go for it.

Kittonwy

Banned
CozMick said:

I see more chinese players, usually I kill them and then they start cursing at me in mandarin, then I tell them I don't fucking understand a word they say.
Indifferent2.gif

South american players tend to be VERY LAGGY, but this is not specific to Uncharted 2.
Indifferent2.gif

So I just started MP for this, anybody have a list of Regular Gaf Players? Or any GAF players who are on a bit? My PSNid is killthem16 if you want to add me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've been having issues in trying to connect to a party with a friend I normally play with frequently. Ever since the Hammers Only Lab finished, whenever he sends an invite, I can't join his party until I reconnect. There's also times where the invite will work, but we can't hear each other on the mic until he hosts a new party and thus begins the problem I stated above where I can't join it until I reconnect. What's up with that?

Another interesting thing happened tonight as well. We were about to start a deathmatch game in The Flooded ruins and it was stuck in the loading screen for everyone. Here's the thing...while it was stuck in the loading screen, the background would glitch every few seconds. Really weird shit.

Chaplain

The Lab is live:

2010-11-23-Plunder-Snipers-Only.png

This episode of “The Lab” features is Plunder – Snipers Only. All players are only equipped with the Dragon Sniper, initially loaded up with 8 rounds of ammo – and no pistols and no grenades whatsoever. There will be Dragon Sniper weapon pick-ups littered around all the maps to help you refresh ammo as you deplete your supply during the match.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Sweet news. I think this one could be fun. We'll see. I'll come back with impressions later on the night once I've played a few matches.

woodypop

Quick question:

I saw a new copy of the game (non-GOTY edition) for $20. Should I pick it up?

I never played the first one, either. Thanks!

ZeroRay

woodypop said:
Quick question:

Pick up both. You won't regret it.

Although you don't need to play the first to enjoy the second.

woodypop said:
Quick question:

Yes. I played through both for the first time last week, and they are both incredible. You don't miss much skipping to the second game, short of a few pretty small in-jokes. It's worth it at any price, but $20 is a steal.

jett

D-Member
woodypop said:
Quick question:

Fuck yeah you should. I'd consider the first one too.

woodypop

Thanks, guys! I hesitated, because it's not the GOTY edition, but I'm not a multiplayer kind of guy, anyway. So no big loss there. (And I guess I can buy that content later if I decide to.)

Back to Target I go! :lol

EDIT: Uncharted 2 get! :D

jett

D-Member
This lab is REALLY fun, also prime for grinding levels. Just got 45 kills in a game. :lol Gonna be turning on negboosters for this one...

edit: nm forgot money from kills are nerfed in plunder, oh well. :p

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Sorry, but I don't see what's so great about this lab at all. In fact, this is one of the worst labs they've ever come up with. Not only does this encourage people to camp throughout the whole fucking match, but nobody has the balls to get the treasure in fear of getting sniped. Regular Plunder is bad enough, but this one makes it 100x worse. They should have made this regular deathmatch Snipers only because it does NOT work for Plunder. It's like all the matches were taking place in The Fort where everyone just stays in one fucking place for the whole match. I played about 8 matches of it to see if it would get better with other groups of people, but it was the same shit for all 8 matches.

At least with Pistols Only Plunder, people would move around the whole map because people can't aim for shit in long distances. In this one, people can stay far away and just snipe away. Get the drift?

I'm against this lab. Nothing was fun about it. There was so much lag too and a shitload of people using Situational Awareness...which is a recipe for disaster. Avoid, please.

woodypop said:
EDIT: Uncharted 2 get! :D
Congratulations. Enjoy one of the best game this generation has to offer.

Kittonwy

Banned
jett said:
This lab is REALLY fun, also prime for grinding levels. Just got 45 kills in a game. :lol Gonna be turning on negboosters for this one...

edit: nm forgot money from kills are nerfed in plunder, oh well. :p

Dammit why u dropped out in the middle of teh match.
angry.gif

This lab is pretty sweet though.
Indifferent2.gif

I was doing well in one lab match by defending my allies, but I got a connection error. However, that flaw was redeemed in a later game in which I got 2-3/5 treasures captured and on the final one barely defeated the fat Lazarevic and picked up the treasure to put it away for the final point.

Chubby Drake pumped it so hard that night....

Also, I finally beat the game. Very nice game, and I enjoyed it a lot more than the first. I'm not too far from a platinum trophy, which is nice.

btkadams

ive decided i want to play this game again. i actually barely even touched the multiplayer. is it worth jumping into now? are there a lot of people playing? what about the dlc, did enough people buy it that it would be worth buying?

I'm really enjoying this lab. I'm getting a lot better with the sniper. I'll never reach level 60 so it's a nice consolation prize to play with Doughnut Drake and Lazarevic skins.

jett

D-Member
Kittonwy said:
Dammit why u dropped out in the middle of teh match.
angry.gif

This lab is pretty sweet though.
Indifferent2.gif

Yeah sorry man, started having issues with my connection.

btkadams said:
ive decided i want to play this game again. i actually barely even touched the multiplayer. is it worth jumping into now? are there a lot of people playing? what about the dlc, did enough people buy it that it would be worth buying?

Lots of people have the DLC, I think there's an average of 50k daily players. It's a relatively health community really.

Wowbagger

jett said:
I think there's an average of 50k daily players. It's a relatively health community really.

Closer to 40K these days. Still, not hard to find a match. Just gotta have a high tolerance for lag.

Levi

Banned
Had a nice long session in UC2 multiplayer. Had tons of fun, probably because I resigned myself to dying for stupid reasons and mainly focused on fucking around with the people in my party.

Kittonwy

Banned
VsRobot said:
Had a nice long session in UC2 multiplayer. Had tons of fun, probably because I resigned myself to dying for stupid reasons and mainly focused on fucking around with the people in my party.

By the time I got on tonight I didn't see you online, I soloed for a few hours, the game REALLY CLICKS when you find a good party to play with, playing with an inexperienced party in objective games against a good team on the other side can be pretty brutal.
Indifferent2.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I used to carry bitches in online but I got tired of being the best dude on the team after awhile

I wish I had stuck with this game since it t'was one of the rare games that clicked with me, when I was on fire bitches would be shedding tears, I would destroy shit.

Epix

Playing back through this again. God this game is good. I love just walking through the village. On a side note: I just now realized that you can use triangle to shake hands with people, make faces at kids, wave etc. Great game.

I'm one trophy away from a platinum (which has been pretty easy so far). However, I'm sure crushing will give me some trouble.

By the way, would any of you care to swap PSN names so we could play online? One of the reasons I bought U2 was the fact that my friend and I finally could play a game together. Of course, the one time we try it the party system was not working. Anyway, I'd really like to play with some of you instead of going solo. Plus, maybe I could get a little better.

Top Bottom