• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves |OT2|

Kirous

Neo Member
I got from almost level 73 to level 80 during this event. Bleach also got to level 80. Now I don't have to use negative boosters anymore. :D

I also want to thank all the gaffers who I've played with who helped me get there. Fun times indeed. Special thanks to DerekS and everlong416. I've played with you almost every day, and you guys always happily let me get a couple of extra kills. :)

Wowbagger, you better not quit playing this game. We still need to play those co-ops on crushing with just the two of us like we planned. And for some plunder ownage.

I will definitely keep playing the mp, but now I'm also going to start playing some other games.

Darkatomz

Yeah forget it. I'm heading back to Dead Nation and catching up on my library a little bit unless if I get bored. UC2 is still fun and all, but playing for money when cash is earned so slowly is just not going to happen.

Kittonwy

Banned
50k ppl playing today wow.
KlintIndifference.gif

Spwn

Bought the two multiplayer DLC's for U2 today, and my copy hasn't even arrived yet. I hope the community stays strong in 2011. :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Spwn said:
Bought the two multiplayer DLC's for U2 today, and my copy hasn't even arrived yet. I hope the community stays strong in 2011. :)
The community is still going pretty strong and lots of people have the DLC. I think it will be fine in 2011.

And yeah yesterday night there was a pool of 48k players. I haven't played today, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was 50k.

Haha @ Doughnut Drake. Tell your friend he did a nice job!

You guys know what's the most hilarious thing ever? When you have one person talking shit on the mic and you completely destroy him and he remains quiet for the rest of the match. :lol you even call him out and he remains silent. Best. Thing. Ever.

Jme

booo... i missed out on all but one short night of the extra cash event :(

work has been killer busy lately...
i really want to hit 60 before UC3 drops, but without cash events like this, and with the amount of time i have available to play, i am not convinced I can do it (I'm level 56... maybe I'm being pessimistic, it's only 4 levels...)

aasoncott

It's been a long, long time since I've played MP -- since before the first DLC hit. Hyped up over the Uncharted 3 trailer, decided to dip back in with some co-op. Great times, though on my last game I played with some griefers who both kept genading the other two players then standing idly beside them to see how close they could cut it hitting triangle. I'll never understand what makes people grief.

Anyway, I decided to jump back into a couple rounds of objective play -- I'm really, really rusty, but I remembered having a great time at launch -- but I after ten minutes I still couldn't find a game. Is it because of my lack of DLC? Would I have an easier time finding games if I bought one, or both, of the MP packs?

Replaying the single player game again on normal difficulty. Can't tell the difference between normal and hard. My first playthroughs were on hard and crushing. Seems like Drake is just as fragile and the enemies just as aggressive.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
aasoncott said:
Anyway, I decided to jump back into a couple rounds of objective play -- I'm really, really rusty, but I remembered having a great time at launch -- but I after ten minutes I still couldn't find a game. Is it because of my lack of DLC? Would I have an easier time finding games if I bought one, or both, of the MP packs?
Objective play? Like Plunder/King of the Hill/Rockets Only/etc? I've purchased all the DLC and I have no problems picking up a game the majority of the time and I play mostly at nights. Since I have the DLC, I have the "DLC" option selected in the online menu profile screen (you press square to access it). I actually haven't deselected it to see if I can still pick up games easily, but I'll give it a shot one of these days and report back. There was this time where I was playing some deathmatch games with a friend who didn't have the DLC and I still picked up full rooms pretty quickly. Maybe try deathmatch instead of the objective ones?

If you're going to be coming back to the online multiplayer, I highly suggest buying the two map packs. They're worth it, IMO. You don't have to get the skins, but the maps themselves are gorgeous and very fun to play. Most of the online community have them so it's not hard to pick up games.

aasoncott

Rewrite said:
Objective play? Like Plunder/King of the Hill/Rockets Only/etc? I've purchased all the DLC and I have no problems picking up a game the majority of the time and I play mostly at nights. Since I have the DLC, I have the "DLC" option selected in the online menu profile screen (you press square to access it). I actually haven't deselected it to see if I can still pick up games easily, but I'll give it a shot one of these days and report back. There was this time where I was playing some deathmatch games with a friend who didn't have the DLC and I still picked up full rooms pretty quickly. Maybe try deathmatch instead of the objective ones?

If you're going to be coming back to the online multiplayer, I highly suggest buying the two map packs. They're worth it, IMO. You don't have to get the skins, but the maps themselves are gorgeous and very fun to play. Most of the online community have them so it's not hard to pick up games.

Yeah, I might as well pick up the DLC while it's cheap. I'm a little nervous about coming back, though -- I have a habit of playing multiplayer religiously during a game's honeymoon phase, and then bailing out completely the moment the griefers and overly-serious players appear. The Uncharted community seemed nice, though. Hopefully people don't complain when they find a really, really awful level 16 on their team :)

Oh, one more questions: DTI and Fleet Foot. Will people get pissed at me? I really, really suck at multiplayer, so I can't see it making a difference, but I seem to recall people raging at the combination back in the day.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I hate that combination. Hate it. It really gives the people who have them equipped an unfair advantage over other people since Fleet Foot is like you're running while aiming and DTI is like aim assist for long range weapons. Regardless of that though, I don't see a problem with low level players using them to get used to aiming. High level players use that shit all the time thinking they're good players. I just pistol whip them ;D. Learn how to aim with the pistol as it's the deadliest weapon in the game. Fuck long range weapons.

Rewrite said:
I hate that combination. Hate it. It really gives the people who have them equipped an unfair advantage over other people since Fleet Foot is like you're running while aiming and DTI is like aim assist for long range weapons. Regardless of that though, I don't see a problem with low level players using them to get used to aiming. High level players use that shit all the time thinking they're good players. I just pistol whip them ;D. Learn how to aim with the pistol as it's the deadliest weapon in the game. Fuck long range weapons.

Pistol is great, even at a distance. You don't stand much of a chance in the open against shottys or automatic weapons, but if you use your surroundings wisely then it's pretty good. I love getting tricky medals.

Greyvvolf

The Golden Guns that were only available if you pre-ordered the game are on the PlayStation Store right now for $1.99. I'm glad Naughty Dog did this. I bought the game the day it came out, but didn't get a chance to pre-order it, and have all the DLC up to this point. It's good that people with similiar situations like me were given the chance to get the Golden Guns too.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
RadioHeadAche said:
Pistol is great, even at a distance. You don't stand much of a chance in the open against shottys or automatic weapons, but if you use your surroundings wisely then it's pretty good. I love getting tricky medals.
You still stand a chance against players who are chasing you with shotguns. You just gotta make sure you have some distance and a few shots will kill them. You're pretty fucked with the hammer/rocket though, unless you somehow can dodge them on time.

So Naughty Dog did end up releasing the pre-order bonus as DLC eh? I'm curious to see if it's actually going to sell. I'm not going to buy it, but it's cool that people who missed out on the pre-order bonus can get it now if they really wanted it.

I caught a cheater tonight. His user name is UVER-infinity.

It happened in The Village map. After a certain point, he must have used some glitch or cheat and placed himself in one of the buildings (which made him invincible), and shot at players through walls. I got killed once by him and then I saw another teammate die while standing by the wall attempting to shoot him, or something. The worst part is that I don't have video evidence because of a host migration, and he did it after that happened.

Darkatomz

WTF. I was sent a few pool cues and a carrying case instead of the 2.0 headset I've been needing... Looks like no chat for me for a little while longer :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
4x cash multiplier for all those 12 days? Fuck yeah, baby! Also The Best of The Lab is making a return...I wonder what events they're bringing back. Let it be 12 days of Pistol Only Plunder please...oh and Hammers Only.

Spwn

So I finally started playing it and played for three hours straight. Loving the game so far and going to test the multiplayer this weekend. Too bad I'm not around during the special event.

Playing on hard as I found the first game to be incredibly fun on that difficulty. Couldn't stop laughing at the opening scenario as I couldn't stop thinking "Man, what a lousy day he's having". :lol

TripOpt55

Cool, I'll definitely get to the next level during the next event. I'm pretty close now. Hopefully I get to try some of those Lab types I missed.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Kittonwy said:
Pistol-only plunder needs to be the only type of plunder.
angry.gif
While I'd love this to come true, I still kind of enjoy getting some kills with the rocket launcher or hammer in regular Plunder when you're playing with people who do the objective. However, since that rarely happens, nothing would please me than to force people to use pistols so that they can't camp at far away places where they wouldn't be able to accurately aim at you. It would be nice to have it as a separate playlist as I'm curious to see whether or not people will actually prefer pistols only over regular Plunder.

Manus

Anyone still playing this online? It takes me a while to find a full lobby. I just got the GOTY and want to play some online.

d0c_zaius

There will be another "play with devs" event over the holidays.

If people are looking to play some games with/against some NDI employees, I'll post the times and names when they are available.

feel

I'm in the middle of a UC3-hype-fueled replay of UC2, in the part where Drake is following Tanzin around in the ice caves.. this game is just SO GOOD

VsRobot said:
Team:

[rara]
[oola]
[lah]
[gaga]

is by far the fiercest group of warriors to ever cap a Plunder treasure.

hell yeah, finally bumped at my time.

Fantastic games everyone, also kitton: Lady Gaga is not a [MILF].

Count me in for those vs. Naughty dog games d0c.

Darkatomz

YES! I'll definitely be on when I have time to kill during the day once the event goes live. Damn it ND, you're keeping me from finishing my games :/

I had to reorder the god damn headset just today. The damn 3rd party vendor for Amazon wanted the pony pool cues back and they didn't have any headsets...

Oh, I was in a Borders a few hours ago that was going out of business. Wasn't even the one who wanted to stop in, but I actually found the OST for UC2 when browsing. Was all over it at 40% off! Would have paid full price regardless though if an impulse situation came up.

Karish

Just got a PS3 and rented this game. What amazing multiplayer.... I had no idea.

Please add me to your friends list, i have no PSN friends.

PSN ID: OnTheRochks

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So a couple of moths ago my 60Gb PS3 died because of the famous YLOD.

So I bought a new PS3 and logically I lost all my save files, but now I want to beat the Crushing difficulty, is there a way to do this without needing to beat the hard difficulty first?

jett

D-Member
Kingsora said:
So a couple of moths ago my 60Gb PS3 died because of the famous YLOD.

So I bought a new PS3 and logically I lost all my save files, but now I want to beat the Crushing difficulty, is there a way to do this without needing to beat the hard difficulty first?

You have to beat the game once for it to unlock.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
jett said:
You have to beat the game once for it to unlock.
Yes I know, but I thought and hoped if it was possible to get a save game from the internet to play crushing (considering I already have the beat the game on hard Trophy..)

Archer

Blakero said:
Just got a PS3 and rented this game. What amazing multiplayer.... I had no idea.

Please add me to your friends list, i have no PSN friends.

PSN ID: OnTheRochks

Cool. DrOwnage here.

Chaplain

Live now: Best Of… The Lab - Holiday Event

2010-10-05-The-Best-of-The-Lab.png

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/reminder_best_of_the_lab_holiday_event/

Before we take off, we have one final episode of “The Lab” for 2010. We’re running “The Lab” for an entire twelve days over the holiday, starting tomorrow, December 22, and ending just after the 2011 starts on January 3. “The Lab” will be running a rotating list of playlists culled from past favorites, similar to the “Best of…” playlist from our anniversary event – but with a built-in holiday treat: 4x Cash for the entire twelve days.

The “Best of…” gametype variations in our Holiday Event are:

* Shotguns Only
* Plunder Pistols Only
* No Power Weapons
* Desert-5 Shootout
* Deathmatch – No Boosters

The active maps for “The Lab” Holiday Event are:

* The Lost City
* The Plaza
* The Sanctuary
* The Temple

I just completed this game and posted my thoughts in the User Review Thread (post #442). Overall I was extremely impressed with everything from the story, characters, platforming and graphics to the pacing and variation but I was disappointed with the repetitive and lengthy combat, basic and hand holding "puzzles" and glitches.

I'm surprised more hasn't been said about the combat being so repetitive and the game having some wild and frequent glitches. I hear how amazing the game is everywhere but never heard about it's shortcomings. So much hype. I loved it anyway.

Bring on Uncharted 3!

Top Bottom