• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
SiegfriedFM said:
Also, Naughty Dog should totally go out of business and seed their people to other studios to create awesomeness everywhere.

Such a shame that insulting people is a bannable offense.

ezekial45

Banned
aeolist said:
The goddamned
yetis
are fucking ridiculous.

Naughty Dog fixed almost every other problem from the first game, why couldn't they leave out the
nonhuman enemies
this time? It's seriously obnoxious.

Keep playing.

aeolist

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Keep playing.
I don't know if I want to at this point, I just died to them about 10 times on Easy.

How do you people play on the harder difficulty levels? I'd be pulling my fucking hair out.

Now I know why everyone was saying "holy shit", I just got to
the part where you're walking through the town in the mountains with Tenzin
, and the only thing I can say was holy shit. I've never seen graphics like that, so colorful, bright and alive. Naughty Dog knew it too because they just let you stroll through to take in the sights and interact with the people. Unbelievable. This whole game is just in another league.

About glitches, I did have one where I fell into the floor and got stuck so I had to start the checkpoint again. Other than that it's been pretty smooth so far.

aeolist said:
The goddamned
yetis
are fucking ridiculous.

Naughty Dog fixed almost every other problem from the first game, why couldn't they leave out the
nonhuman enemies
this time? It's seriously obnoxious.
totally disagree. It's part of what made Uncharted. It's would get boring by the end of the game if that weren't in there. That was the moment and sealed Uncharted 1 as bad ass for me.

BobTheFork said:
totally disagree. It's part of what made Uncharted. It's would get boring by the end of the game if that weren't in there. That was the moment and sealed Uncharted 1 as bad ass for me.

Agreed. This aspect in both of the games made them better for me. Added some diversity and color to an already
supernatural
adventure franchise.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
aeolist said:
I don't know if I want to at this point, I just died to them about 10 times on Easy.

How do you people play on the harder difficulty levels? I'd be pulling my fucking hair out.

easy? you are taking cover and shooting them right?

Is hand-to-hand combat any more difficult on Hard or Crushing? I wish the melee was more timing based, particularly when using the Triangle button to dodge. Currently when they're about to punch me I just tap away at the tri-button.

If anyone here has HD capture equipment, they REALLY, REALLY need to capture chapter 16, "Where am I" and chapter 20 "Convoy." The graphics in those chapters simply deserve better than offscreen camera shots...

aeolist

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
easy? you are taking cover and shooting them right?
Actually I just got past them by
jumping up and down from the ledges over and over while the other dude shot at them. Good thing it was just a timed event too.

Then a WHOA moment and then fighting the yetis again with different skins and crossbows. Died another 10 times and turned the PS3 off, it isn't worth this.

Trick_GSF

Banned
Anyone see the scene where
towards the end of the game when you and Flynn are sent to sort out the bridge for Lazarevic, if you try and punch Harry, he'll dodge, and knock you to the ground, if you try it again, he'll do the same, but this time shot and kill you while you're on the floor screaming "You son of a bitch!"

Thought it was pretty cool. I wanted to punch him for calling Sully a "Tired old sack of shit" And for backstabbing Drake of course.

Prezhulio

Trick_GSF said:
towards the end of the game when you and Flynn are sent to sort out the bridge for Lazarevic, if you try and punch Harry, he'll dodge, and knock you to the ground, if you try it again, he'll do the same, but this time shot and kill you while you're on the floor screaming "You son of a bitch!"

Thought it was pretty cool. I wanted to punch him for calling Sully a "Tired old sack of shit" And for backstabbing Drake of course.

yeah haha i thought that was pretty cool.

Hey Arne, when you guys get back to work, do me a favor (lulz) and pitch this PSN idea

Unfastened: Sully's Fortune
Secret of the Spinner

And see my idea for the cereal tie-in would fly.

Violater

Ok Just beat the game, awesome stuff, now which is the best way to go for the crushing trophy, new game and keep treasures and medals? or just replay the chapters on crushing?

Silent Death

lemme get one or two licks
Trick_GSF said:

Yeah I laughed at that too.

jett

D-Member
BobTheFork said:
Hey Arne, when you guys get back to work, do me a favor (lulz) and pitch this PSN idea

Unfastened: Sully's Fortune
Secret of the Spinner

And see my idea for the cereal tie-in would fly.

Unrelated, but an Uncharted prequel with a young Sully would be the best thing ever.

Two questions. First of all do you know if I'm going to be able to unlock crushing if I use cheats on hard? I know I'm not going to get trophy, but I might get it when I beat crushing. And also does anyone know what is up with that stupid amazon preorder map? Does it really have only 6 treasures or is it tied to the save or something...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Did naughty dog acknowledge any issues with connections dropping randomly during online games, especially coop? I'm getting quite a few lately. To the point that it's almost impossible to finish a coop game.

MrPliskin

Banned
Kittonwy said:
The difference is MGS is a stealth series, and PUNISHES you if you don't use stealth properly by flooding the level with enemies, Uncharted 2 is an action game and REWARDS you if you manage to pull off stealth by taking down every enemy in a level. Uncharted 2's execution of action stealth is relatively easy to do, that it keeps the gameplay brisk and enjoyable.

I'm fairly certain that there are area's in Uncharted 2 that will punish you for not using stealth by flooding the level with enemies...

Also...doesn't MGS reward you if you manage to pull of stealth by taking down every enemy in a level...by not setting off alarms and flooding the level with enemies?

If there is one complaint I have about the game, its the online. I was just playing with TTP and we got to round 8 in a co-op arena... we both had about 100,000 points, and we got a connection error. It had some truly epic moments, near death experiences and amazing coordination, and what do we get for all that?

A connection error and zero reward. Frustrating as fuck.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
roman2003h said:
Two questions. First of all do you know if I'm going to be able to unlock crushing if I use cheats on hard? I know I'm not going to get trophy, but I might get it when I beat crushing. And also does anyone know what is up with that stupid amazon preorder map? Does it really have only 6 treasures or is it tied to the save or something...

I used the "cheats" to get my last trophies no prob. Was actually very handy for getting weapon specific trophies.

jett said:
Unrelated, but an Uncharted prequel with a young Sully would be the best thing ever.
Well, since they have largely swooped over Drake's "origin" (bad choice of words) I would love to see how he met Sully and MAybe play a bit as Sully. It's obvious that Victor is/was a father figure to Nathan, so that would be cool. I was always really hoping for some kind of DLC that would let you play Sully's parts of UC1 or 2

BobTheFork said:
Well, since they have largely swooped over Drake's "origin" (bad choice of words) I would love to see how he met Sully and MAybe play a bit as Sully. It's obvious that Victor is/was a father figure to Nathan, so that would be cool. I was always really hoping for some kind of DLC that would let you play Sully's parts of UC1 or 2

I was so worried that they were going to kill off Sully while they were in Borneo. So glad that didn't happen.

brandonh83 said:
I was so worried that they were going to kill off Sully while they were in Borneo. So glad that didn't happen.
I honestly never thought that would happen, not after
he survived the first game. I didn't even know he would be in the game for a long time, so I really liked how they handled him appearing but not being central to the story. His little speech, 'I'm not doing this shit again, I'm going somewhere warm' was perfect

Zophar

I finished it last night and I've been in awe ever since first firing it up. Uncharted 2 is this generation's Resident Evil 4. It really is.

Ploid 3.0

BobTheFork said:

I know, what is it with people and their total fear of having something in Uncharted that might not be realistic? The thing I thought when I got to the fast zombie like creatures in Uncharted was, "Wow finally enemies with speed and agility! Bring it on!" It woke me up, and added something totally different to the game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Zophar said:
I finished it last night and I've been in awe ever since first firing it up. Uncharted 2 is this generation's Resident Evil 4. It really is.
personally, I wouldn't quite go that far yet. I'm going to see how it holds up over time before I say anything too crazy. :lol

Rez said:
personally, I wouldn't quite go that far yet. I'm going to see how it holds up over time before I say anything too crazy. :lol

He didnt say anything crazy. He's waiting to see how it holds up before calling it the best game of all time. :D

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
great news! it was the disc so i've had it replaced and im finally playing the game!

please tell me there isnt much more to this stealth stuff. ;_;

aeolist

Banned
Some people here are getting the wrong idea about what I said.

I'm not against the nonhuman enemies because they're unrealistic. That doesn't really bother me at all.

I disliked them in the first game because they were bullet sponges that did nothing but run straight at you and melee attack.

I don't like them in this one (even though they're technically human) because they're bullet sponges that can kill you with two punches, run faster than you, can't be dodged with a roll, and take forever to kill.

And now they're coming at me with grenades and crossbows, which makes it even worse. I dislike them because they've made the game frustrating and uninteresting, not because they're not believable.

jett

D-Member
Pandaman said:
great news! it was the disc so i've had it replaced and im finally playing the game!

please tell me there isnt much more to this stealth stuff. ;_;

The only part it's forced on you is the one you're playing now. Stealth is 100% optional for the rest of the game.

Kittonwy

Banned
Irish said:
Great Games Guys and Kittons.

GG.
KlintIndifference.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom