• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Mully said:
Do you guys think Naughty Dog is going to drop this franchise after this generation like they did with Crash, and Jak?

If anything, there would at least have to be a third game before the legacy ends.

AND NO I WILL NOT MAKE AN UNCHARTED KART RACER JOKE

IJoel

Joining the choir...

I'm currently on chapter 22 and this game is, so far, one of my favorites of this generation of consoles. For what it's worth, I didn't see the big deal with the first Uncharted. I thought it was overrated (pretty good game though).

End the series as a trilogy then start on a brand new franchise. I don't want Naughty Dog to end up like Bungie where they're stuck on the Halo franchise and become so disenchanted that they break away into their own LLC. Can't imagine what awesome stuff ND comes up with next. I wouldn't mind a new Jak though...

meppi

clashfan said:
GOTY should not go to platform exclusives.
2zr3ya1.jpg

McLovin

clashfan said:
GOTY should not go to platform exclusives.
Wait aren't you that guy that was hating on the PS3 slim? I believe you said something like "MS doesn't need a slim gimmick to sell consoles".. or something like that :/

I'm only on Chapter 9 and after completey the last chapter that had the
pit with the lowering spiked ceiling
this is my Game of Forever. My inner Indiana Jones squealed like a kid in a candy store.

Nothing compares this is gaming experience. Nothing.

Norml

Prezhulio said:
GETTING REALLLL tired of people quiting coop sessions after 15 minutes and not getting shit because of it.

That really does suck. I hate when it will be one guy who is off on his own then gets killed because of it and quits.

womfalcs3

Banned
I was only planning to play the game for an hour today, but I ended up going 3.5 hours in. I gotta control this. Can't do this everyday.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Why would that be bad? They'd have more control and wouldn't be locked to one platform.

Because as an admitted Sony fanboy and a single console owner, I'd want them to focus on a single architecture so that they aren't spread too thin in trying to make a game work across multiple platforms. I can't imagine a multiconsole game ever looking as impressive as Uncharted 2. I'm not in the business of looking out for non-PS3 owners, but hey, at least I'm honest about it.

Igo

This game is so much more glitchy than the first Uncharted.

These are the issues i've had so far.

During the cut scene near the start of the game where they're on the boat some left channel audio went out and came back intermittently. Kinda scared me but it hasn't happened since. Anyone else notice this?

Now onto the major issues. I've gotten stuck in barrels and walls multiple times where Drake just becomes suspended midair and continues to run. This has twice led to me being shot and killed and once it just continued to glitch until the game decided to kill drake and restart the chapter. I wasn't really going to bother posting this but the game just now 'froze' and I had to turn off the PS3. I just reached the train and was jumping to another platform when Drake froze in midair over the gap and started to glitch out again. The game sounds continued while the video was just drake glitching out. Extremely aggravating.

Anyone else having these issues and could they be fixed in a patch? Other than that loving it.

tass0

Banned
IJoel said:
Joining the choir...

I'm currently on chapter 22 and this game is, so far, one of my favorites of this generation of consoles. For what it's worth, I didn't see the big deal with the first Uncharted. I thought it was overrated (pretty good game though).

If you are that impressed so far, the later chapters will blow your mind. Seriously. I am really trying to find reasons not to call this the best game ever, because I'll feel bad if I do for some reason :/

MercuryLS said:
What? MGS4 was substandard. I expect more from MGS, so should you. Coming off the amazing MGS3 it was a letdown of epic proportions.

MGS4 was a mish mash of fanservice and nothing more. Kojima as a story teller is just a shadow of him former self.

I used to be a MGS fanboy, and MGS4 did make me wrench a tear at certain moments, but then I just realized that the whole story was nothing but fanservice trash to suck more money out of the established fanbase.

Norml

Igo said:

During the cut scene near the start of the game where they're on the boat some left channel audio went out and came back intermittently. Kinda scared me but it hasn't happened since. Anyone else notice this?

Now onto the major issues. I've gotten stuck in barrels and walls multiple times where Drake just becomes suspended midair and continues to run. This has twice led to me being shot and killed and once it just continued to glitch until the game decided to kill drake and restart the chapter. I wasn't really going to bother posting this but the game just now 'froze' and I had to turn off the PS3. I just reached the train and was jumping to another platform when Drake froze in midair over the gap and started to glitch out again. The game sounds continued while the video was just drake glitching out. Extremely aggravating.

Anyone else having these issues and could they be fixed in a patch? Other than that loving it.

I had a pretty severe problem where shadows were all messed up and textures were a green color and drake and chloe had a grey bar sticking out of the body.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
PartlyCloudlike said:
Because as an admitted Sony fanboy and a single console owner, I'd want them to focus on a single architecture so that they aren't spread too thin in trying to make a game work across multiple platforms. I can't imagine a multiconsole game ever looking as impressive as Uncharted 2. I'm not in the business of looking out for non-PS3 owners, but hey, at least I'm honest about it.

meh.

Games >>> hardware and politics. I'd like to see ND get more dollars for their efforts.

J-Rzez

clashfan said:
GOTY should not go to PS3 exclusives.

I think that's what you meant?

This makes no sense what so ever. You think only multiplatform games should win GOTY? That's fucking bullshit. Exclusive games have tons of work put in them, and U2 is no exception, thus deserves a fair shake. Sorry MS doesn't have the same quality 1st party stables that Sony does. Maybe they'll finally wake up and do something about it next-gen like I've been saying they should now for some time.

I don't care if a dev has to try to find ways to get something to work out nicely on multiple platforms. That's not my problem they decided they can't focus on one machine. It pays to go exclusive. Personally, I don't give a shit if everyone can't play a certain game. That's the reason to buy every gaming machine whose games can be relevant to you.

Uncharted 2 is the poster child of why to have quality devs first-party.

I'm getting the same feeling I got playing Uncharted, where I absolutely dread those white "Chapter X" prompts popping up. One less jizz-blasting chapter to look forward to.

No point turning this into a MGS4 hatefest, so i'll just end by saying that before Uncharted 2, MGS4 was the game with the highest number of Holy Shit moments for me. I enjoyed it. A lot.

YMMV. *shrug*

I take back saying U2 looks BETTER than crysis...just played that and it is still insane...they are both beautiful games and pleasure my eyes like few other games....

Zzoram

Igo said:

I once jumped onto a potted plant and got stuck in the pot. No combination of buttons was able to free me. I had to restart from checkpoint.

highluxury said:
MGS4 was a mish mash of fanservice and nothing more. Kojima as a story teller is just a shadow of him former self.

I used to be a MGS fanboy, and MGS4 did make me wrench a tear at certain moments, but then I just realized that the whole story was nothing but fanservice trash to suck more money out of the established fanbase.
I think that's delusional. Of course it had tons of fan service, it was the last solid snake game, but don't let that over shadow all the great gameplay the game had. All of the fire fights were outstanding. In the desert, in the jungle, in the snow (crazy badass boss fight there), and the tracking sequence was amazing use of game mechanics. People got way to attached to the story Kojima had. He was never a story telling God, there were ALWAYS two too many twists. It's the stealth play, bosses and details that made him great. IF you "crashed" upon playing MGS4, you were way too high on Kojima to begin with.

wrong thread for this.

Dragon

Banned
Zzoram said:
I once jumped onto a potted plant and got stuck in the pot. No combination of buttons was able to free me. I had to restart from checkpoint.

Happened to me in the second chapter of the game. Thank goodness
a guard saw me so I could start over :)

OuterWorldVoice said:
meh.

Games >>> hardware and politics. I'd like to see ND get more dollars for their efforts.

meh. Maybe they have a sweet gig being part of the Sony family (development time, budget, advertising). As long as they can continue to push the hardware that I own, then I'm happy. Sounds like what you need is a one console future.

J-Rzez

PartlyCloudlike said:

I hate to see games suffer because they have to cater their work so it works on different machines. I would be curious to see what some of these regarded 3rd party devs can do if they only had to focus on one machine. DICE, IW, it would be interesting indeed.

And no Jak. Please just get hard at work on Uncharted 3. Thank you, from J-Rzez.

I don't know how far off "next-gen" is either, but it would be in Sony's best interest to have an Uncharted ready to go in the wings of the PS4 launch.

Igo said:
Yeah, I had the game freeze 2 times on me on the same damned hard train level. I've heard of other people that've experienced the same problem, including getting stuck in pots/barrels/whatnot. The online experience is broken too if you ask me (crappy netcode), almost broke (another) controller over it (MP Beta took the first one).

Zzoram

BobTheFork said:
I think that's delusional. Of course it had tons of fan service, it was the last solid snake game, but don't let that over shadow all the great gameplay the game had. All of the fire fights were outstanding. In the desert, in the jungle, in the snow (crazy badass boss fight there), and the tracking sequence was amazing use of game mechanics. People got way to attached to the story Kojima had. He was never a story telling God, there were ALWAYS two too many twists. It's the stealth play, bosses and details that made him great. IF you "crashed" upon playing MGS4, you were way too high on Kojima to begin with.

wrong thread for this.

I found Uncharted 2's stealth play more fun and less convoluted.

JRW

Damn the chapters seem to be getting shorter the further I get.

It's like <Chapter 10> Holy shit that's Awe.. <Chapter 11> ..some! Hey wait..

arne

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Damn, people are already hacking this game? I just had a match where someone was invisible, going around and headshotting people. Asshats.

Maybe you should send me the cinema file. ;)
psn: arne

I think I have room.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
The Diary is great. I lol'd pretty hard at the scare-o-meter :lol

Zzoram said:
I found Uncharted 2's stealth play more fun and less convoluted.
that's fine, but it doesn't make the stealth in MGS bad. I thought the stealth in UC1 and 2 was ok but largely unnecessary. By that I mean that I never once felt like I HAD to stealth people, I knew I could take cover and drop the whole room of guys. In MGS, I really needed to stealth kill a third of the room at least, well mostly because the enemies spawned like mosquitoes if you screwed up..

neojubei said:
he always follow the hose.
omg, in my head I just made some cereal parody with fruit loops and Sully... Follow you hose!

tass0

Banned
JRW said:
Damn the chapters seem to be getting shorter the further I get.

It's like <Chapter 10> Holy shit that's Awe.. <Chapter 11> ..some! Hey wait..

Yeah, I noticed that too, but the latest chapters are pretty long, MUCH longer than the ones you've played so far :D

GAME OF THE GENERATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom