• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

abq

Uncharted 2 feels so much easier than the first game. I'm breezing through crushing at the moment. I don't know if the action set pieces are fewer or not, but it certainly feels that way.

So, anyone else encounter a game crashing bug near the end
in shambala, during a battle of mangoats vs mercenaries
? I'm reloading it now, hoping that I don't have to do that again : /

LiK

Freedom = $1.05 said:

yea, it freezes right? thank gawd the checkpoint worked after i rebooted

Freedom = $1.05 said:

Yeah, happened to me the first time through as well.

big sofo

is it crysis??noooo its UNCHARTED 2!!!!!

great great respect to naughty dog....excellent game so far

img0184bv.jpg

tass0

Banned
Jesus goddamn christ I just finished this game, one of the BEST GAMES I HAVE EVER PLAYED. SERIOUSLY. Words cannot describe this game... I can't believe it...

damnit arne you better be reading this post, TELL THEM TO MAKE A SEQUEL.

Firestorm

iamcool388 said:
You cant call that really crazy man... someone didnt play MGS4! :lol

Its par for the course this gen I feel... I'm just glad that there arent any loading screens once the game starts. It has an undeniable effect on making the game's pacing so strong.
I did. Not speaking relatively =p The first time I played U2 I thought the game froze :lol
Edit: Am I the only one having a long load time between starting the game and getting to the title screen?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
nskinnear said:
Yeah, forget this. None of us can connect :(

My friend is having a terrible time trying to get on PSN. I seem to do just fine, but he is constantly disconnected from PSN even tho his Connection Test runs fine. Directly plugged into the router too, and it still does it. Related or totally different?

Just beat it on Crushing. I swear to God if this doesn't get GOTY across the board (and lose it to Modern Warfare 2), I will lose what little faith I had in gaming "journalism".

Kittonwy

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:

I tried hoping over something and it froze, happened to me on both my hard and crushing run-through, ND fix dis shit now.
Indifferent2.gif

clashfan

TacticalFox88 said:
Just beat it on Crushing. I swear to God if this doesn't get GOTY across the board (and lose it to Modern Warfare 2), I will lose what little faith I had in gaming "journalism".

GOTY should not go to platform exclusives.

Firestorm said:
I did. Not speaking relatively =p The first time I played U2 I thought the game froze :lol
Edit: Am I the only one having a long load time between starting the game and getting to the title screen?

Naah bro I get a long load time in the beginning too (maybe 20-30 seconds?) but after that its load free all the way.

MercuryLS

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:

As much as I love Uncharted 2, a game like MW2 has legs way beyond most games. The MP in Uncharted 2 is a fun diversion, but I doubt it'll still be popular 2-3 years from now. Reviewers will take that into consideration when handing out GOTY.

Firestorm

iamcool388 said:
Naah bro I get a long load time in the beginning too (maybe 20-30 seconds?) but after that its load free all the way.
Ok same as me. jump_button's post made me think maybe my PS3 was acting up.

MercuryLS

Banned
Freedom = $1.05 said:

It froze for me at the same point, don't worry the system autosaves right after that battle.

Robot 492

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
My friend is having a terrible time trying to get on PSN. I seem to do just fine, but he is constantly disconnected from PSN even tho his Connection Test runs fine. Directly plugged into the router too, and it still does it. Related or totally different?
PSN is fine for me. I was just trying to connect to a game with Square Triangle and expy, but it didn't work.

I love playing games with headphones. It does a lot to immerse you into the game and close out your surroundings. I have a mini system hooked up to my tv, and it sounds pretty good, I played about an hour with it on. Then I put on my headphones and you can hear the little details. Game sounds great. I have Sennheiser PX-100s, small and lightweight but they're a great little pair of headphones for the price.

epmode

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Mine crashed right near the end too. And again, a restart of the PS3 fixed it.

Not excited one bit for MW2 after playing this.

I think the reason I love the multiplayer is because at times i feel like a kid playing hide and go seek. I crack up so much when im hanging off a ledge and someone just runs right by, and of course when i reach up to pull their asses off the ledge. It just feels like the gameplay allows a ton of different ways you can play out a match. Always run for the roofs, move from cover to cover, or just keep runnin and gunning. just so much fun.

Doytch

fistfulofmetal said:
The little banter at the end of the game was really great.
You were unconscious and it was raining

great game. better than the first. 9.4/10
I loved that bit. Fantastic ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom