• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 MP Returns (Sort of) In Uncharted 4 Classic Mode (Beta Test This Weekend)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I figure we can get a separate thread for this instead of mixed in with the HDR update.

U4MP-BetaTest-Classic.jpg

http://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted4_multiplayer_beta_test_classic
Some exciting things are on the horizon for Uncharted 4 Multiplayer. Since launching our last major update, Uncharted 4 Multiplayer: Bounty Hunters, we’ve been hard at work on an all-new co-op experience, new maps, and more. But that’s not all; we’ve also been cooking up a new way for the community to try out new multiplayer modes and give their feedback: a new limited-time Beta Test playlist. Starting later today, November 3, and through the weekend, we’re giving players the chance to try out Classic Mode—a back-to-basics mode that focuses on core combat and movement. There’s no in-match Store, Radar, Mysticals, downed state, or Sidekicks and Heavy Weapons will spawn around the map.

We’re excited for you to check out Classic and hope you’ll share your feedback with us via social, the forums, and our upcoming Beta Test Playlist survey.
The patch is up now and the mode is available.

First impressions:
Grappling hook is still in.
No down/KO state.
Power weapons now have a timer and a waypoint pointing directly to them.
You still pick a load out (No simple AK or FAL). This time it's simply, one long weapon, one pistol, and one support weapon (grenade, mine, etc).
Still has a bunch of the bullshit (mainly unlocked/DLC guns), but much more balanced when not having to deal with all the garbage they added in (sidekicks, mysticals, etc).
The DLC weapons are completely overpowered and you will run into teams solely using them and be completely outgunned. [expanded thoughts]
Much more fun that the default mode. With a few tweaks and an added Plunder playlist, I can see playing this alot.

How do you mean that the dlc weapons are completely OP?

Seems a bit strange that the game announces the power weapons. It somewhat feels as if people will camp them out and bait opponents. As opposed to before where they simply existed.

Do they spawn one at a time, or can you just run and find 3-4 scattered around?

Edit: Oh it's out RIGHT now? I was on 30 min ago and it said it's available friday

The DLC weapons (not the power/heavy weapons they added in this update). The P90 (mostly), Arrowhead A3c, etc.

Right... so people are spawning in with those instead?

They should all be weapon pick ups. But I bet ND wont do this, because that'd be bad for their business

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Did they extend TTK when they took out down states? Wouldn't even have to be all that much longer but it would be nice as it always felt quick in UC4.

alr1ght

Right... so people are spawning in with those instead?

They should all be weapon pick ups. But I bet ND wont do this, because that'd be bad for their business

Yes, people are spawning in with them. You can set any long gun, pistol, and support weapon you've unlocked.

I havent even played an hour of Uncharted 4 mp it was so horrid. This may make me try it again but it looks like it doesnt go far enough. What ever happened to i get a gun they get a gun and we try and shoot eachother? Im sick of these unlocks, sidekicks, gimicks, radar, dlc guns, customizatiom etc. The more basic the better.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How do you mean that the dlc weapons are completely OP?

Probably the same as the Last of Us's: They didn't balance them in relation to the non-DLC weapons so they're completely overpowered in terms of damage/fire-rate.

Naughty Dog can't balance/handle multiplayer at all. :/

AKyemeni

Probably the same as the Last of Us's: They didn't balance them in relation to the non-DLC weapons so they're completely overpowered in terms of damage/fire-rate.

Naughty Dog can't balance/handle multiplayer at all. :/
But...They're not.

The FAL and HS completely dominate the competitive scene.

Javin98

Banned
Overpowered DLC guns? For fucks sake ND. That pay 2 win shit killed TLOU for me.
That's bullshit. The DLC guns are definitely not more overpowered than the base guns. Hell, if you were good enough, you could go around with a Para.45 and still do really well.

Anyway, I'm somewhat interested to give Classic Mode a try.

Tagg9

Not sure what people are talking about with the DLC weapons being OP. They seem perfectly balanced to me.

Whenever I get massacred by another team, they are usually rocking FALs, Mettlers, or fucking Para 45s.

alr1ght

I just want to make a point about the DLC weapons. I haven't played since release month and played 5 matches of the classic playlist. Each match I played (against different players) pretty much every opponent was using the P90 (DLC) which is super accurate and has a high rate of fire. I picked one up and the gun just rips through people. Whether that rings true for you, I don't know. Try out the beta and see.

Vaga

This is good news but still it won't clean the bad taste from the shit Naughty Dog tries to pull with paid dlc weapons, the way they fucked up TLoU mp and now U4 is unbelievable.

The fuck is wrong with you ND?

Not sure what people are talking about with the DLC weapons being OP. They seem perfectly balanced to me.

Whenever I get massacred by another team, they are usually rocking FALs, Mettlers, or fucking Para 45s.

That's my experience as well. But people are taking impressions as fact for some reason.

ron_bato

I just want to make a point about the DLC weapons. I haven't played since release month and played 5 matches of the classic playlist. Each match I played (against different players) pretty much every opponent was using the P90 (DLC) which is super accurate and has a high rate of fire. I picked one up and the gun just rips through people. Whether that rings true for you, I don't know. Try out the beta and see.

I tried out the P90 for a while in the default loadouts. Yeah, that thing rips through people especially with the high clip. But I run with the Fossa as a sidearm and i can compete with them I found (though I think the fossa got nerfed for it's lazer like hip fire lol).

The P90 can't compete at medium range though, so I'm just happy to run with the FAL and the Fossa to be competitive in both situations.

Though I've been out of the loop as I have not played U4 MP in two months, maybe it's time to try again.

First impressions:
Grappling hook is still in.
No down/KO state.
Power weapons now have a timer and a waypoint pointing directly to them.
You still pick a load out (No simple AK or FAL). This time it's simply, one long weapon, one pistol, and one support weapon (grenade, mine, etc).
Still has a bunch of the bullshit (mainly unlocked/DLC guns), but much more balanced when not having to deal with all the garbage they added in (sidekicks, mysticals, etc).
The DLC weapons are completely overpowered and you will run into teams solely using them and be completely outgunned. [expanded thoughts]
Much more fun that the default mode. With a few tweaks and an added Plunder playlist, I can see playing this alot.

What absolute nonsense. None of the DLC weapons are popular in this game. The only DLC weapon I would even say is decent is the revolver but even that's generally outclassed by the default. Everyone has access to the best weapons in the game within just a few hours of playtime, the FAL, Mettler and HS. None of the DLC weapons even come close to the competitive usage of those three weapons. This is something I can safely say having played the game since launch, reaching master rank across each season.

Which DLC weapons do you think are overpowered in the game? I'd be interested to know. It's easy to blame kit you don't have access to rather than look at how you could have played better to win the encounter.

I tried out the P90 for a while in the default loadouts. Yeah, that thing rips through people especially with the high clip. But I run with the Fossa as a sidearm and i can compete with them I found (though I think the fossa got nerfed for it's lazer like hip fire lol).

The P90 can't compete at medium range though, so I'm just happy to run with the FAL and the Fossa to be competitive in both situations.

Though I've been out of the loop as I have not played U4 MP in two months, maybe it's time to try again.

The MP34A and HS both dish out damage faster than the P90, the P90s biggest advantage is the clip capacity and the fact that it's pretty handy when used in blindfire. Generally though most decent players move towards the HS since in the regular playlists it downs in 3 headshots, faster than any of the other automatics.

But...They're not.

The FAL and HS completely dominate the competitive scene.

This. Not to say the DLC weapons are awful, but most of them don't dish out damage fast, or reliably enough to keep up with these two.

ron_bato

What absolute nonsense. None of the DLC weapons are popular in this game. The only DLC weapon I would even say is decent is the revolver but even that's generally outclassed by the default. Everyone has access to the best weapons in the game within just a few hours of playtime, the FAL, Mettler and HS. None of the DLC weapons even come close to the competitive usage of those three weapons. This is something I can safely say having played the game since launch, reaching master rank across each season.

Which DLC weapons do you think are overpowered in the game? I'd be interested to know. It's easy to blame kit you don't have access to rather than look at how you could have played better to win the encounter.

The MP34A and HS both dish out damage faster than the P90, the P90s biggest advantage is the clip capacity and the fact that it's pretty handy when used in blindfire. Generally though most decent players move towards the HS since in the regular playlists it downs in 3 headshots, faster than any of the other automatics.

This. Not to say the DLC weapons are awful, but most of them don't dish out damage fast, or reliably enough to keep up with these two.

Yup, this was my experience as well. Ultimately, I ditched running with the P90 before, and didn't really find them to be too much of a problem. It's a fun gun, but I wouldn't call it OP.

That's bullshit. The DLC guns are definitely not more overpowered than the base guns. Hell, if you were good enough, you could go around with a Para.45 and still do really well.

Anyway, I'm somewhat interested to give Classic Mode a try.
I'll second this. Para.45 is my back up gun and it has been a beast since Day 1. also nothing beats running and gunning with the good old AK XD

Revven

DLC weapons being overpowered is nonsense

It's more that the DLC weapons are... common (if not close to the usage of weapons that are actually super good) to come across in normal matchmaking despite the fact it's not the best weapon in the game or it's not overpowered. The P90 is still a very easy weapon to just spray everywhere in close range. I can't count how many times I've had the drop on someone close range and they start panic hipfiring with the P90 and they still down me. Granted, recently, I've just been rolling with the DC Single Action to get all the hero weapon unlocks and some of the time I do make an error in my decision making during encounters like this but there have been times where they panic hipfire and win out in the end because of its stupidly high clip and high rate of fire. Even with the nerf to its hipfire.

Back to basics modes ftw.

I enjoy the weird mystical stuff as well, but it's nice when games have modes that stick to the core mechanics as well. U2 was amazing for that.

When's co-op?

Edit: For real though, this sounds like a pretty good mode. I could see myself getting into this if I didn't have to download U4 again to play it.

uncharted 4's MP should really should have that raid mode. Got bored with it after 2-3 weeks wherelse I played a lot of 2+3 MP.

Might check this out.

Funny how they iterated it and wrecked the game and now its going backwards (or is it forward)

QTrain

Neo Member
I just want to pop in here and let you guys know the non-DLC weapons still have the mathematically fastest time to kill. The Copperhead and XCR are at 0.686 and 0.696 respectively while the P90 is at 0.711 and Arrowhead at 0.756. This is all based on optimal range, which is only 15 meters for the P90. Is the P90 strong at close range with it's rate of fire and clip size? Yes. Is it mathematically better than the non-DLC weapons? No.

The P90 was the only overpowered gun and it was nerfed. Plus the thing beyond close range is practically pointless. The FAL and HS are easily the best weapons. That being said, everyone has access to those guns, just use a default class. Of course, they want you to buy them or grind them out if you want to customize. You couldn't do that in The Last of Us.

That being said, I don't see this mode being successful. Might just fade away like what happened to Plunder and Command. Bounty Hunter, Ranked and TDM are the most popular modes in this game and unless Naughty Dog really support this, I doubt it will be a success.

Best wishes.

Tosyn_88

From my own personal experience, the so called DLC weapons are even crap compared to the main ones. Most people who use the P90 usually want to get up close with blind fire but you can still defeat em easily if you know what you are doing. Heck, I even beat some with that Argwal pistol when running a sniper load out

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
People complain waaay too much. The P90 is not overpowered. Most weapons hip-fired at close range have a solid chance of putting you down if the person firing has skill, the thing about the P90 was that its large clip-size lowered the skill ceiling a bit. The maps are also sufficiently differentiated that I'd never suggest using the same loadout every time for maximum effectiveness.

The poster who called the P90 fun is bang on the money. Its a fun weapon to use, bur hardly overpowered.

Tagg9

What are people's opinions on the Classic mode? I played two matches and immediately went back to the regular TDM. Just not feeling it.

Foxxsoxx

Dude I have played since release, along with every other Uncharted extensively and I can tell you that none of the DC weapons are even remotely overpowered. They all handle very uniquely but that's were it begins and ends.

You can do just as fine with any vanilla weapon, it just gives different choices.

Top Bottom