• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 MP Returns (Sort of) In Uncharted 4 Classic Mode (Beta Test This Weekend)

NXGamer

I figure we can get a separate thread for this instead of mixed in with the HDR update.

U4MP-BetaTest-Classic.jpg

http://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted4_multiplayer_beta_test_classic

The patch is up now and the mode is available.

First impressions:
Grappling hook is still in.
No down/KO state.
Power weapons now have a timer and a waypoint pointing directly to them.
You still pick a load out (No simple AK or FAL). This time it's simply, one long weapon, one pistol, and one support weapon (grenade, mine, etc).
Still has a bunch of the bullshit (mainly unlocked/DLC guns), but much more balanced when not having to deal with all the garbage they added in (sidekicks, mysticals, etc).
The DLC weapons are completely overpowered and you will run into teams solely using them and be completely outgunned. [expanded thoughts]
Much more fun that the default mode. With a few tweaks and an added Plunder playlist, I can see playing this alot.
Now this is music, sweet, sweet music to my ears. Playing core UC2 Mp in PS4pro mode will be a treat, removing the extra distractions will return the game to core skills...;-)

madmackem

This is megaton news, I'm an og uncharted mp fan and I think they dropped the ball with mp in 4, I'm hoping this brings me back in.

Majin Boo

I love it. This is what the MP should have been like from the beginning, it's fast, 1vs1 fights happen a lot, map awareness is actually important now, all the unneccessary crap like Mysticals and Sidekicks is finally gone and the core gameplay is incredibly good. So, now add Classic Team Objective and more U2 maps, fix the matchmaking and this MP could finally become really good.
And no, the DLC weapons are certainly not overpowered...

black070

Just played a few rounds and I'm honestly baffled why the entire MP wasn't built around this - while I had a great time with the other modes, Classic makes it infinitely better.

I just hope they can make the heavy weapon spawns random rather then in the same spots.

Foxxsoxx

As someone who enjoyed U4 for what it is, I'm really enjoying classic much more than the base modes.

Adoring the weapon pickups.

Really enjoy not having radar.

No down system really changes up the pace, things are much faster.

Power weapons add map control.

Yeah they got me hooked again, this feels fantastic and really makes me hopeful that people who weren't into the direction they took the game to come back. Really can't recommend it enough.

P90 is not that overpowered. Its just got good stats on everything (accuracy, rate of fire, and clip size).

I would say that you will most likely lose in a fight against P90 users unless you go for headshots.

Hydrargyrus

I've tried right now but I'm not into it, seems like I'm going to stay with the classic U4 modes.

This feels to me like a bit soulless after playing with all the weapons, sidekicks...

Silk04

Wheres the stealth mechanics? Thats why i left the mp. Got tired of getting behind opponents only to hook somebody. Miss uc2 days.

As someone who didn't get a chance to play Uncharted multiplayer until 4, I gotta say classic mode is just ok to me. I'll probably stick bounty hunt and regular TDM.

I hate the way ammo works in classic mode and the fact I can't upgrade my gear sucks as well. Mysticals and sidekicks never bothered me that much and I agree with the poster above me that it does feel a little lifeless.

Revven

Wheres the stealth mechanics? Thats why i left the mp. Got tired of getting behind opponents only to hook somebody. Miss uc2 days.

They are too complex to add in at this point and in addition, they never really worked well anyway. Too much relied on the connection between players on whether you got a stealth kill. It was incredibly frustrating to be on the receiving end of a stealth kill when, on my screen, I was rolling but instead I get magically pulled into an OHKO. Likewise, it was incredibly frustrating to not get the stealth kill and instead get a melee hit and alert the other player to my presence; simply because he was lagging and/or the window of opportunity for the stealth kill itself was much too small.

It was dodgy a lot of the time. I don't really get why I've seen people ask for it to be back. It never actually worked... well.

The charged melee, on the other hand, works a million times better and has actual counter play to it. Stealth melee kills is a "either or" situation where there's only two outcomes and no counter play; it was practically luck based because of the connection between players.

zkorejo

What about boosters? Are they still in?.. Also, if we use the same loadouts, do we still get 26 points even when we are not using mysticals/sidekicks??

They are too complex to add in at this point and in addition, they never really worked well anyway. Too much relied on the connection between players on whether you got a stealth kill. It was incredibly frustrating to be on the receiving end of a stealth kill when, on my screen, I was rolling but instead I get magically pulled into an OHKO. Likewise, it was incredibly frustrating to not get the stealth kill and instead get a melee hit and alert the other player to my presence; simply because he was lagging and/or the window of opportunity for the stealth kill itself was much too small.

It was dodgy a lot of the time. I don't really get why I've seen people ask for it to be back. It never actually worked... well.
I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with the actual mechanic. According to your logic, rope KOs are broken (because rolling/evading doesn't work most of the time), therefore they should be removed. Same for pull downs, kick offs etc. Blame the netcode, not the gameplay mechanics!

When will people start asking for a higher tickrate and ping-based MM (less lag compensation)? Probably never. Even the "glorious" UC2 1.04 was crap because of the netcode.

Do people realize that you exchange network data/packets FOUR times slower than the graphics engine framerate? 15 Hz is NOT balanced at all for a 60 fps shooter.

http://feedback.naughtydog.com/foru...97-getting-shot-around-walls-and-behind-cover

Awesome!

Def checking out this weekend. Thought U4 MP was... interesting, but a bit over-designed, so happy to see this return! :)

Top Bottom