• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 - two new pics

Replicant

alr1ghtstart said:
elena
34of2nk.jpg

Awkward.

And FUK. The game looks awesome. Anyone has beta code left lying around?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Game of the year.

ND sets the bar higher for levels of polishing games should have.

But Elena looks like the kid in the Sixth Sense.

Someone post a comparison picture of the grown up Sixth Sense kid.

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
I got to play a round of multi and co-op today (and got a beta code to boot, praise Jebus), it's a lot of fun. I think I liked co-op a little better, but both modes play and look great. I talked with one of the designers in line for ODST and he seemed tired but justifiably proud.

There are several other games that I think look just as good as U2 after playing them today, but that does not diminish its accomplishment at all; rather, I think it speaks to how good of a grasp folks are getting with the PS3 and 360 hardware now. This winter is gonna be fat with gaming joy for all of us.

Holy crap o_O

Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction looked fucking great, but what the fuck is this?

When is this out? November? I must have it.

Rindain

Banned
Yeah. Holy. Shit.

Naughty Dog are unmatched graphically on consoles this gen.

Whenever the graphics whore inside me is dying, Naughty Dog manages to revive her.

Seriously, if by next gen we can have this at 60 fps in 1080p, then I'm set for life in terms of graphic realism.

ianp622

You guys know there's a 1080p version of the trailer on the PS Store right?

Also, I haven't seen any aliasing in the beta or in the gameplay portions of the trailer, so I doubt that these shots have anything extra done to them.

Len Dontree said:
I got to play a round of multi and co-op today (and got a beta code to boot, praise Jebus), it's a lot of fun. I think I liked co-op a little better, but both modes play and look great. I talked with one of the designers in line for ODST and he seemed tired but justifiably proud.

There are several other games that I think look just as good as U2 after playing them today, but that does not diminish its accomplishment at all; rather, I think it speaks to how good of a grasp folks are getting with the PS3 and 360 hardware now. This winter is gonna be fat with gaming joy for all of us.

Almost certain that SP looks quite a large step up from coop and mp graphically....

Binabik15

The trailer on PSN is omgfwtfhoooooooooooootness :D

Wet Chloe looks really, well, real. Drakes facial expression is always spot on. Elena <3 Sully <3 (even better if he can actually hit something in this one).

What else can I say? I finished Uncharted 7 times I´m still not tired of it. My favourite game this gen, maybe my favourite console game ever.

I actually wanted to go on a media blackout, but I think I´m not strong enough to starve myself from every little bit off info I can get. I have to be strong *wipes tear*

Durante

Chao said:
Obvious bullshots, but HOLY FUCK anyway.
Not really. The first Uncharted 2 screenshots released were obvious bull/press shots. These have aliasing that seem in line with an achievable level of MSAA + DoF.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Chao said:
Obvious bullshots, but HOLY FUCK anyway.
Heh, most of the screens posted in this thread are just trailer captures, and they are absolutely not bullshots. You can see aliasing and other stuff in them if you look for it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
h3ro said:
I'm in the Beta.

Yes.
I can concur. It looks sick as hell and it's not even the most impressive piece we've seen. There scenes in the beta (like the one where you have to rocket launch a hole in the wall and the following area looks photo real) that look like real life.

Kittonwy said:
Remember guyz, teh kittonwy seal of approval is on this one.
Indifferent2.gif
That settles that.

Ranger X

Go download the damn PSN trailer if you don't think the game looks this good.

When I watched the 1080p version on my set, I lost my lower jaw. It's the best looking game i've ever seen. Ever.

Ganondorfo

I hate the action parts of the first uncharted, that was too much action, by seeing this trailer, I think they will focus again on the action, and which woman will drake choose after the end of the adventure? lol.

DeadGzuz

Banned
The AA in the OP pics is much higher than the 2x in game, so they are bullshots. Off screen downsized pics are not proof either.

Raytow

DeadGzuz said:
The AA in the OP pics is much higher than the 2x in game, so they are bullshots. Off screen downsized pics are not proof either.
oh noes, the naughty dog are lying...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
DeadGzuz said:
First two pics in the OP are 2xAA, just like the whole trailer where most of the images in this thread are coming from. Thre's also plenty of direct feed pictures from Beta version, in the Beta thread.

After those two pictures in OP, the remaining three have higher AA.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Lord Error said:
First two pics in the OP are 2xAA, just like the whole trailer where most of the images in this thread are coming from. Thre's also plenty of direct feed pictures from Beta version, in the Beta thread.

After those two pictures in OP, the remaining three have higher AA.

Ya, I was concentrating on the last three, good catch.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
DeadGzuz said:
Ya, I was concentrating on the last three, good catch.
Yeah, I noticed it because those three were added after the thread was created, so they probably came from a different source. I think they are the only pictures in this thread with extra AA. They also do a great job of hiding aliasing behind HDR glow and some good asset management for distant stuff I think.

Chao

vazel said:
You're not in the beta it seems.

I only managed to play one game in the beta. Tried a lot of times but matchmaking wasn't working, so I got bored and quit.

It really looks awesome, but it doesn't look THIS awesome:

vf0cm0rr621vvq4wq8do_ncharted2screen1.png

God, I can almost see Sully's face in this pic. (assuming that guy is Sully)

kle89

Neo Member
I'd have to say ND is doing one hell of a job with facial animation (and i thought the FF13s looked amazing)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Chao said:
I only managed to play one game in the beta. Tried a lot of times but matchmaking wasn't working, so I got bored and quit.

It really looks awesome, but it doesn't look THIS awesome:

vf0cm0rr621vvq4wq8do_ncharted2screen1.png

God, I can almost see Sully's face in this pic. (assuming that guy is Sully)
You mean a shot that's not in the beta or a scene we've yet to experience? Of course it won't.

DeadGzuz said:
Is he grinding with a PSP?
Tune in next week to find out!

Top Bottom