• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broman1978

Fuck this!
I have gotten the hard-on of my life just cuz of this thread!!!
Man I just love Uncharted! (Platinum on both Uncharted & Uncharted2 =P)

LiK

FunkyPajamas said:
Yeah, I should probably leave this thread while I still can. I just want to feed on the hype and maybe watch a teaser.

yea, i found out after the fact that they demoed some of the awesome sequences in UC2 at E3 etc. iw as glad i didn't know about it. i'm gonna follow the annoncement stuff and i'm done. will wait patiently.

sajj316

I just fall out of my chair .. coworkers like .. what the hell happened?

"my eyes bear witness to the glory that is ... thee oh Uncharted 3"

Empty

jett said:
Also, I imagine that plane crash is the sequence ND was referencing when they said they had found out "how to top the train level" in UC2.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

man that level has so much potential. going to show up the the uncharted influenced opening to enslaved pretty bad.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
gofreak said:
That one, at least, is composed as an art shot.

And yeah, Drake looks a little older and weathered. I figured that from the art even.

Yeah, it's definitely artwork.

Majine

Banned
Kotaku said:
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon will show off the first live demo of hotly-anticipated Playstation 3 exclusive Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception next Monday, Dec. 13.

Show producer Gavin Purcell Tweets that developers Naughty Dog will be on hand to demonstrate the game to show host and gamer Fallon.

This is going fast.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
spidye said:
8 million? wow. that's actually pretty awesome. I heard uncharted 1 sold "just" 2 million so 6 million for uc2 is amazing

They saw in the EW article that 2 is at 3.8m. So the original must have crept up over time, or maybe someone's numbers are out of date.

spidye said:
8 million? wow. that's actually pretty awesome. I heard uncharted 1 sold "just" 2 million so 6 million for uc2 is amazing

They're probably counting bundled copies. U2 was reported at 3.8 million, while U1 was something similar, although with heavy bundling.

Empty

LiK said:
yea, i found out after the fact that they demoed some of the awesome sequences in UC2 at E3 etc. iw as glad i didn't know about it. i'm gonna follow the annoncement stuff and i'm done. will wait patiently.

i didn't bother paying attention to uncharted 2 (or uncharted 1) pre-release media as i didn't own a ps3 when it was being hyped up. went in nearly completely blind to both games and it was incredible. i should try and do the same to uncharted 3 but i love the games so much i don't think i can help myself.

Danielsan

LiK said:
Drake's been through a lot. Stop teasing the poor man.
You'd imagine he wouldn't get chubby with all that running and globe trotting.
I don't mind him getting old and weathered, but they shouldn't mess with his facial features too much.

To expect him to look completely the same is foolish. He looks different in UC1 and UC2. Did you complain then, too?
Upgrade versus downgrade (in my opinion). I liked the changes from 1 tot 2. Don't like the changes from 2 to 3. Based on these 3 shots of course.

iam220

Uncharted 1 was good
Uncharted 2 was great
Uncharted 3 will be _________

I hope they don't fuck with the formula, just give us uncharted 2 in a new setting and with a longer campaign. Certain series could use innovation, uncharted is not one of them.

g1Xh0l.jpg

No peins, no sale. Maybe Uncharted is Lara now?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm glad it seems like they fixed the giant chin he had in 2. That always really bothered me for some reason, especially when you looked at him from the side.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kagari said:
Yeah, it's definitely artwork.

Yep, unless the game runs on a new "artwork-shading engine" :D

Edit - Actually, only the big one is 100% art. The other two seem to be cut-scene model on art background.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
That crashed plane looks like it might be part of an awesome sequence in the game. Naughty Dog might just top the train sequence in uncharted 2.

olimpia84

Awesome news, loved UC2 and will definitely be getting this one. btw I still haven't played the first one even though I own it...stupid backlog =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom