• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.
SolidSnakex said:
If they're going to be showing Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 at the VGA's, then what's the Sunday announcement for?

Didn't someone say that the Sunday event wasn't necessarily independent from something that was going to show at the VGAs?

IE, trailer of U3 at VGA, hands on for press on sunday.

iratA

*Opens GAF in browser...*
*Goes to where the big boys hang out on the Gaming side*
*Scrolls down a little and begins topic scans*
*Reads Uncharted 3 header*
*Struggles to get mouse pointer steady beacuse hand is shaking*
*Stops breathing for 15 seconds while page loads*
*Page loads, blood rushes, eyes reading faster than the X1 Prototype*
*Goes and wakes up the Mrs and dances around the room shouting about Uncharted 3*
*Mrs gives the death stare, and everything returns to normal in .05 of a second*

Just thought I'd share.

Happy as hell though and can't wait for the VGAs now!

FunkyPajamas said:
XiNrd.gif

Maybe?

I expect a mummy from U3 to attack us while walking like that.

Corto

Suzzopher said:
Poor Crystal Dynamics, they are trying a re-boot and then Naughty Dog announce a new Uncharted :(

I think that there's always space for great action/adventure games. It's not a zero-sum thing...

SolidSnakex said:
If they're going to be showing Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 at the VGA's, then what's the Sunday announcement for?

I want to believe that it would be Agent but Rockstar are very random with their reveal's so I'm going with a core move game - If something like that could exist.

I wonder since the
kiss between Nathan and Elena
they are now a Treasure Hunting couple so there might actually be story driven co-op missions.

Suzzopher

Corto said:
I think that there's always space for great action/adventure games. It's not a zero-sum thing...

Oh I know, it's just Uncharted is a hotter IP right now and that will no doubt take a lot of the shine away from a new Tomb Raider. Plus we'll likely have people comparing the two games as well as insisting you can only like one or the other. Like with Prototype and inFAMOUS. I enjoyed both but for some reason the internet made me choose a favourite :/

iratA

BLagiver said:
Best cast of characters in video game history!!

This man speaks the truth. Oh and by the end of the third, I'm expecting to be even more in love with these characters. Can't wait for the wise cracks. :D

Kos Luftar said:
I wonder since the
kiss between Nathan and Elena
they are now a Treasure Hunting couple so there might actually be story driven co-op missions.
No FHUTA, no couple. Kissy-Kissy only if you're 12.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's pretty ambitious to do a campaign, co-op, and multiplayer game all in one and have all equally good parts, but if Chaos Theory could do it last gen so can Uncharted 3.

Ohhh, now this was the news I was waiting for... Absolutely hyped to see footage, on saturday no less!!

Personally, I thought U1-> U2 was a more impressive upgrade than AC->Ac2... AC2 was almost as repetitive as the first, and the story was actually worse (ALIENS!)...it wasn't close to being as good as U2 at all...funnily enough the real world bit at the end did make me hyped for the third in the series though (for AC).

BowieZ

Banned
Suzzopher said:
Poor Crystal Dynamics, they are trying a re-boot and then Naughty Dog announce a new Uncharted :(
There is a chance that Tomb Raider will be a better and more technologically advanced game than Uncharted 3.

And yeah, I have a feeling that if TR proves to be a successful reboot, we may see a crossover of the brands in the very near future, whether in game or movie form (note that a third Tomb Raider film has been in the pipeline for a good 4 or 5 years).

linsivvi

SolidSnakex said:

A new side-series that covers the younger days of Sully and his (mis)adventure.

Sub_Level said:
It's pretty ambitious to do a campaign, co-op, and multiplayer game all in one and have all equally good parts, but if Chaos Theory could do it last gen so can Uncharted 3.

I think the multiplayer is handled by digital extremes but don't quote me on that - and yes I'm too lazy to google it.

nelsonroyale said:
Ohhh, now this was the news I was waiting for... Absolutely hyped to see footage, on saturday no less!!

Personally, I thought U1-> U2 was a more impressive upgrade than AC->Ac2... AC2 was almost as repetitive as the first, and the story was actually worse (ALIENS!)...it wasn't close to being as good as U2 at all...funnily enough the real world bit at the end did make me hyped for the third in the series though (for AC).

AC1 -> AC2 was definitely a greater leap.

AC1 -> AC2 was a... colossal upgrade.

Uncharted 1 -> Uncharted 2 was just huge.

This isn't meant to under-appreciate the Uncharted 2 experience. It's just that Uncharted 1 was much better game than Assassin's Creed 1.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why are things like the VGA's and gaming news always released around finals? It's literally finals week for me, and I imagine lots of other universities are finishing up around now.

Even if I wanted to watch the VGA's I couldn't. I don't and wouldn't, but I'm just saying... I couldn't.

faridmon

Looking forward to some great mind-blowing sand physics. whish will not happen, but hopefully I will give them the benifit of the doubt...

Great Sub-title.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
jett said:
I'll be surprised if it isn't. It's something Sony's intent in shoehorning to all their games.

I'm a sucker for 3D... I even liked the cheesy 3D mode in Batman AA. :lol

webrunner

Corto said:

Actually, the Action Adventure Setting Society's yearly grant only gives the industry a certain number of swingy-vines, one-foot-ledges, and ancient idolatry to use each year.

marc^o^ said:
Can they make it 3D?

Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception

linsivvi

Lagspike_exe said:
AC1 -> AC2 was definitely a greater leap.

AC1 -> AC2 was a... colossal upgrade.

Uncharted 1 -> Uncharted 2 was just huge.

This isn't meant to under-appreciate the Uncharted 2 experience. It's just that Uncharted 1 was much better game than Assassin's Creed 1.

This.

I loved Uncharted 1. After AC1, I gave up on the franchise. Then the positive impression of AC2 started to come in. And it's now one of my favorite games of this gen, right up there with Uncharted 2.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
jett said:
I'll be surprised if it isn't. It's something Sony's intent in shoehorning to all their games.
That would make my purchase of 3DTV for GT5 so much more reasonable :)

On a side note I noticed in the trailer there would be a scene taking place in France :D

faridmon said:
Looking forward to some great mind-blowing sand physics. whish will not happen, but hopefully I will give them the benifit of the doubt...

Great Sub-title.

The devs behind Spec Ops the Line better hurry up with their game before their tech gets overshadowed by U3.

reKon

Banned
I know that UC3's single player will be incredible, again.

BUT, IF UC3 either of the following:

Split screen (never gonna happen =[) or Gun Game mode in multiplayer - this game is instantly GOTY at the moment either of those are announced.

faridmon

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
The devs behind Spec Ops the Line better hurry up with their game before their tech gets overshadowed by U3.
I reckon both of them will dissapoint in that regard. Spec Ops will, as its just stupid triggered one by set pieces.

I am crossing my fingers for U3.

steadfast

According to Kotaku,
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon will show off the first live demo of hotly-anticipated Playstation 3 exclusive Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception next Monday, Dec. 13.

Show producer Gavin Purcell says that developers Naughty Dog will be on hand to demonstrate the game to show host and gamer Fallon.

Wonder if Bieber is also scheduled that night.

BowieZ said:
There is a chance that Tomb Raider will be a better and more technologically advanced game than Uncharted 3.

And yeah, I have a feeling that if TR proves to be a successful reboot, we may see a crossover of the brands in the very near future, whether in game or movie form (note that a third Tomb Raider film has been in the pipeline for a good 4 or 5 years).

Say whaaaaat?!!

The PC version, you mean? Or are you seriously suggesting that the PS3 port of this new Tomb Raider game will be more technologically advanced than a PS3 exclusive developed by the Naughty Gods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom