• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sully is so dead in U3. sorry Sully, being a mentor /father figure to Drake, and being the focus of the story is basically a guaranteed Sully's death flag.

So how do you think ND is going to top themselves set piece wise? The hotel falling down in Nepal and the whole train sequence were the most talked about segments of the UC2.

How about a Pyramid falling apart?:lol

Empty

DangerStepp said:
I just noticed something... ND

Nathan Drake
Naughty Dog

O.O

You should check out the resemblance between Nathan Drake's appearance and that of Naughty Dog founder Jason Rubin.

StuBurns

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
For real. Also, Assassin's Creed II was also the greater triumph: from a shaky 7.2 to a 9.9, that handily beats the still-impressive 7.8 to 9.8.

It's the way things are.
Now we're talking science.

BowieZ

Banned
StuBurns said:
Think the title has some hint at carrying on the first game's story to some extent? Maybe even a prequel? The Drake in the first game's title wasn't Nathan, maybe this is Francis too.
Uncharted 3: Drake's Conception

DMeisterJ

Banned
webrunner said:
They call it "Uncharted" but Drake spends an awful lot of time following maps.

Seems pretty charted to me.

It also charts well on the Sales charts. Not Uncharted there either.

BowieZ said:
Uncharted 3: Drake's Contraception

Lazarevic goes back in time to make sure Nate isn't born, and we find out his dad is Mark Wahlberg.

Broman1978

Empty said:
You should check out the resemblance between Nathan Drake's appearance and that of Naughty Dog founder Jason Rubin.

267636-jasonrubin_large.jpg

jASonRubindog2_1147156498.jpg

Solo

AltogetherAndrews said:
For real. Also, Assassin's Creed II was also the greater triumph: from a shaky 7.2 to a 9.9, that handily beats the still-impressive 7.8 to 9.8.

It's the way things are.

Now theres a series where the "2 is a DRASTIC improvement over 1!" statement is 100% true.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
ILAlx.gif

handofg0d said:
So, I know it's early but... when you get the game, which will you do first? Story mode, or Multiplayer?

I think for me, this time, I will just straight into multiplayer, at least for a few hours to see what's new. Then start the real game. I've spent like 10x more time playing MP than Single on UC2.
Single player. Multi maps will most likely spoil single player locations, so I'm gonna blaze right through single player before touching multi.

Kilgore Trout said:
Uncharted aspires to be an cinematic experience, unlike most games, therefore it makes sense to view it not only in comparison to other games, but to the films it aspires to emulate. Find me an adventure film with such a grievous body count. I love the Uncharted series, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy pointing out some of its more ridiculous incongruities.

This is the first and last time I wade into this silly argument.

Find me an action film that lasts 10-12 hours, and pits the hero in life-or-death combat every 5-10 minutes, and we'll talk about establishing decent comparisons. Right now this argument revolves around the absurd comparison of content of 2 hour films, with the content of video games 5 to 10 times that length. And this is even before we start considering the massive difference between the two media, how the audience/user interacts with each.

PS: We're talking video games, dudes: Virtually every game since Mario involves some kind of mass-murder of an enemy population.

Crewnh said:
So how do you think ND is going to top themselves set piece wise? The hotel falling down in Nepal and the whole train sequence were the most talked about segments of the UC2.

Drake on a plane(that you have to run through as it's being shot down).

Think the title has some hint at carrying on the first game's story to some extent? Maybe even a prequel? The Drake in the first game's title wasn't Nathan, maybe this is Francis too.

that's interesting point. maybe the Drake here refer to Nathan's father? I always imagine it in my head that Nathan's dad and Sully is good friend, something happen with Nathan's dad so Sully look after Nathan.

I'd love it if they give a nod to Indiana Jones and have a sequence where someone is captured and a chase ensues within the city! :D

LiK

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I'd love it if they give a nod to Indiana Jones and have a sequence where someone is captured and a chase ensues within the city! :D
Just no aliens please!

Kandinsky said:
Third already?, nice i guess:lol
Kandinsky said:
Will Uncharted 2 beat Uncharted 1 as the most overated piece of software here?!, time will tell.

Looks cool.
Kandinsky said:
Uncharted 2 or Brutal Legend: BL needs your money, go that way :O

thats what im doing anyway
Thanks for the contribution to the society, by the way. How's your Wii doing? Guess it won't be the only "game" to have sand in 2011.

EDIT: Ironic since you have a Mario avatar. How many games have he been in so far?

daoster

Maybe this game will be the sort that jumps back and forth between present day and the past, using the past as a way to explore Drake and Sully's relationship.

DMeisterJ said:
There will not be any split screen in Uncharted 3. ND strives for techical marvel when developing games, and Split-Screen is innately at odds with that, with having to render an area twice, etc. Don't get your hopes up for something that has little to no chance of happening.

I remember an interview with Evan Wells where he said that they couldn't include it for U2, but he knew that local multiplayer was a desirable feature and would look into supporting it for their engine for future games, but yeah I'll keep my expectations low.

Kandinsky said:
Third already?, nice i guess:lol

Must resist quoting avatar....

Yes!!!!
This game will be out when I am no longer in school. I can't wait to play it in 1 sitting, and then start over to get platinum trophy.

Empty

Crewnh said:

escaping from a nuclear explosion in a fridge.

heavy rain kinda beat them to that punch, though.

also, outrunning the sun to a temple.

DangerStepp

bonesmccoy said:
This is the first and last time I wade into this silly argument.

Find me an action film that lasts 10-12 hours, and pits the hero in life-or-death combat every 5-10 minutes, and we'll talk about establishing decent comparisons. Right now this argument revolves around the absurd comparison of content of 2 hour films, with the content of video games 5 to 10 times that length. And this is even before we start considering the massive difference between the two media, how the audience/user interacts with each.

PS: We're talking video games, dudes: Virtually every game since Mario involves some kind of mass-murder of an enemy population.
Well said and I agree. The only alternative to this is a game along the lines of Heavy Rain or Farenheit. If there's a game play experience that can deliver as much action as an Uncharted (or a movie of the same flavor) that doesn't involve involve mass slayings then we haven't played it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom