• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Radogol said:
You know he's going to be a villain in this one, right?

News about focus on Nate and Sully's relationship, something about a "deception" about Drake's identity...sorry guys, but I've already figured this one out:

i-am-your-father.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Naa, it'll be fine. Spring for HD Collection and Summer for TLG sounds perfect. Anything later would be a problem though.
It was going to be fall anyway, I doubt they'll move it forward months.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Shit! I miss NeoGAF for an hour and this happens?

WANT WANT WANT! So glad it's coming next year tooo! 2011 will be amazing.

Solo said:
Still say that the "UC2 improved DRASTICALLY over UC1!" crowd are nuts. Yes, UC2 did make a lot of small changes that resulted in a much more polished final product, but lets be real here - UC1 is an incredible game. This "jump" people speak of is like going from a 9.0 for UC1 to a 9.5 for UC2.
Uncharted 1 was a lot better when I went back to it after UC2 (still the better game). I felt like I 'got it' more.

Uncharted 2's pacing is fucking perfect though, and the gunplay and level design and stealth are just oodles better. I agree with what you're saying, but for me it's from like a 9.0 to a 10.5. Uncharted 2 is, like, Resident Evil 4 levels of good.

Empty

shagg_187 said:
Naa, it'll be fine. Spring for HD Collection and Summer for TLG sounds perfect. Anything later would be a problem though.

except ueda announced the release date as fall '11 at tgs, and when he did he said that's just the aim. that game is way better off in a heavy rain release period, as much as it coming so late makes me cry.

ezekial45

Banned
jett said:
News about focus on Nate and Sully's relationship, something about a "deception" about Drake's identity...sorry guys, but I've already figured this one out:

i-am-your-father.jpg

I don't doubt they would do something so obvious.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
StuBurns said:
It was going to be fall anyway, I doubt they'll move it forward months.

It doesn't matter when TLG hits honestly, because it definitely won't be as big as Uncharted, or some of the other games SCE will likely release in the Fall.

jett

D-Member
AranhaHunter said:
:O Will it have split screen this time? Please?

That would certainly take resources away from making the graphics more awesome.

I'm gonna file that one under fuck no.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Suzzopher said:
inFAMOUS 2, SOCOM 4, Killzone 3, Motorstorm Apocalypse, LittleBigPlanet 2, Resistance 3, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Move Heroes, Sorcery, TEAM ICO Collection, The Last Guardian and Uncharted 3, has any platform holder published that many(potentially) good games in one year?
who says ps3 has no game.

Mush said:

I WANT JAKE BACK. make that shit happen sony!

StuBurns

Banned
Kagari said:
It doesn't matter when TLG hits honestly, because it definitely won't be as big as Uncharted, or some of the other games SCE will likely release in the Fall.
That's certainly true if Sony don't care about releases going forward, but if they want to pace their top releases they probably won't want to drop them so close. Either way it'd be a matter of months, no big deal, I've waited this long.

recklessmind said:
The argument about how many people Drake kills is a retarded double standard people use to downplay a fantastic game.

A similar argument could be made about almost every other action/shooting game in existence. But Uncharted gets singled out, because it's narrative and cinematic quality are so disgustingly better than everything else -- apparently it's held to a higher standard.
Uncharted aspires to be an cinematic experience, unlike most games, therefore it makes sense to view it not only in comparison to other games, but to the films it aspires to emulate. Find me an adventure film with such a grievous body count. I love the Uncharted series, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy pointing out some of its more ridiculous incongruities.

Xater

DieH@rd said:
End of 2011:

Batman Arkham City
Tomb Raider reboot
Rage
Gears of War 3
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3

2011 will be as good a year for games as 2009 as it looks like. 2010 was a bit disappointing for me.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
ezekial45 said:
I don't doubt they would do something so obvious.

If they did... I bet they'd be so pissed that the very first piece of media released about the game basically spelled it out.

I read that article and I'm like... "OMG no, he's his father!?" :lol

Was my first thought. Hopefully that was just the writer being dumb.

Carl

Holy shit. Awesome stuff always happens when i have to go do something. Looks/sounds amazing, can't wait :D

Uncharted makes me happy :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
StuBurns said:
That's certainly true if Sony don't care about releases going forward, but if they want to pace their top releases they probably won't want to drop them so close. Either way it'd be a matter of months, no big deal, I've waited this long.

There's a lot of unannounced stuff still you know. People say things like this every year for all systems and it works out in the end.

btkadams

omgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!

Xater said:
2011 will be as good a year for games as 2009 as it looks like. 2010 was a bit disappointing for me.
i wholeheartedly agree. 2010 seemed like such a meh year for games. 2011 (at least for ps3 owners) seems like it might top any year this gen though.

I love me some ND.

Can't wait to play this.

Really hope there isn't a permanent fall out or anything between the two, I love both of the characters.

Norml

The story focuses on the hero’s relationship with his mentor and father figure, fan fave Victor “Sully”

:D That was all I needed for the next.

+>enemy spawning needs to more random for single player replaying and co-op.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Kilgore Trout said:
Uncharted aspires to be an cinematic experience, unlike most games, therefore it makes sense to view it not only in comparison to other games, but to the films it aspires to emulate. Find me an adventure film with such a grievous body count. I love the Uncharted series, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy pointing out some of its more ridiculous incongruities.

That was kind of a wordy way to say that I'm right.

StuBurns

Banned
Think the title has some hint at carrying on the first game's story to some extent? Maybe even a prequel? The Drake in the first game's title wasn't Nathan, maybe this is Francis too.

Kagari said:
There's a lot of unannounced stuff still you know. People say things like this every year for all systems and it works out in the end.
It didn't this year.

mrwilt

KAL2006 said:
Fuck, Sony 2011 is packed

Killzone 3
Twisted Metal
SOCOM 4
Resistance 3
MotorStorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2
NinoKuni
Sorcery
Ratchet All 4 One
Plastation Move Heroes
inFamous 2
Disgaea 4
Uncharted 3
Last Guardian

What a way to end the PS3 era and bring in the PS4 era. Very nice!

jett said:
That would certainly take resources away from making the graphics more awesome.

I'm gonna file that one under fuck no.

Fuck that, some of us have real life friends and would like to play together, thank you.

Jme

So, I know it's early but... when you get the game, which will you do first? Story mode, or Multiplayer?

I think for me, this time, I will just straight into multiplayer, at least for a few hours to see what's new. Then start the real game. I've spent like 10x more time playing MP than Single on UC2.

LiK

StuBurns said:
Think the title has some hint at carrying on the first game's story to some extent? Maybe even a prequel? The Drake in the first game's title wasn't Nathan, maybe this is Francis too.

It didn't this year.
We find out that Drake is related to Desmond.

Assassin's Creed x Uncharted: 2x Nolan North Edition

Hugbot

Oh, Mr. Drake.

I really, really need to play the first. The second was so god damn good, I want to see where it started before this comes out and makes it even harder to go back.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
KAL2006 said:
Fuck, Sony 2011 is packed

Killzone 3
Twisted Metal
SOCOM 4
Resistance 3
MotorStorm Apocalypse
LittleBigPlanet 2
NinoKuni
Sorcery
Ratchet All 4 One
Plastation Move Heroes
inFamous 2
Disgaea 4
Uncharted 3
Last Guardian

Is it just me or is every PS3 franchise except MAG getting a sequel next year. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom