• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 - E3 2011 Gameplay and Trailer

mr_nothin

Banned
OHHHH
MAAAHHHH
FUUUUCCCCKIIIINNN
GAAAAAWWWDDDDDD

The gameplay didnt do it for me that much but that trailer.
THAT FUCKIN TRAILER
OMFG!

jett

D-Member
alr1ghtstart said:
shiiiit @ the high quality trailer
icQigm.jpg

uploading. will be done in 10.

am i crazy or does this not look as good as last year's trailer.

KingK

Anyone else think of the opening level of MGS2 during that live demo?

Anyway, yeah. I was as giddy as a school girl while watching that demo and trailer. So fucking GOOD!

alr1ghtstart said:
shiiiit @ the high quality trailer
icQigm.jpg

uploading. will be done in 10.

Uncharted 2 made Uncharted 1 look like crap.

Uncharted 3 makes Uncharted 2 look like crap.

All in the span of four years.

How do they push and push like this

leadbelly

Banned
Fuck an Ipad 2, I would sell my kidney for this!

Oh wait... I can afford it. :/

Fuck it... take my kidney anyway.

"Stop talking... take my kidney already!"

How About No said:

Funny thing is most games still wished they looked as good as the first Uncharted.

dralla said:
I don't think any game this gen will make UC2 look like "crap"

after this I would love to see them make a new Jak game in this engine

True. More ambitious, polished.. perhaps? I don't know, but yeah UC2 is a stunner.

dralla

I don't think any game this gen will make UC2 look like "crap"

after this I would love to see them make a new Jak game in this engine

Keikoku

Banned
Looks like Uncharted
Haven't seen anything new gameplay-wise. I hope that gunplay is better at least, but it seems that this time I won't buy this day one.

jett

D-Member
How About No said:

Really now?

uncharted-2-high-quality.png

leadbelly

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Funny thing is most games still wished they looked as good as the first Uncharted.

Or if you take a PC snob's opinion: "The game looks like shit!"

I have seriously seen comments like that.

jett

D-Member
nelsonroyale said:
no, it looks better...in the actual footage at least...lighting is improved and set pieces look even more amitious

uncharted3_21.jpg

I disagree, lighting had a CG-like quality in the first trailer. I guess we were bullshotted.

leadbelly

Banned
nelsonroyale said:
no, it looks better...in the actual footage at least...lighting is improved and set pieces look even more amitious

I thought the fire in the burning house demo looked pretty impressive too. I think effects like fire have been improved.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Sony Conference gameplay was like a lesser quality U2 level.

Trailers shown since have been much better.

Atrus

Gold Member
After a second viewing, it doesn't look like the new boss henchman is Flynn. What looks to be a facial scar is actually a mole of some sort and Flynn didn't have that.

Also noticed in the trailer that when Drake had the torch in the ruins, he was shooing away those spiders that your player avatar could turn into for the mp portion of the game.

Based on the trailer it looks like the locations are:

Intro>Drake in Suit>French Chateau (no ring on Drakes neck)>Old Luxury Liner>Old lady's manor (ring on Drakes Neck)>Syria>Airfield>Plane on Takeoff/Midflight/Crashing>Desert>Lost City of Ubar>Ruins beneath Ubar>Atlantis (likely with lots of water and greenery to contrast the desert theme).

Drake obviously has to leave everyone behind in the 'I can't get on anything normally' transition to the plane and some or everyone joins up with him later I'm guessing.

This also leaves room for a Tenzen type character to help Drake when he's on his own because it would otherwise be lonely on this large stretch between the crash and the lost city.

Bad guys aside from fodder and likely MP skins are black guy with rope, The guy that looks like Flynn, Gotter (guy that shoots Drake), Diabolical Warlord, and wealthy old lady.

Atrus said:
Bad guys aside from fodder and likely MP skins are black guy with rope, The guy that looks like Flynn, Gotter (guy that shoots Drake), Diabolical Warlord, and wealthy old lady.
His name is Cutter, I think.

Irish

I really need to know more about that Subway promotion. I don't want to 'buy' the MP portion of the game beforehand and then buy it again when the game comes out. Maybe it will be like a superdemo that goes offline once the game releases? (with stats/XP that stay)

I think after this I'm going on media blackout. I am so, so hyped for this and do not need any more awesome setpieces spoiled for me.

Uncharted 3, awesome! And now: Peace, I'm out.

Keikoku said:
Looks like Uncharted
Haven't seen anything new gameplay-wise. I hope that gunplay is better at least, but it seems that this time I won't buy this day one.

Um they added the ability to swim underwater, also they expanded the melee combat, and in the trailer showed you riding a horse. I dont know what else you want them to do and thats just what we have seen so far.

bill.cosby

Neo Member
Man that looks great. The gameplay demo wasn't above anything we saw in UC2, but it didn't really need to be. The trailer was fantastic - I was giddy at seeing both Chloe and Elena back. The characters are the best part of the series to me.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
The game didn't really look THAT much better than UC2 so I wasn't really that blown away. Don't get me wrong though, I'm buying day 1!

Top Bottom