• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 - E3 2011 Gameplay and Trailer

16aqwj4.gif

10xc5km.gif

2eziv0w.gif

2itlldi.gif

24b7w3m.gif

i1xy74.gif

2qlfib8.gif

I said WoooooW

Credits to Alucard from Meristation

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really enjoyed the trailer. Looks like it will be another blast to through like 2 was.

But such a god awful demo level. Please developers, show me one that doesn't look like your going through a fun house with all those scripted events.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I watched one third of that trailer and I had to stop there when he sees that ruined desert city from the above. It's going to spoil too damn much, and what I've seen looked absolutely incredible.

Something that's been interesting to note is that the facial animation in the cutscene with Marlowe that was already shown, has been notably improved.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Irish said:
I really need to know more about that Subway promotion. I don't want to 'buy' the MP portion of the game beforehand and then buy it again when the game comes out. Maybe it will be like a superdemo that goes offline once the game releases? (with stats/XP that stay)
It'll be exactly like that. Competitive multi in Oct via Subway (no Co-Op, probably to keep the download size small) -> Subway servers shut off when retail hits -> automatic server side stat transfer to retail servers.

jett

D-Member
RyanardoDaVinci said:
And fix Sully's stache, you can barely see it.

Resolution is limiting the game's visuals.

First trailer was rendered in 1080p and then downscaled to 720p, brought us this:

uncharted3_sully.jpg

Irish

Killthee said:
It'll be exactly like that. Competitive multi in Oct via Subway (no Co-Op, probably to keep the download size small) -> Subway servers shut off when retail hits -> automatic server side stat transfer to retail servers.

Seems to make sense.

I LOOOOOVE the beJesus out of this franchise. Great characters, great graphics, great gameplay, great controls, and great multiplayer.*

*Great in U2 anyway. Yet to be determined if they're completely screwing with the multi in U3.

Easily the highlight of E3 for me so far. It's interesting how much I genuinely like these characters. When I saw Elena on screen I got a big grin on my face. ND really has created the best new franchise this gen.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Keikoku said:
there's something wrong with the perspective
No, there isn't, and if you actually watched the trailer you'd know that.

What you don't see on that picture is that the ruined town is on a level below where he stands.

Just fantastic. My single favourite franchise ever now.

Great year to be an Uncharted fan, with Drake's Deception, Golden Abyss, and The Fourth Labyrinth all coming out.

Plus, probably the best cast in all of gaming. Nolan North, Emily Rose, Richard McGonagle, and Claudia Black. Love 'em all.

Duffyside

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Just fantastic. My single favourite franchise ever now.

Great year to be an Uncharted fan, with Drake's Deception, Golden Abyss, and The Fourth Labyrinth all coming out.

Plus, probably the best cast in all of gaming. Nolan North, Emily Rose, Richard McGonagle, and Claudia Black. Love 'em all.
... What is that?

Lince

Banned
yeah the .gifs look unbelievable... the wait is a bit more unbearable now... thanks God for the beta in 3 weeks.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Oh yeah, the flooding water in the gameplay video (only part of it I've seen) was flipping incredible looking. It was like that crushing building from UC2 reveal, but this time with damn water pouring into it, and behaving like real water too. Amazing that they've managed to do something like that. Drake's animation was better than ever too. Wobbly balance thanks to ship swaying, touching things he runs past by as to keep the balance (has anyone else noticed this, it was such a great little touch)

Shaka said:
Elena and Chloe look a bit different.
They looks much, much better rendered. Yes, I watched the whole trailer now :-( Only once though, no hyperanalyzing.

Atrus

Gold Member
Deadly Joker said:
Only if Elena was a real woman....

Lord knows I'd marry.

Well, her voice actress Emily Rose is a lot like her in appearance. It's actually the only reason I actually watch Haven... I just pretend her partner Nathan in that show is Nathan Drake and she's Elena.

Drake riding on a horse looked ridiculously awesome.
I wanted to see the desert stuff demoed but what they did show was still great.

Top Bottom