• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Docpan

I guess sometimes I feel like great games don't NEED sequels when they do every fucking thing right. I look forward to improvements in new installments of a series and I really felt like Uncharted 2 had no flaws at all...

Docpan said:
I guess sometimes I feel like great games don't NEED sequels when they do every fucking thing right. I look forward to improvements in new installments of a series and I really felt like Uncharted 2 had no flaws at all...

The end of the first two Uncharted games haven't been on par with the rest of the game. So they haven't done everything right yet. I'm very interested in seeing if they can nail that.

Sweet Wallpaper xenorevlis. Its safe to say i'm hyped about the game and my desktop just got even better looking now with the wallpaper plus a few other touches using geektools.

Ricky_R

I will be posting this in the custom cover thread, but I figured it would be cool to post it here considering most Uncharted fans are already in here. ;)

uc3bcopy3d.png

Print link: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=ff1kx8mfs9qcok4

Docpan said:
Kind of finding it hard to believe that this could possibly be better than Uncharted 2. One of the most well rounded and flat out fucking awesome games I've ever played. It had everything I wanted from an action game and more.

I didn't have any hype for U3 for this reason. I just had the sense that they accomplished everything they wanted with part 2 and even trying to top it would miss the mark. IGN's review changed that.... Gonna wait to see what the rest of the big publications say before I throw down for full price though....

Holy shit, a wild Docpan appears!

1R2Mi.jpg

Cheers mate!

Ricky_R said:
I will be posting this in the custom cover thread, but I figured it would be cool to post it here considering most Uncharted fans are already in here. ;)

uc3bcopy3d.png

uc3r.jpg

Print link coming real soon...

Very well done! I really like that. If you could do a UC1 and UC2 one in that same style, that'd be so awesome.

SolidSnakex said:
The end of the first two Uncharted games haven't been on par with the rest of the game. So they haven't done everything right yet. I'm very interested in seeing if they can nail that.

Yeah, same.

A couple of the reviews I've read said that from a story standpoint, the game ends abruptly. I kind of felt the same after playing through U1 the first time but grew to appreciate it more in the long run. I hope its the same case here.

In terms of gameplay, 1 and 2 sucked. I have hopes for 3 but havent heard anything about the ending. Hopefully ND does it justice.

Nizz

Very late here, but wanted to show the thread love. I always enjoy Bruce's OTs. Very well done.

Ricky_R

Thanks... I'll try to do some similar covers for Uncharted 1 and 2 when I can.

Also, I have the cover in CMYK in case anybody wants like that. I had trouble hosting it that way.

iratA

OMG That pic of Drake's face, bullshot or not, is amazing! ND Artists take a bow.

Also great work on the OP Bruce. +1 HYPE etc..

Peterthumpa

Lord Error said:
There's cutscenes that run entirely in real time in both previous games. We'll see, I guess.

Also, I remember in UC2 people were posting close ups of character in gameplay and same character in cutscene. Model and textures were identical, there was some difference in lighting but that was it. DOF of that quality was already in UC2 during gameplay on the environment outside of where you aim btw.
Really? Not doubting about it but I would like to see those screens...
But nah, let's wait for Uncharted 3 and my public apologies (hopefully so) =p

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I tried watching the gamespot review and got pissed because they have (edit: an excessive amount of) spoilers all throughout it just like the game trailers one.

darkwing

EloquentM said:
I tried watching the gamespot review and got pissed because they have spoilers all throughout it just like the game trailers one.

video reviews always have spoilers, even the IGN one has small ones

EloquentM

aka Mannny
darkwing said:
video reviews always have spoilers, even the IGN one has small ones
the IGN one wasn't bad (I watched it twice I believe). the gamespot and gametrailers one is just excessive and unnecessary in conveying the appeal of the game.

iratA

EloquentM said:
I tried watching the gamespot review and got pissed because they have spoilers all throughout it just like the game trailers one.

The IGN written review isn't too nasty as far as spoilers are concerned. Providing you've seen at least some of the early media.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
iratA said:
The IGN written review isn't too nasty as far as spoilers are concerned. Providing you've seen at least some of the early media.
I've read and watched the IGN review but the GS ant GT is just full of plot spoilers without remorse.

EloquentM said:
I've read and watched the IGN review but the GS ant GT is just full of plot spoilers without remorse.

Going to give them a wide berth then, always avoid GT anyway I suppose due to their spoilerific reputation.

SRG01

Is there local split screen co-op campaign in U3? OP was vague about it, and everything I found indicates split-screen co-op, but nothing about the main story :(

EloquentM

aka Mannny
SRG01 said:
Is there local split screen co-op campaign in U3? OP was vague about it, and everything I found indicates split-screen co-op, but nothing about the main story :(
only local split screen in the 5 co-op missions and co-op arena

darkwing

SRG01 said:
no coop in main story, that would break the set pieces etc..

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
felipepl said:
Really? Not doubting about it but I would like to see those screens...
But nah, let's wait for Uncharted 3 and my public apologies (hopefully so) =p
It was in a years old Uncharted 2 thread, there's no way I can ever find that. Maybe Jett still has that, I think he posted it. That screen posted by SSX is definitely supersampled (rendered at a very high resolution and then scaled down), which is enough for some people to call it bullshot. Game won't have antialiasing like that, most likely not in cutscenes either. In UC1&2 they kept same 2xMSAA in cutscenes as in the rest of the game, probably so that it doesn't look odd.

Puddles said:
1% of the posters make 85% of the Sony 1st party OTs.
Sigh, there's that blasted monocle. Yes, young man, 1% and there's no new openings in GAF diamond club.

Saw the original OP as well as the updated one. Bruce, you've done it again.

Anxiously awaiting my copy from the AMC event and despite not really being that great at MP, I'm starting to consider getting the Fortune Hunter Pass.

Starting to warm up to the CE, but I'll be more than happy with the SE.

SolidSnakex said:
http://i.imgur.com/SkmlO.jpg[IMG]

Nice improvement over his U2 model.[/quote]

Replaying through UC1 and I thought the jump from Uncharted to U2 was amazing. The jump from U2 to U3 is mindblowingly awesome.

Fuck Adam Sessler, why you gotta spoil shit goddamn it.

Even with a media blackout I know way more than I wanted to know. Because ND showed so much of this game over the span of a year, I would end up seeing a screenshot or read something once a month, over the span of a year thats a lot of stuff I know now.

I think all I knew of U2 before release was that bus scene, a train level and Tibet. It helped me enjoy the game that much more. Its my fault though, I would always read peoples reactions in U3 threads so I was inevitably going to read spoilers. It just so hard to stay away lol.

darkwing

SRG01 said:
Dammit, I can't play it with my GF then... not sure how she'd like co-op missions or arena.
the coop missions is like an extension of the story but yeah, it looks like the one in uc2

Anyone know for sure when the Subway winners will receive the game aside from the stated 8-10 weeks? I know GT5 and infamous 2 shipped a bit early, is that the same case for UC3?

I mean I'm sorry but if it really takes 8-10 weeks that destroys the excitement of winning the game. I don't think anyone who wants the game or is excited to win it is actually going to want to wait that long.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The images are kind of messed up? The ordering, I mean.

Top Bottom