• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

jett

D-Member
gibration said:
Yea which is kind of disappointing. That means I have played every map but one. :(

Yeaaa that's disappointing indeed. 11 maps then. Weird number. Maybe we'll get a free DLC like The Fort? :p

Trick_GSF

Banned
Been on a blackout for a month or so, but I couldn't help but checkout the OT, and a great OT it is too.

Hope everyone enjoys the game.

20h7jm9.gif

It’s...it’s beautiful. Thread of the gen for the game of the gen.

Linconan

Can't wait till me Explorers Edition comes in the mail.

On another note:
I just watched a video review and saw too much than i would've liked.
I'm on my way to the shed to hang myself. Goodbye gaf..lol

But seriously,
cannot wait, it WILL be an awesome f'n game!

h3ro

Lord Error said:
BLR is like Supa Hot Fire, really - just as everyone thinks they have him figured out... he wins that.

iVxId5TGIo81B.gif

iQ6ou02shkXUZ.gif

That post on GAF?

I POST IT

but I'm not a thread maker.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome header image. The last one was awesome too, but it wasn't wallpaper worthy for me.

Great OP, Bruce! Thanks man!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
funkystudent said:
is it me or does Elena's face look more pointy in U3 then it was in u2 and u1?
She's looked different in UC2 than she did in UC1, and looks slightly different again. Same with Drake, he's changed slightly in every game. His face was definitely more pointy in first game and looks more rounded now.

Ars Technica review actually complained about Elena's redesign, but I don't see a big change worth complaining to be honest.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Wonder if i should order the special edition guide now or wait until after i beat the game. This waiting makes me want to play uncharted 1 and 2 again. Got to get back my copy of uncharted 1 from my friend

Luthos

SolidSnakex said:
SkmlO.jpg

Nice improvement over his U2 model.
Man, I'm currently replaying U2 right now, and that is a ridiculously good improvement. I know U1 to U2 was out of this world, but U3 is some kinds of awesome.

SolidSnakex said:
SkmlO.jpg

I'm not the one to go crazy over a fictional characters but S.W.O.O.N. Drakes model this time around is amazing.
I can't believe how much better the eyes are in this game. They really bothered me in the last game but now i keep on staring at them in amazement.

Raonak

Banned
LeonSKennedy90 said:
Could we NOT keep quoting the big ass image
I don't think anyone knows which picture you're talking about; you shoud've quoted it. :(

dat drake. His eyes look... sooo deep. I want to see a hi-res pics of all the characters. Only seen drake and sully only :|

Made this in school today while bored. Using it as my desktop now - its just a color tweaked composite of two original art releases by Naughty Dog.

Click the image for 1920x1080

If you want smaller / larger let me know. Original file is 4 times as big.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Luthos said:
Man, I'm currently replaying U2 right now, and that is a ridiculously good improvement. I know U1 to U2 was out of this world, but U3 is some kinds of awesome.
Hah, I'm replaying some scenes from UC1 now, and the difference in his face compared to that is just absolutely ridiculous.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Just curious but how many gaffers here pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of UC3? This is my first Uncharted experience, and I'm starting this series with a bang by purchasing the CE! :D

In addition, for those who pre-ordered the game through Amazon, do they usually ship the game the night before its actual release date?

Thanks!

Docpan

Kind of finding it hard to believe that this could possibly be better than Uncharted 2. One of the most well rounded and flat out fucking awesome games I've ever played. It had everything I wanted from an action game and more.

I didn't have any hype for U3 for this reason. I just had the sense that they accomplished everything they wanted with part 2 and even trying to top it would miss the mark. IGN's review changed that.... Gonna wait to see what the rest of the big publications say before I throw down for full price though....

Raonak

Banned
Puddles said:
1% of the posters make 85% of the Sony 1st party OTs.

#Occupy Gaming Side.
wouldn't it be the same ratio for nearly every OT? just posters who're excited about the game post.

xenorevlis said:
Made this in school today while bored. Using it as my desktop now - its just a color tweaked composite of two original art releases by Naughty Dog.

Click the image for 1920x1080

If you want smaller / larger let me know. Original file is 4 times as big.

Fantastic work, dude.

Angry Fork said:
If you just ruined a twist/spoiler for me I will retroactively murder you after I complete the game etc.

You bring the bleach, I'll bring the shovels.

Docpan said:
Kind of finding it hard to believe that this could possibly be better than Uncharted 2. One of the most well rounded and flat out fucking awesome games I've ever played. It had everything I wanted from an action game and more.

I didn't have any hype for U3 for this reason. I just had the sense that they accomplished everything they wanted with part 2 and even trying to top it would miss the mark. IGN's review changed that.... Gonna wait to see what the rest of the big publications say before I throw down for full price though....

Have you considered that while it isn't as big of a jump as U2 was, it will still be as awesome and well-rounded?

That pic of Nate looks fantastic. His model is great.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
SolidSnakex said:
http://i.imgur.com/SkmlO.jpg

Nathan, you one suave handsome son of a fish.
Hats off to the artists @ ND. How do you guys do this? There better be a shit ton of behind the scene footage. Those are some of my favorites; the people behind the game. How the whole thing comes together. I truly appreciate all of it.

Peterthumpa

SolidSnakex said:
SkmlO.jpg

That's gotta be a new level for PS3 bullshoting.

Insane amounts of AA, HQ textures. DOF... I can't comprehend why people still think that the cutscenes in Uncharted are real time (or pretend to think they are). And I'm already waiting the "but they're done using engine assets", but frankly, that's the same thing that happened when the first screenshots for Ratchet and Clank appeared. "Oh my, Pixar level graphics, gonna cum". Yeah, right.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PS3, I love Uncharted, just give praise for what's really worth it.

Luthos

Docpan said:

You have to be convinced to throw down the money for a sequel to one of your favorite games? =\

I was day 1 sold the second they announced it.

felipepl said:

Insane amounts of AA, HQ textures. DOF... I can't comprehend why people still think that the cutscenes in Uncharted are real time (or pretend to think they are). And I'm already waiting the "but they're done using engine assets", but frankly, that's the same thing that happened when the first screenshots for Ratchet and Clank appeared. "Oh my, Pixar level graphics, gonna cum". Yeah, right.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PS3, I love Uncharted, just give praise for what's really worth it.

There's always one that has to ruin the jizz fest...

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
felipepl said:

There's cutscenes that run entirely in real time in both previous games. We'll see, I guess.

Also, I remember in UC2 people were posting close ups of character in gameplay and same character in cutscene. Model and textures were identical, there was some difference in lighting but that was it. DOF of that quality was already in UC2 during gameplay on the environment outside of where you aim btw.

Top Bottom