• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

The Chef

And NOW Bruce shows his true colors. God the original OP was the funniest thing on Gaf in ages hahahaha. So brilliant. Excellent new OP.
How did you even make that main image? Stinkin amazing work.

gdt

Oh man so close!!!!!!

Can someone clarify for me what the co-op is? (I've been ignoring most info)

Is it Portal 2 separate campaign style?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Love the first wallpaper picture. Best one you've done so far IMO.

Dunno if Bruce wants to add this to OT, but I'll post it here regardless:

I've made Uncharted themed Weather / Countdown-to-UC3 App for iOS.

It's free, and you can get it from here: http://bit.ly/ucweatherapp

It's a Weather app with current weather, forecasts, warnings, animations, retina gfx, and a few unique things of its own. It's very fast and functional, and yes, 100% dedicated to Uncharted with its theme, visuals, and obviously a countdown to UC3 release. Being a huge fan of these games myself, I can say that it makes even the rainy days a bit more bright when I look at it :) ND seemed to like it too!

The app offers the icon badge countdown that will update every day to show you how many days are left until the release (or you can change it to count down to anything you want really). Alternatively, badge can show the last measured temeprature.

Here are some screenshots. Each weather type has a few backgrounds that I've pieced together from edited screenshots of the three games, and when it's snowing or raining there are animations for rain, snow, thunder, snow accumulates on chest, etc.

im04n6.jpg
ruu3w5.jpg

2le2hc2.jpg
9h2ckn.jpg

daffy

Banned
Hello,

So, did anyone ever find out when the Fortune Club bonus may expire ? IS it before the DLC begins or before the game releases ?

Kenshin001 said:
Pretty mediocre OT, the new one, not the old one. Guess it's simple though.

tumblr_left4tCTPB1qf8yek.gif

Someone needs to make a custom cover like the ones posted in the UC2 OT. That way, all of the games can look like awesome journals.

Kandinsky said:
Is this guy..
character6.jpg

.. related to Drake? he looks exactly like him in the game.

Now that would be a twist.

Though no one's played the game, so who knows? One thirty something brown haired white guy doesn't look that different from another ;)

SamuraiX- said:
Somebody seriously needs to update Bruce's tag.

One of the most epic trolls in GAF history. hah

Agreed.

Angry Fork

Kandinsky said:
Is this guy..
.. related to Drake? he looks exactly like him in the game.
If you just ruined a twist/spoiler for me I will retroactively murder you after I complete the game etc.

jett

D-Member
Is that really the entirety of the multiplayer maps that are shipping with the game? Or just the ones known?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Awesome OT.

Finally Pre-ordered this baby from Amazon last week (don't actually know why I put it off for so long), along with Skyrim.

November is going to be amazing.

I usually contain my hype, but the Uncharted series just...does things to my reason and logic, and the closer it gets to next Tuesday, the more excited I get. My boss already knows what's up, so I can't convincingly take the day off. lol. Ironically enough, he'll probably do it. I think he may be as excited about the game as I am.

Fortunately, I have so many games on my plate (like Batman: Arkham City), that will make the next 7 days bearable.

I've actually avoided UC3 news, after the last game (I followed it like crazy, got spoiled by Gametrailers review, and wasn't terribly surprised by much - despite UC2 being one of my favorite games of all time). This time, though, I barely know anything about UC3. I watched two or three game clips (trailer, demo, quick cutscene with the villain), but other than that, I really don't have much of an idea of what the game is about (besides the focal point of Drake's quest this time).

Super excited to let the game unfold for me. I probably won't contribute much to this thread until I'm done though.

Still wondering how they're going to do a Drake vs. Marlow climactic battle, considering that she's not exactly a physical opponent. If she's the last boss somehow I hope they do something creative and exciting there.

jett said:
Is that really the entirety of the multiplayer maps that are shipping with the game? Or just the ones known?
The ones I could find info on. There might be more maps that aren't DLC. We'll find out soon enough.

Puddles

Banned
I just want to point out that if the forum went with my suggestion for OTs, this kind of thing would never happen.

Back on topic: game looks great, will buy.

If that's all the maps then that means we've seen every new map they've made save for one (Dry Docks) and everything else is DLC, seriously hope that's not the case.
It is isn't it :(

DigiMish

There's a video out that shows someone with the retail copy of UC3, and there's no multiplayer map called Dry Docks. There's one called City of Brass though. Other than that, the list is correct.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Very informative. Funny, classy. I like it.

Nice job on the official thread.

Only a matter of days! :D

gibration

DigiMish said:
There's a video out that shows someone with the retail copy of UC3, and there's no multiplayer map called Dry Docks. There's one called City of Brass though. Other than that, the list is correct.
Yea which is kind of disappointing. That means I have played every map but one. :(

Top Bottom