• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I agree with ya. It's by no means anywhere near close to summer beta (<333) levels of fun, but the game is pretty balanced and in a much better state that it has ever been since the Subway beta minus the stupid Stat hats.. The booster changes though are still the #1 issue with the last patch. WTF were they thinking...

It's still my go to MP game. There's just no other MP game that satisfies my itch like this one.

Edit:

I gotta give props to ND too for making block mesh maps. I don't think any other developer have released maps like that ever in an MP game. Each map is different and plays differently too. As much as I got tired of dodgeball that was a pretty awesome idea as well.

So after two years of playing this game off and on, I finally ran into my first hacker. Had infinite ammo shooting the RPG like it was automatic. smh.

GRIP

So after two years of playing this game off and on, I finally ran into my first hacker. Had infinite ammo shooting the RPG like it was automatic. smh.

Name wasn't II-KAKAROT-II, was it?

Dude late joined a game I was playing in tonight and was using the unlimited ammo hack. My team was getting destroyed by a party of 4 (it was me and 4 F2P players) and this dude late joined and had an RPG for the entire match (I know he was cheating because he was spamming RPG shots like it was a para). As much as I couldn't stand all the shit talking from the other team, I felt like shit that this guy, who was obviously cheating was the reason we won the match. I think he went 28-0 in the match and all the guys on the other team were saying they were going to report him in the post game lobby. Not like that is going to do anything.

Name wasn't II-KAKAROT-II, was it?

Nope. Boyka-win was his name. The guy dropped in half-way into the Three TDM me and my friend were playing. We were confused why we were getting steamrolled all of a sudden. We just hid from him the rest of the game.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
zrlsGPe.jpg

Why. Why. Why. Why. :|

This game's matchmaking is such shit.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Odd question: I have Uncharted 3 on disc. Can I download the free to play multiplayer client and use my existing save file to continue with my multiplayer status?

iLLmAtlc

Odd question: I have Uncharted 3 on disc. Can I download the free to play multiplayer client and use my existing save file to continue with my multiplayer status?

Do you mean keep playing with your current rank, weapons, skins, etc? If that's your question, yes. The only thing is you can't make get any treasures, level up or make any sort of progress.

I didn't realize how long it would take to get through 4th legacy. I'm dreading the climb on 5th legacy to max rank. I guess it won't matter too much though as I work on making all boosters gold. It would probably help if I played anything besides plunder, lol.

Thinking about downloading the free to play client and buying the no level limit. Anyone know how much it costs?

Edit: Nevermind, $20 for the no level limit isn't worth it. Would have been nice to have TLoU in the disc player and UC3 multiplayer digitally to swap between the two without changing discs.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was just put up against a party of 5, and you guessed it. My team mates are nothing but fucking noobs that did not get a SINGLE fucking kill throughout the whole match. What. The. Fuck.

Seriously. Not even 1. This is fucking bullshit.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Playing with a full party is boring as hell unless your party purposefully make up rules to make the matches interesting like Tau only or raffica only with Cursed Idol as your kickback, because all your opponents will be nothing but noobs. Even when you get paired up against another party 9/10 the other party will lobby quit. Smaller parties are more interesting to me or to lone wolf. Yeah its frustrating sometimes when you lone wolf it up, but it's more entertaining to me. I like a challenge and with a Po5 there's hardly any challenge to be had.

GRIP

Yeah, playing in full parties really isn't all that much fun. Constantly seeing "SOandSO left the game" and having to find the 1-2 players on the other team that haven't quit yet isn't enjoyable. Especially considering that everyone else on your team is doing the same thing and you end up with scores like 6-0-12.

To each his own. I see it more as a leisure activity these days. Even in TLOU MP, I rarely use the mercenary playlists.

Regarding n00bs, I'm a n00b in KZ:SF MP and nobody uses inferior weapons to give me an easy time, lol. All those TPS/UC3 F2P noobs could be FPS/KZ veterans for all I know, so I don't see the point of disadvantaging myself.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Noob stomping with a Po5 is boring for me, and it's a terrible experience for the new players. Thankfully, I'm fortunate enough to play with an awesome group of friends who understand this concept so the rare occasions I do play in a Po5, I have fun in the process and the noobs stand a chance. I don't see the disadvantage part since we are still going to win the match, regardless if we use our regular loadouts or special ones. We've had our most hilarious matches that way. And really, it is a shame that most people aren't willing to do this in online games, but whatever.

I'd be in the Mercenary playlist all the time if UC3 had it.

EDIT:

1xzB64R.png

all that blindfire.

2x Edit:

1,305,375,751 melee kills. Holy shit :lol

I was playing UC3 all day on Monday and had the 'pleasure' of meeting up with quite a few 5 member parties (max rank/legacy of course) who would trash talk before the match even started. What made it even worse was they were making fun of the beginners who were still learning to aim properly. Yeah, that will sure help the UC3 population stay constant instead of declining even further. Of course 1v1 most of these players aren't that great but the fact that they have better than the average teammates means they'll still win.

On a positive note I went up 10 levels, L4R45, and got a few friend requests from people I played against.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
That's what usually happens when you get paired up against most parties of 5 who have mics. I've also had the pleasure of meeting quite a few parties of 5 who have admitted to enjoying noob stomping to boost up their KDR's and if they ever get paired up against another party or worthy opponents, they'll lobby quit. They've told me this on the mic and I've even gotten messaged about it. Fucking lol

I don't even get on mic most of the time I play solo, and I still get an influx of hate messages. It's a daily thing. It's hilarious. And because of my stats, you can just imagine the amount of trash talking people do on the mic. :lol

This is why I prefer no stat card (a la UC2/TLOU MP) and no in-game chat (PS4 Party Chat FTW!).

And honestly, if people wanna back out, let them back out legitimately (not via glitches). TLOU MP allows you to do that, so it doesn't cause party splits. Nobody wants to play against a stacked party from KSA (especially when they host, lol).

Last night was not my night. I'm not sure if it was it was terrible hosts or my wife streaming upstairs while I'm playing downstairs but I could not aim for shit. I still killed a bit more than I died but...meh.

Didn't help that the last match of plunder was against a 4 party and it was an actually competitive game. What made it frustrating was we could have won if one of the idiots on our team would have stopped trying to kill everyone with a pistol instead of his long gun. I'm not sure if he was trying to level up a weapon expert booster or what but he wasn't able to kill people anyways so it didn't matter. At some point during the match I started trolling him (shooting at him and following him) until he got the point but by then it was too late =/.

Edit: 50ft Ethernet cable coming tonight so I can finally set up a wire connection to my ps3, woot!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Ran into my first hacker tonight. He was invulnerable to shots and was spamming Hammer everywhere. Dodie-man20 watch out for him.
I ran into one myself just now, named Rambo-for-u. If you didn't know, if you stealth kill a hacker, he won't be able to respawn for the entire match and that's just what I did. He managed to score ten kills by spamming infinite mag shots and I managed to stealth kill him, which caused him not to respawn for the whole match. I just kept taunting him over and over again for the whole match until he decided to quit towards the 47 kill mark. What a fucking failure. :lol

He then messages me trying to 1 vs 1 me. Fucking lol.

I ran into one myself just now, named Rambo-for-u. If you didn't know, if you stealth kill a hacker, he won't be able to respawn for the entire match and that's just what I did. He managed to score ten kills by spamming infinite mag shots and I managed to stealth kill him, which caused him not to respawn for the whole match. I just kept taunting him over and over again for the whole match until he decided to quit towards the 47 kill mark. What a fucking failure. :lol

He then messages me trying to 1 vs 1 me. Fucking lol.

This is awesome.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Monochrome_F3ar

Neo Member
The tripled with the spiders tonight made my day. Nothing in this game pisses me off more than when I activate a kickback and lose it because I'm killed while in cover or hiding behind something and I still die.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
:lol :lol :lol

That was fucking epic. Serves them right for camping inside the museum.

Great matches we've had this past week!

I'm gonna try and beat my record of 5 Head Hunters in a single match. I feel like it's impossible, but hey! Worth trying.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So if you guys haven't been keeping up, on the ND forum, the user, "iCloudSky" who happens to be an MVP (lol) came out and admitted he is one of the people that help boost the Ibiza_Twist account on Uncharted 3. Nice to see Sony allows people like him become MVP's. What a joke. Watch him squirm in that thread here:

http://community.us.playstation.com...e-all-maps-into-rotation/td-p/42921103/page/6

Ohhhh and BTW :

we ran into that hacker again and my buddy Shane stealth killed him and made him quit :lol :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've been having more fun with my KAL7 and TAU load out lately.
I don't care what anyone says, those loadouts are fun as hell. I love playing with Cutter's KAL and getting headshots. And the new TAU is just great, even if it sucks ass while scoped in now. It's a hate mail fest when you play, but there isn't a single day where I don't get hate mail anyway, so fuck it. Keep on fighting the good fight.

Ibiza_Twist said:
hahahaha oh man

Or am I the odd one out? I should probably update to 1.18 soon...

lol @ ibiza
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I love how you renamed him Ibiza_Twist, lol.

I want to play more often. It's been forever since I hopped on to play daily/weekly. Hope I catch you guys on tonight to play (or sometime this weekend).

Xdye7

is the gmal still op

did southpaw make any new sweet essays

when is the next bigkrew tournament

triplekek for president

AKyemeni

I don't care what anyone says, those loadouts are fun as hell. I love playing with Cutter's KAL and getting headshots. And the new TAU is just great, even if it sucks ass while scoped in now. It's a hate mail fest when you play, but there isn't a single day where I don't get hate mail anyway, so fuck it. Keep on fighting the good fight.

The hate mail is what I strive for lol.

So if you guys haven't been keeping up, on the ND forum, the user, "iCloudSky" who happens to be an MVP (lol) came out and admitted he is one of the people that help boost the Ibiza_Twist account on Uncharted 3. Nice to see Sony allows people like him become MVP's. What a joke. Watch him squirm in that thread here:

http://community.us.playstation.com...e-all-maps-into-rotation/td-p/42921103/page/6
You know what's funny?

I remember having a PM conversation with EvangM about why they don't ban account sharers and he told me that they needed some hard evidence to do that...

There is an XMB screenshot which shows "famous" people sharing PSN accounts and now we have a confession from iCloudSky. Oh well, too bad EvangM doesn't work at ND anymore!

true

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I remember seeing that image before, too.

And that thread, holy shit. :lol

Shit hit the fucking fan in there. Hahaha.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Guys.........

I'm MXRIX....... and Miracle-7
:lol :lol

It's always a riot running into those two players. MXRIX in particular. I'll never forget our awesome TO match with her and FABOLES. they got wrecked lol. Miracle 7 is always in FFA and since I hardly play that mode, I haven't had the pleasure running into him that often. Always has Cloaked and camps hardcore in FFA the times I've played against Miracle.

The lab map that they have right now with all the ziplines is so much fun. But some people like to ruin the fun and just camp with sniper rifles. I don't care though. Having too much fun ziplining everywhere.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Naughty Dog, you really need to force the DLC maps download on an update so that you only have one player pool. It's getting harder and harder to find matches that are not TDM in this game now. Create one player pool by forcing the DLC maps to download in order to play online. They are free, so there's no excuse.

Top Bottom