• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I've played UC3 MP with the PS4 controller. I didn't notice a difference except the lack of rumble. Everything else felt the same.

Lack of rumble is okay in my book. Doesn't really add that much to the experience for me like it use to back in the PSone days. I usually turn it off in most games now, but was so use to the feel of pulsating plastic in my hands in Uncharted games. Turned it off recently and it's helped my aim in UC3 so much.

edit: Do the in-game leaderboards not load for anyone else?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
They were removed. They were garbage anyway since the leaderboards were hacked. Next game shouldn't have leaderboards whatsoever because all it does is ruin the experience for everyone. Just have a private Stat card that one YOU can see and that's it. There won't be any bragging rights when it's private to you only.

They were removed. They were garbage anyway since the leaderboards were hacked. Next game shouldn't have leaderboards whatsoever because all it does is ruin the experience for everyone. Just have a private Stat card that one YOU can see and that's it. There won't be any bragging rights when it's private to you only.

Agreed 100%.

There were no leaderboards in UC2 for a good while. It seemed as soon as they were added, the tryhards appeared. More games should get rid of them. They're hacked within weeks anyway. Or in CODs case before the game even comes out.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I believe there's a double XP and rare treasure drop weekend going on right now. So if you're still hunting for those co-op treasures I suggest you play and tolerate Hunter Arena.

I believe there's a double XP and rare treasure drop weekend going on right now. So if you're still hunting for those co-op treasures I suggest you play and tolerate Hunter Arena.

I forget now, do the skins you get from co-op adventure drop on hard as well as crushing?

eloestmn

Finally, 2+ years later I got the last treasure I need for those fraking Cat Ears. It dropped 30 seconds into the first Hunter match I played to day. Also got one that unlocked the Night Vision goggles in competitive.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Finally, 2+ years later I got the last treasure I need for those fraking Cat Ears. It dropped 30 seconds into the first Hunter match I played to day. Also got one that unlocked the Night Vision goggles in competitive.
Nice!!! Congrats man!!!

After 2 years and playing many, many Arena games over the last few days, I just found out that you can stockpile clusterbombs!

I've been earning the medals, activating it and then earning 8 more medals; I just assumed that 2 was the maximum I could carry. Then tonight, I accidentally activated it while I already had one waiting and another icon popped up underneath -- I kept doing that until I had 5 of them before I had to use them.

Sucks when you die from a random rocket and lose them all, though.

After 2 years and playing many, many Arena games over the last few days, I just found out that you can stockpile clusterbombs!

I've been earning the medals, activating it and then earning 8 more medals; I just assumed that 2 was the maximum I could carry. Then tonight, I acciddentally activated it while I already had one waiting and another icon popped up underneath -- I kept doing that until I had 5 of them before I had to use them.

Sucks when you die from a random rocket and lose them all, though.

I knew you could do it, but I always assumed you needee explosive expert to do it for the longest time.
If people are going for the adventure skins, I may have got lucky, but I got Francis Drake on 3 tries of the London level on hard, and that was with screwing up the grinding, i.e. killing the last enemy in the smoke room when trying to suicide with grenades to refight the boss and having no lives on the outside area and getting screwed over instantly.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You're right, it probably is another PR stunt. They did the same thing for UC3 with the lag thread.

The best part? People fall for it every time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
TDM with randoms. Went 37-7, got 85 medals, forced the match to go into Overtime and lost by 1 point.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Most of the times can be frustrating but yesterday, I had a great time playing coop arena with randoms and completed 5 crushing coop arena in a row. Not bad.

http://community.us.playstation.com...layer/December-Q-amp-A-ANSWERED/td-p/42527163

"There's a very cool Hunter and I want to play as him. So why we aren't able to select our favorite Hunter or Firefly in Customization (or at least the Gender)? It won't destroy the idea of Factions because we would still play as a normal Hunter/Firefly." - SonGaton

We looked at giving more choice but didn’t have the time and resources to implement it. However, the idea of not being able to get attached or dependent on any one character is part of the tension and chaos of the game world. That’s part of the reason you get random characters as well.

"Are you ever going to prioritize triangle functions? If an enemy is near a supply box I am trying to shiv not open a box. If I throw a smoke bomb at an opponent I’m trying to shiv not pick up my downed teammate etc." - INCANGENERAL

We’re looking into smoothing out priority selection on the actions that disrupt game flow but we don’t have any plans to re-map buttons. The actions are contextual to your location.

"Is the "shiv dance" strategy an intentional mechanic in the TLoU MP? E: You can get this to work by circling around an enemy, easiest done whilst they're in the middle of a melee animation." - TeabagMcFrag

Shiv dance? Interesting name. It was intentionally included as part of the combat design. However, we’re tweaking it a bit with our next patch but we want usage of the shiv to be as flexible as possible.

"Why was the High-Five dialogue removed in UC3 MP? During the Subway Beta, and early days of release, some characters would say lines like "Nice work!", "High-Five!" and "That was awesome!" when high-fiving with their buddy. More dialogue makes the game more cinematic, and helps give you the sense you're actually playing as the character you selected. That said, all is forgiven if you let us communicate with team mates with pre-selected character lines in UC4. I'd adore it if Elena could say things like "Wait/Stop", "Kill them/They're over here", "Follow me/Come here", "Get back/Wait here, I'll check it out" "Let's do this quietly", and "Nice one!"." - SjShane

It’s about balancing resources available. Sound files take up space. We have a limited amount of data we can pack onto the disc, or into a download, or else the MP won’t run smoothly. It’s a balancing act.

"With left behind coming soon will there be any future add-ons...weapons, maps?" - twomen1

We have the third DLC drop on the Season Pass coming after Left Behind. It focuses on multiplayer. More details about what it is will be coming in early 2014.

"A large number of users have been complaining of intermittent freezes while playing Factions since patch 1.05. Is the dev team aware of this issue and trying to fix it?" - demonsta500

We are aware and we’ve been testing different network and matchmaking settings that seek to address these issues. Every user network environment is different but we try to optimize these issues so they are rarely experienced. Please continue to report any issue to us on the forums.

"Do you have an ETA when we can expect the machete buff and the burst damage vs armor patch?" - ProfessorTurnip

We’re working on the next patch for TLOU MP and this fix should be in there if we have time to address it.

"Hey ND. Just wondering if the corner shooting with the bow is legitimate or a glitch. Would like to hear your feedback. Thanks! :smileyhappy: Reference:http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/UPDATE-2-0-Corner-Shooting-with-th... - Shenta

It’s legitimate and we wanted it in the game. It’s something we’re considering re-balancing if it gets too out of control. It’s simply a technique right now.

"Do you plan on making a sequel to The Last of Us? If so, can you drop any hints about it, or when it may be released?" - SkaiiFall

We are working The Last of Us: Left Behind right now. UNCHARTED for PS4 is our next project. Beyond that it’s a savage land, anyone’s guess.

"When do you plan on giving us more ranks/symbols to level through? I've been at the 10th rank for like 2 months." - DOPESTSOLDIER

You’re awesome. A majority of the players aren’t there yet so consider yourself elite. We’re investigating adding more ranks potentially but it’s not guaranteed. However trophies will be happening at some point so look for those.

"Do you still plan on releasing new mesh maps for UC3?" – Derflinger

We’ve released all the Block Mesh Lab Maps we have ready to date. If we can find time to resurrect some of the ones that never got finished but need some work we might add more. However, it’s looking unlikely that we will have time and resources to do that.

"Which multiplayer did you, the developers, have more fun playing, Uncharted 3 or The Last of Us?" – Akyemeni

That’s a very subjective and difficult to answer question. A lot of our devs who worked on Uncharted 3 MP also worked on TLOU MP. It’s always a matter of making the MP that’s the most fun that fits the game. They were both a lot of fun and we hope you feel the same way.

--

Am I the only one who doesn't buy the "balancing act" excuse? Is that why they removed Rika, too? lol

I guess we should expect less one-liners in UC4 MP, because PS4 textures require more Blu-Ray disc space? The PS4 uses the exact same technology (dual-layer Blu-Ray discs).

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man I don't buy that either. They could have said something like, "we wanted to save some money and didn't wanna pay the voice actors more, that's why we didn't add any more lines" and I would have believed them a lot more than the space issue. I've always been a strong advocate of having more lines added to the MP, ever since the original beta. It's always been in my feedback and while UC3 had way more lines than UC2, it could have used more imo especially for objectives. I hope they go all out on UC4 because I want it to be more livelier than UC3. The more lines, the better! Screw playing as generic lifeless characters.

The Light

Anyone else experiencing glitches of nades not exploding, and treasure chests/power weapons staying on screen like they have not been picked up yet?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Anyone else experiencing glitches of nades not exploding, and treasure chests/power weapons staying on screen like they have not been picked up yet?
That's normal. it's because someone either quit out of the match or the person is really laggy.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I wish I could say it didn't happen before and that it was rare for me too, but it always did. Gotta love lag.

GRIP

So has Explosive Shell Expert become the official tryhard slot 2 booster now? I got back into the game about 2-3 weeks ago and the amount of deaths from RPG's and Hammers is fucking ridiculous. Getting killed by a dude spamming Hammer shots only to respawn and have the same guy shooting at me with more grenades.

So has Explosive Shell Expert become the official tryhard slot 2 booster now? I got back into the game about 2-3 weeks ago and the amount of deaths from RPG's and Hammers is fucking ridiculous. Getting killed by a dude spamming Hammer shots only to respawn and have the same guy shooting at me with more grenades.
Gotta love 1.18 booster "balancing". They don't have a fucking clue when it comes to balancing a Competitive MP game...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Like I said, whoever gave them the idea to change the boosters need to gtfo permanently. I want to know who these people are because they don't know shit.

I'm getting tired of seeing explosive shell expert in every loadout paired up with fleet foot. It's such a deadly combination and it is guaranteed to work every time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yemen is the worst offender but Chateau is also pretty bad. I had someone on my team just camp the RPG in the Chateau for the whole match. That's ridiculous.

Monochrome_F3ar

Neo Member
I know. I was just trying to fuck with you. I know what you mean man, when I get SS noobs in plunder in a lobby I always ALWAYS get fucked over by MM and get them. It only happens in that mode to me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Save me /tear

Just wanted to say happy new year to you guys too! Stay safe and hope we kick ass in 2014. <3

Nev

Banned
I've been playing this game (haven't played it for months so I hadn't even tried the new patch) and I've got to say it's in a fairly good state now. Sprint change is definitely noticeable and feels like a decent balance between the previous disaster and the beta sprint, which was a bit too slow. Blindfire is much, much less frequent and you see weapon variety again.

Lab 6 and especially 7 are awesome as well, I hadn't played them before. So overall I think the game is finally fun, close to beta levels of fun. Bad thing is we had to wait 2 years and the player pool isn't nearly as big.

Top Bottom