• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
If Cog designed it, I'm assuming it's a blindfire-oriented map?
You already know the answer to that lol

BTW great game tonight guys! It's been a while since UC3 GAF have played together and my god, it's always a great time. We took down that fifa party like usual. So much fun thanks for the awesome time.

eloestmn

Thats great news. No way they'll charge for that though, and if they do, no fucking way I'd pay for it.

Probably wouldn't even show up on the voting screen.

Xdye7

Holy fuck. Looks awesome except for the booster slot changes, not sure if those will play out smoothly.

Team Safe + Back in the Saddle here I come

Yeah that reply chain isn't very clear lol

How?
Posted by: xInsideJob on 10-29-2013
And the stats / leaderboards? What are you going to do and why?

Posted by: Eric-ND on 10-29-2013
Nothing happening with those. We debated this greatly and decided that everyone knows who the cheats and hackers are. We can’t really stop them - someone is always going to try to hack the boards—so it’s best to leave it in place as is.

I bet all those French losers will be mad for wasting their lives with those fake ass poll votes! :D

Xdye7

Well they kind of won in a way since the leaderboards are staying...

Anyways I'm pretty sure moving ESE to slot 2 was a bad idea

Nev

Banned
Hahaha oh my god Naughty Dog. Unbelievable.

I'm reading the notes and I can't believe it. Blindfire reduction and sprint nerf? Seems like we finally made it. Shame it's two years after release.

Strike

Me after reading this and watching the trailer:
tumblr_inline_mmco39JSlA1qz4rgp.gif

Soon enough. Soon enough.

Team Safe + Revenge + Mega Bomb (no throwbacks) = new scrubby loadout

Overall this is a good patch, but ND messed up the booster balance... who thought that would be a good idea?

Haven't played yet.

"You know what else works as well? Two beast modes. I just tried that in custom Plunder and TDM.

DAT speed!"

^ I guess ND cannot reset everyone's loadouts due to Technical Difficulties (TM)?

Leprechauning Ver.2 will ruin Plunder.

Xdye7

So these super booster combos can only be created if you had the now swapped boosters already equipped before the patch? Double bargain and double beast mode for example.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The change of boosters was one of the worst things they've ever done. Who in the FUCK requested Team Safe to be put in Slot 1? WHO!? I want to know because I want to find that person and have a word with them on how wrong they are. This is my number 1 issue with this patch. With these changes, every other party you'll face in Team Objective will have Team Safe and Back in the Saddle. There's not going to be much combinations. At least before you had to sacrifice back in the saddle for team safe or vice versa. Because of this, team killing has increased GREATLY in Team Objective. I mean, I'd get TK'd before, but now it's ridiculous....

And the booster stacking is also terrible. People going in with two gold bargains, with the additional paid bargain. So ridiculous. And it looks like it's not going to get fixed any time soon, either:

McGrubber said:
Thanks for all of the positive responses, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately, we won't be doing any more major changes or patches (we cannot force loadout resets or force downloads of all the DLC maps). We are going to let this patch marinate for awhile before entertaining any other small gameplay changes. In the meantime, I would love to hear your feedback about the updates, especially the weapon changes. Thanks!

Regarding the new weapon changes, they are OK. I LOVE the blindfire nerf. It is very noticeable now and it is really not that effective unless you try and work for your kill. It's the way it should have been from the start. However, I don't notice that much of a difference with the Para 9 blindfire spam, which is unfortunate. It's still effective as it's ever been and complete BS.

New GMAL feels nice, but I honestly didn't have a problem with it before. It was fine before this updated one IMO. This new one feels like it has more aim assist...kinda how the accuracy mod felt like before. Also, the aim assist when there are two targets in your reticle has greatly increased. Now it's even harder (IMPOSSIBLE) to control your reticle.

New FAL is better. I liked it before too, but I can't deny that it feels A LOT better now, especially when you're not scoped in. With the way it was before, if you weren't scoped in, you were doing it wrong. Now you actually can hit your targets without scoping in, which is a huge plus. I've seen people use it more now, which is great. Weapon variety = a good thing.

New TAU is fantastic imo. Having it unscoped makes a huge difference in close encounters, but the unfortunate thing about the new change is the scoped in part when you are trying to get kills from far away. There is way too much aim assist on it, making it IMPOSSIBLE to follow a moving target. With the way it was before with its forced scoped, you'd still be able to follow a moving target easily. It's worse than the Dragon's aim assist. New raffica is good too. It's finally not that trashy of a handgun.

And the new matchmaking has been decent for me. I've been getting players with five bars more frequently now, and i haven't noticed people skipping frames or having huge delays in animations like it was previously. It takes a little longer to find matches now though, but that was a given.

I DON'T like Mega Bombs or Cluster Bombs not being able to be thrown back. WHY!? ND could have decreased the timer making it a little difficult to time your throwback, but to completely remove the ability to throw it back is stupid. I know it was easy as hell to throw them back, but not being able to now was a wrong solution to that problem. Now it's extremely cheap (almost quick boom tier imo). Speaking of quick boom, the change to 12 medals was great, but with clusters and megas not being able to be thrown back, I can see these two being the kickback of choice (especially the mega bomb since it's deadlier than cluster). Spiders medal change and duration are also great changes. Now it's priced reasonably and last longer, which is good. I only wish they would have added more duration to getting cursed if you used the Cursed Idol. :(

Overall, this patch is pretty great for the game. Sure, it came late, but I love how people try to blindfire at me with their M9's, and failing at it. It's possibly the BEST thing that could have happened to this game. It's GLORIOUS.

Oh yeah Dry Docks. It's OK for TDM. Not so OK for every other mode, especially objective modes.

EDIT:

Oh shit. HOW could I forget!?

The power play changes are FANTASTIC. Matches are finally FAIR. Sure, power plays still suck, but god damn it's actually fair now than how it was before. For example, no longer have I seen a team win thanks to Marked Man like it was so commonly seen before to me. They can definitely catch up, but they won't be taking the lead within a minute like it was before. It is AWESOME.

EDIT 2:

Eric ND just posted this on the forums:

EricND said:
We called out and noticed the boosters stacking issue with Patch 1.18. We've pushed a live update the will level the playing field and make it more balanced again. Level 3 will be removed from Bargain. We are looking into other adjustments but that's a fair start. Game on!
um...it's a start? What about the other ones?

Honestly, I feel guilty for bringing up the booster stacking exploit. I never thought they would nerf boosters to tackle this issue.

Then again, they had also implemented a half-assed fix to fix the 3rd booster trick in UC2 MP that penalized everyone. Typical ND. 1 step forward, 2 steps backwards.

Regarding co-op, I don't understand why two DLC maps don't have crushing difficulty option.

Are there still many people playing co-op? Since everything is on sale I was planning on buying them and skin packs.

Co-op Arena and Co-op Adventure still have plenty people playing. These are the modes that I play most of the time.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I see the Shade and Fort co-op one in the PSN Store, , but since they came with the Fortune Hunters Club it shows as purchased. It doesn't do me any good however since I still need to buy the co-op add on to play them anyway. It doesn't appear anywhere. Wtf.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Happy 2 year anniversary, UC3!

We've had our ups and downs, but damn it you're still such a fun MP to me that I won't stop playing especially now after this awesome patch!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I didn't, unfortunately. I don't have a Reddit account. I just browse it once in a while.

Anything good come out of it?

I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE the forced in game advertisements. I've never had to deal with something like that and it drives me nuts, i'm really surprised people aren't as mad as me.

GRIP

I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE the forced in game advertisements. I've never had to deal with something like that and it drives me nuts, i'm really surprised people aren't as mad as me.

That's only for F2P players and I'm pretty sure a lot have complained about it.

Yo, They deleted cinema files again?

http://community.us.playstation.com...n/Move-Team-Safe-Back-to-Slot-2/td-p/41991171

"This was asked yesterday & this was Robert Cogburn's answer pertaining to the problem a clear indication they don't play this game & had no valid reason to make such a silly change.

Question: "I just wanted to say thank you for getting me back into games. I've always loved games since NES. I bought a ps3 because of Uncharted 3's release and played countless hours on my friends Uncharted 2, you guys are the best, and you're in control of the best multiplayer experience there is- if I could ask one thing to have answered right now it would be, what's the detailed motivation behind switching load out booster slots?"

Answer: "Man... overall we felt the distribution of boosters before hand didn't offer a weighty enough choice. There were also a few combinations a bit powerful - Bargain with Explosive Expert is one that comes to mind."

Now as you can see his reasoning makes no sense as he all he did was move Bargan to slot 1 & ESE to slot 2 which basically changed nothing lol."

Robert Cockburn logic (TM)

Seriously, fire this incompetent fool now! He ruined the weapon balance by promoting blindfire madness for 2 years and now he ruined the booster balance with a nonsensical excuse!

Top Bottom